No polish.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Monaghan will be our run on hooker. (He adds more to the team than he detracts.

Ballin should play a 50/50 split with monas in the hooking role. (He just can't be left out of the team. He's way to good for that. The reason I believe Ballin would be better off the bench is he gives better service that will prove beneficial when players are starting to tire. Not to mention his impeccable timing for scooting would work wonders if he was fresh and the defense is wearing down.

complete bollocks!

I've been reading. What I can see is you have an opinion but I can't quite understand your reasoning.

So, what part of that is Bolloks and why?

Ballin should play a minimum of 60 minutes and Monaghan as little as possible because Ballin is a far superior dummy half.

What was the general split between Dunley and Monas last year ?

I notice that we have had plenty of interchanges up our sleeve late in the games so far this season. Maybe something to do with having a passenger on the bench (Halden) and our alleged superior fitness.

I was wondering if these spare interchanges are likely to continue than we could rotate Monas and Ballin more. Ideally use Ballin as more of an attacking dummy half, whereas Monas shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the opposition 20m zone. Monas can do the graft work in defence and take the hard yards at the start of each half. It's only a whimsical idea but we could have an offensive and defensive dummy half.

Realistically though, what is wrong with Ballin doing a bit of an apprenticeship off the bench this year. He has waited this long for his chance in the team, I'm sure he can ease his way into the starting position over another season. Although he has already probably proven he is capable against weaker opposition (Warriors excluded), it's a long season. I'm no Monas fan, but he has done nothing too wrong this year, and on current form has something to offer the team. I think that in the short term when Ox returns that starting with Monas and having Ballin off the bench is OK. If we get behind in games and Monas looks like being the problem, than drag him and get Ballin in there to speed things up. If we are ahead, than Monas can do the safety first stuff and it'll lessen the defensive load on Ballin (good for long term).

I think we are all missing the point, the best thing about this is no Dunley this year. Woo hoo, our penalty conceded count will plummet, especially with Matai out injured as well.

Im quite happy for Ballin to be on the bench this season to serve his apprenticeship. However if he was given the same game time as Halden or Willow was last season I would not be happy.

Starting 80 minute hooker next season with Monas elsewhere.

Ok heres one outta left field I'm on holidays and on the juice so I may be able to blame that later

Start with Ballin with Monas,Bryant/Rose/Hall & Halfasanga on the bench

After say the 1st 20 Wilow comes off with Monas going to lock, may be able to take a similar (but lets say inferior, to appease Mata) role as Kosef.

Then after say 30 minutes Ballin has a spell and Monas slots into hooker with Halfasanga coming on to with luck run wild

What in the hell, rubbish are you drinkin UP ? Only 5 on the bench ?

Last time I was pissed I had 7 on the bench............... + .........a few Bulldog forwards just to keep Ryan happy. :p

Fluffy: Ask a fan from another club about the following players and you will generally get the following answer:

Orford: In the top tier of halfbacks. Everyone knows you pay over the odds for a playmaker because they are a franchise player.

Monaghan: Journeyman similar to John Morris or Casey McGuire. You just don't pay top dollar for a journeyman.

It's called supply and demand. A top tier halfback is very rare. A journeyman is not.

So is it fair to say we'd all rather orford at Number 7, that Monas has played a prominent role in the first 4 games this year, and that manly paid overs due to the contract crap that went on?

We all know this, why do we constantly have to compare his efforts to 240k. It's done, nothing can be done about it, we can hope the next offer is more to his worth.

can anyone say he is worth 240k - prolly not. can we all say he's currently doing a good job for the team in a position he hasn't played for soem time - prolly yes.

let's all know what he is paid, move on and support him and the team.

lol its so obvious Mata has an agenda with Monaghan. Everyone can see Monaghan can play... yeah not a better half back than Orford... Ballin has yet to prove himself consistently over a season.. so you cant judge him on the limited NRL footy yet.. so he learns his trade off the bench.

Next season could be different... but no Monas gets paid $240k. Ohhh really?? is that what hes on?

[quote author=Matabele]
let's all know what he is paid, move on and support him and the team.

You are short sighted. His mere presence means that we are unable to be the team we could. Who can tell who we have already missed out on in the last two years because of his unwanted presence? Who will we miss out on next year?

At the risk of a YART, no Monas could have meant:

Stewart
Robinson
Matai
Bell
Hicks
Lyon
Orford
SIMPSON
Ballin
Kite
Menzies
Watmough
CREAGH

Burns
Stewart
Bryant
King

And I hope you Einsteins realise he was signed in 2005 for 3 years, not 2 as some of you seem to think. We are not rid of the scourge at the end of this year.

[quote author=Utility Player]

What in the hell, rubbish are you drinkin UP ? Only 5 on the bench ?

Last time I was pissed I had 7 on the bench............... + .........a few Bulldog forwards just to keep Ryan happy. :p

[/quote]

:yeah: I'll take a bench with Mason, Williams, Ryan and Matua on it !!! ;)

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10