No polish.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
[quote author=Matabele]
We get to ammuse ourselves recounting the Monaghan clangers for the next week.

Flip implored everyone to debate the topics with Mata.

I guess the above is an example of the quality of the response when a reasonable question is posed to justify his position on a topic. :~?
[/quote]

Fairly obvious that I'm saying the only pro I can see if Ballin getting a breather. Can you think of any others or are you going to nit pick and play the man not the ball?

Comprehension ryan

13 - 15 is not 13 from 15

it is as YOU wrote it, 13-15 games straight. Meaning Thirteen to fifteen games straight.

Comprehension 2 Ryan. I have never said Monas is better than orford, i claim he was better value last year. At half the cost of orford im hardly far off the truth.

Mata, you are welcome to disagree on that but every time we try and debate it someone likes to but in and change what the arguement is about from the value of the players to who is the better player mainly due to lack of comprehension skills it seems. Still im sure we can take over the god thread as the longest, all we need is a poor game from king or monas and theres another 10 pages ;).

CIG - pretty spot on

Ryan this is for you, i shall now refer to this part of the post as Understanding Fluffy 101.

Orford is a better player than monas and i would prefer him to be halfback.

I felt orford was average last year mostly in the first half and performed well below what we paid for him.

I feel monas is overpaid but not by as much as orford although the % of over payment is about the same based on last years performance.

Manly did not lost 13 straight, 15 straight or 13 from 15 at any time during 2005. Manly lost 5 in a row in 2005, that was the worst streak. They lost a total of half their games (12) in the regular season. The team around the half back far far better in 2006 than 2005. The 2006 team won just 2 more games.

I believe King is a good player when injury free. As shown this year. He was our second best prop last year, just a mile or 10 behind our best.

I think Ballin is a great prospect and have thought so for a few years since seeing him in PL.

Comprehension ryan

13 - 15 is not 13 from 15

it is as YOU wrote it, 13-15 games straight. Meaning Thirteen to fifteen games straight.

Comprehension 2 Ryan. I have never said Monas is better than orford, i claim he was better value last year. At half the cost of orford im hardly far off the truth.

Mata, you are welcome to disagree on that but every time we try and debate it someone likes to but in and change what the arguement is about from the value of the players to who is the better player mainly due to lack of comprehension skills it seems. Still im sure we can take over the god thread as the longest, all we need is a poor game from king or monas and theres another 10 pages ;).

CIG - pretty spot on

Ryan this is for you, i shall now refer to this part of the post as Understanding Fluffy 101.

Orford is a better player than monas and i would prefer him to be halfback.

I felt orford was average last year mostly in the first half and performed well below what we paid for him.

I feel monas is overpaid but not by as much as orford although the % of over payment is about the same based on last years performance.

Manly did not lost 13 straight, 15 straight or 13 from 15 at any time during 2005. Manly lost 5 in a row in 2005, that was the worst streak. They lost a total of half their games (12) in the regular season. The team around the half back far far better in 2006 than 2005. The 2006 team won just 2 more games.

I believe King is a good player when injury free. As shown this year. He was our second best prop last year, just a mile or 10 behind our best.

I think Ballin is a great prospect and have thought so for a few years since seeing him in PL.

Eh? Thirteen "to" fifteen games "straight"

It's either 13 straight...or 15 straight....
OR 13 FROM 15. Not 13 from/to 15 straight.

8|

omg

13 = minimum losses straight
15 = maximum losses straight

you wrote the thing and now your debating what you wrote is poorly written?

FFS its not that hard

even 13 from 15 is complete LIES

[quote author=Fluffy]I felt orford was average last year

You actually said "average at best" ;)

[/quote]

Don't let fact get in the way of Fluffy trying to prove his point ;)

omg

FFS its not that hard

Your debate on the number was with Flipper Fluffy. I'm debating your logic behind 13 from 15 straight as you put it. :lol:

Fairly obvious that I'm saying the only pro I can see if Ballin getting a breather. Can you think of any others or are you going to nit pick and play the man not the ball?

I cant see that offering “Ballins breather” & “Monas clangers” represents your previous proposition that the hooking duties COULD be shared. No nitpicking, it just seems more obvious that youve contradicted your original position.

It seemingly makes the case that you are just arguing against Fluffy with your Monas agenda rather then debating the merits of Monas sharing the #9.

Fluffy: Ask a fan from another club about the following players and you will generally get the following answer:

Orford: In the top tier of halfbacks. Everyone knows you pay over the odds for a playmaker because they are a franchise player.

Monaghan: Journeyman similar to John Morris or Casey McGuire. You just don't pay top dollar for a journeyman.

It's called supply and demand. A top tier halfback is very rare. A journeyman is not.

[quote author=Matabele]

I cant see that offering “Ballins breather” & “Monas clangers” represents your previous proposition that the hooking duties COULD be shared. No nitpicking, it just seems more obvious that youve contradicted your original position.

It seemingly makes the case that you are just arguing against Fluffy with your Monas agenda rather then debating the merits of Monas sharing the #9.

[/quote]

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

[quote author=Matabele]

[/quote]

Did I say I could see 5 cons and 2 pros? If yes I have contradicted myself. If not then I haven't.

I am more convinced today than I was two days ago that we cannot afford to insult Ballin by forcing him to play second fiddle to Monaghan on Orford's return.

[quote author=Jatz Crackers]
[quote author=Matabele]

[/quote]

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
[/quote]

pffffft

Your the easiest because of your heresay arguments.

It seems your the head duck that feeds out the BS and then a select few try to back it up.

Go for the queen bee i say.

[quote author=fLIP]
[quote author=Fluffy]I felt orford was average last year

You actually said "average at best" ;)

[/quote]

Don't let fact get in the way of Fluffy trying to prove his point ;)
[/quote]

i did too, and both are correct, the exact quote was:

"orford was average at best for the majority of the first half of last year"

jeez Ryan, what do you know, the facts support my story.

Keep at it, one day youll get 1 right

Your the easiest because of your heresay arguments.

Is that heresy or hearsay?

Regardless, I have not budged my position for the entire thread. Monas lacks polish.

He is also no longer our first choice number 7 or number 9.

He is grossly overpaid.

That is not heresy or hearsay.

[quote author=Fluffy]
omg

FFS its not that hard

Your debate on the number was with Flipper Fluffy. I'm debating your logic behind 13 from 15 straight as you put it. :lol:
[/quote]

Here is your exact quote Ryan:

"We lost our last 13-15 games or something terrible like that."

:stupid: :stupid: :stupid:

And that was you riding in on your high horse to support flip who has said our last 13.

theres like 3 different discussions going on in this one thread and its getting way to hard to follow. So lets just all agree with fLIP ;)

Monaghan will be our run on hooker. (He adds more to the team than he detracts.

Ballin should play a 50/50 split with monas in the hooking role. (He just can't be left out of the team. He's way to good for that. The reason I believe Ballin would be better off the bench is he gives better service that will prove beneficial when players are starting to tire. Not to mention his impeccable timing for scooting would work wonders if he was fresh and the defense is wearing down.

Burns should be 5/8th. Mainly because we have a structure for the future if we go with Burns. I'd love to see Lyon get another crack but our future to me seems more assured with lyon in the centers so burns can develop his game.

Orford obviously for halfback. Nobody is disputing this but at least monas has done a decent enough job to help the team get 4/4 wins so far.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8