No polish.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Matabele

Journey Man
The first game indicated how valuable Orford is. We had about six sets in the opposition quarter and scored five tries. On Saturday we had so many sets and lacked penetration. A lot of Mona's passes were ponderous at best and the last tackle options were mechanical and predictable. Orford gives us that x-factor and is a much more thinking player. There is no comparison.

Monas gives 100% this year but is a plodder at half and little more. Adequate stop-gap but the big question is the price that Manly pay him.

ORford gives us cfredibility too. Plenty want to play with him.

There's no queue of players lining up for the priviledge of receiving a Monaghan looping special in the teeth of the oncoming defence.

Fluffy

Journey Man
It is a quote from Top gun when the planes suddenly go off in a differnet direction, just like this thread did from my previous post to that one.

Jatz Crackers

First Grader
Have to agree with CW about Monas in oppositions red zone. Unfortunately, Monas over thinks the play and finds himself taking way way too much time to decide & deliver. Even when the final choice is a long cut out ball, the defence has had plenty enough time to move up in a straight line. We all know what happens then. Orford doesnt have those issues and if we are to compete with proficient sides in that part of the year that matters, then its a no brainer for me.

But Monas is a fabulous stop gap measure and versatile enough to add to this side and there is no doubting his value right now, but this is where we end up with the money debate.

The undeniable truth about Monas paypacket is it doesnt matter where he is played. Starting 7 or bench 17, the fact is we will spend the same money wherever he plays and why wouldnt any coach (or fan for that matter) want to see him play where it does the team the most good. Monas & Ballin are similar in many skill sets but Ballin is better at ball distribution and thats what this team needs more of.

And thats where I come to the conclusion that when all hands are healthy & back on deck Manly is best served by Monas taking the secondary bench hooker spot.

With that part solved, the make-up of the team is then guided by who is 5/8. Have to say im still undecided on this one. Game 1 didnt educate us really so its impossible to be certain one way or other.

01. Stewart
02. Robertson
03. Bell
04. Lyon
05. Hicks
06. Burns
07. Orford
08. King
09. Ballin
10. Kite
11. Beaver
12. Watmough
13. G Stewart

14. Monas
15. Rose
16. Hall
17. Willo/Matai

Bryant is the drop off

OR

01. Stewart
02. Robertson
03. Bell
04. Matai
05. Hicks
06. Lyon
07. Orford
08. King
09. Ballin
10. Kite
11. Beaver
12. Watmough
13. G Stewart

14. Monas/Burns
15. Rose
16. Hall
17. Willo

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Wheel, the God debate went for double the length of this thread.

I forgot about that humdinger, I notice religion has been added to this thread to so who knows how long it will be.

Having said that I reckon Monas should be the utility off the bench. Ballin is an ideal traditional hooker while Monas would be great coming on after 30 mins to take some heat off Ox & Burns with his kicking game and adding another option to the attack. Plus adding his ability to cover both backs & forwards in case of injury.

Matabele

Journey Man
Too disruptive to have the clown come into play I say.

Just stick with Ballin and have Monas on the bench as cover aka Halden.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member

Halden - all he does is add to the doctors bill for the club as he has to get the splinters taken out of his arse each weekend as Des won't play him. Surely having someone who Des is prepared to put on the ground is more value on the bench that Clint.

Nutzcraw

Bencher
I'm happy for mona's to either play hooker or the bench role.

There's no way he will get the nod over Orford.... Orford is a much better half but Mona's has done a fantastic job in his absence.

I'm sure when the time comes des will make the right decision :|

Let's not forget angry smurf is still to come back :lol:

9. Michael Monaghan
14. Shayne Dunley

PL. Matt Ballin :lol:

It's all **** because we have no control over it and i am happy to leave the decision to des.. i have confidence he will make the right call.

Matabele

Journey Man
[quote author=Matabele]

Halden - all he does is add to the doctors bill for the club as he has to get the splinters taken out of his arse each weekend as Des won't play him. Surely having someone who Des is prepared to put on the ground is more value on the bench that Clint.

[/quote]

It doesn't make logical sense to replace a superior player with an inferior one to justify the inferior one's existence on the bench.

If Ballin is the best dummy half and can maintain it for 80 minutes why disrupt the side by bringing on King Loop?

Fluffy

Journey Man
because giving ballin a rest for a period will see him far superior to an 80 minute version of himself. You will gain more than you lose in passing from monas.

Matabele

Journey Man
We'll see Fluffy. I fear it will lead to disruption.

I think what we will actually see is Monas starting and Ballin relieving. And the contrast will be stark.

Which will be exceedingly frustrating........

Nutzcraw

Bencher
The reality is Monaghan is a first grade player... he's proven he can play at that level and so he will be in the first grade side.

Probably ahead of Ballin... because he has experience and he can play.

Fluffy

Journey Man
i still think you will get more out of ballin.

In the same way Cam Smith has a rest at melbourne, priddis at penriff and buderous at the knights. im sure all could play 80 minutes however are more effective with a rest. I can see Ballin being as good as these guys but saw him tiring late in the half on sunday so feel he could do well to follow the best in game time.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14
12 6 6 -39 14