NRL are committing suicide

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
That is a strong message by strong Leadership
perspective time

strong message and leadership would also include messages to fans/members/customers before implementation. its not like this wasnt a problem for years

the admin and officiating have dropped the ball but are in it for the long haul
we will still be officiating like this in September even if the roosters have 11 eligible players for selection

this seems another knee jerk reaction due to some high profile head knocks that were not called up. surely hitting the refs and bunker officials may have been a better way for the competition to feel they are all in this together moving forward,
how long have the refs known of the new policy

in a season where they have looked to speed up the game, maybe tackle refinement should have come before rule changes as it may have the same affect anyway. maybe head gear should be mandatory

i support the desired outcome but to assume this is a well laid out plan is ridiculous. too many asleep at the wheel. has the NRL only had foxtel for 2 weeks and thought wow, never knew the game was like this, better act

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
perspective time

strong message and leadership would also include messages to fans/members/customers before implementation. its not like this wasnt a problem for years

the admin and officiating have dropped the ball but are in it for the long haul
we will still be officiating like this in September even if the roosters have 11 eligible players for selection

this seems another knee jerk reaction due to some high profile head knocks that were not called up. surely hitting the refs and bunker officials may have been a better way for the competition to feel they are all in this together moving forward,
how long have the refs known of the new policy

in a season where they have looked to speed up the game, maybe tackle refinement should have come before rule changes as it may have the same affect anyway. maybe head gear should be mandatory

i support the desired outcome but to assume this is a well laid out plan is ridiculous. too many asleep at the wheel. has the NRL only had foxtel for 2 weeks and thought wow, never knew the game was like this, better act
Perspective is a wonderful thing indeed feathered friend :)

IMO The Strong Leader has made his strong message clear

It takes a sign of strength to implement measures to protect the players and the image of our game as it is brutal enough as it is

It takes strong leadership to back your self up and not to wilt under pressure

In time players will reform

Vladis is a Greek and Greeks are resilient ;)

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
No, it's well documented that head-gear provides no protection against concussion.
Although - you've given me an idea!
How about compulsory wearing of ... helmets covered in spikes! Then players would make contact with the head at their own peril?

(Not serious, I'm just echidna-ing) @:D
Source ?
i wear my headgear every day and havnt had one concussion since i started, and im pretty lippy. Not to mention my head is oversized. Not nate mylesy , more adorable like charlie brown

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Hahaha that's fantastic. Still have to be careful though :)

a
football lol GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member

It takes a sign of strength to implement measures to protect the players and the image of our game as it is brutal enough as it is

Vladis is a Greek and Greeks are resilient ;)
its is strong, but its weak as piss to pretend its new . the head carnage has been on the agenda for years but wilted due to tadesco getting a hammering

greeks are also tight with there money and good at growing chest hair

whats your point ?

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
its is strong, but its weak as piss to pretend its new . the head carnage has been on the agenda for years but wilted due to tadesco getting a hammering

greeks are also tight with there money and good at growing chest hair

whats your point ?
I have made my point in my post feathered friend

And you have made yours

We will agree to disagree

Ranga

Bencher
Tipping Member
Will be interesting to see how it plays out. Brett Stewart was slipping low when Crocker got him in 2007, I'm still adamant he should have been sent for that one.
Absolutely! He had one purpose and that was to put a hit on Snake. That Snake was falling only slightly mitigated the issue, but Crocker assumed the risk in going to put the hit on and didn't allow any room for himself to readjust.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Absolutely! He had one purpose and that was to put a hit on Snake. That Snake was falling only slightly mitigated the issue, but Crocker assumed the risk in going to put the hit on and didn't allow any room for himself to readjust.
You are 100 % Red
That Crocker mongrel was on a mission to maim our helpless fullback who was up in the air with his eyes on the ball

That was a cnt act by Crocker

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The NRL are intent on forcing defenders to tackle lower.

They also punish low tackling by not allowing the markers to get set.

They are looking to speed the game up even more. Low tackling, less or no markers, even quicker PTBs.

The endgame is a slightly more contact version of oztag/ touch footy.

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
No, it's well documented that head-gear provides no protection against concussion.
Although - you've given me an idea!
How about compulsory wearing of ... helmets covered in spikes! Then players would make contact with the head at their own peril?

(Not serious, I'm just echidna-ing) @:D
however mouth guards do in some instances ... they don't just protect the teeth but act as shock absorbers ..... I cant believe the amount of payers not wearing them ... head gear keeps your ears pretty

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 5 6 47 12
11 5 6 -88 12