Nico Hines

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
koula is the best schoolboy union player in the country so is easily at these blokes level

i dont think people here realised how much he dominated the GPS comp at newington. he tore teams to shreds week in week out and also put massive hits on as a defender.

if you are the best schoolboy player in the country and run 10.5s 100m (addo-carr pace) I would think you are doing ok to be a backup fullback at 19. get him a gig so he doesnt leave us for the chooks who will offer him one of the moz bros wing/centre spot
Sounds like Tom Wright... just saying

yeah Tom Wright the Wallaby
Becoming a Wallaby isn’t what it used to be. Most half decent NRL backs would probably crack that team within 12 months of playing.

Tom had a lot of talent but he also went missing in games and lacked a desire to do the tough stuff. In my opinion.

My point is that until a kid with talent proves themselves a consistent performer in the NRL the talent means very little. Gets you in the door but attitude and perseverance make you a good first grader.

I hope just as much as everyone else that Koula is the next superstar, but I’ll wait to see him play against men before getting the rings engraved.

See how he goes in Flegg for the time being , maybe or probably will be at Black Town before season 's end . Would no doubt have Funa and Tippy Toes ahead of him in the pecking order for now but still plenty of time this season for Koula to impress and get that much closer to i st grade consideration .[ sure that that is why he is already in the top 30 squad ] Have quite a bit of talent now or emerging for wing spots but would still think that Tom Wright could have made a go of it there as well for Manly if he was given an opportunity there when previously at the club .

is walker leaving? if not I would keep him and look to have walker as one centre with harper, with koula to come in at centre when one drops.
Suli looks like his time is running out but if he comes back and is damaging it is another headache.
I like parker as a bloke and at the club but as I've long said he needs to become a backrower too so he has a versatility option because the only way I see him in the side long term is as cover off the bench or for injuries.
Tuipoulotu I'm unsure will be getting a gig. Hope he plays real well and pushes but as we've all noticed we have a huge amount of centre/wing cover these days... without a real star. For me players who have the potential to become a strike centre are only: walker, suli and koula.

Becoming a Wallaby isn’t what it used to be. Most half decent NRL backs would probably crack that team within 12 months of playing.

Tom had a lot of talent but he also went missing in games and lacked a desire to do the tough stuff. In my opinion.

My point is that until a kid with talent proves themselves a consistent performer in the NRL the talent means very little. Gets you in the door but attitude and perseverance make you a good first grader.

I hope just as much as everyone else that Koula is the next superstar, but I’ll wait to see him play against men before getting the rings engraved.
i agree somewhat but the thing is that the blokes who 'do the tough stuff' but don't have the talent will never win you a comp.

If you look at every comp winner there is generally 3-4 positions at least where there is a player who is the 1st or 2nd best in that position in the comp.

I really like harper and hope he stays at centre for this year. But it is hard to see him becoming the 'best centre in the comp' - for walker, suli and koula there is potential there.

i agree somewhat but the thing is that the blokes who 'do the tough stuff' but don't have the talent will never win you a comp.

If you look at every comp winner there is generally 3-4 positions at least where there is a player who is the 1st or 2nd best in that position in the comp.

I really like harper and hope he stays at centre for this year. But it is hard to see him becoming the 'best centre in the comp' - for walker, suli and koula there is potential there.
I totally agree with you. I wasn’t saying that we just pick a bunch of hard workers and forget the talent. But was more so just cautioning people to get caught up on Koula just yet and set unrealistic expectations.

With regards to the centres you mentioned, I’ve seen enough from Walker to suggest he has the work ethic and will do the 1% extras in a game. So apart from injury and off field garbage, he has the talent and application to be a star. Unfortunately, despite having an enormous amount of natural talent I just don’t see Suli taking the next step and putting up consistent NRL performances. He’s lazy and looks for the easy way out too often.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10