Nico Hines

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
The Matty John’s interview was a good one, he comes across a decent bloke Nicho.

Don’t know the whole story only what was discussed in the interview is that he did the pre-season for free and then got injured and the club did not follow through with a contract, it comes across that he was not treated fairly by the club.

Best of luck to him as he explores his options with a club that can guarantee him a spot in the starting lineup.

The Matty John’s interview was a good one, he comes across a decent bloke Nicho.

Don’t know the whole story only what was discussed in the interview is that he did the pre-season for free and then got injured and the club did not follow through with a contract, it comes across that he was not treated fairly by the club.

Best of luck to him as he explores his options with a club that can guarantee him a spot in the starting lineup.
Yeah watched it tonight. Doubt he’d ever come back to Manly. Didn’t say it but was almost like he had a chip on his shoulder about the Manly treatment - sounded warranted to be fair. Seems like a good bloke. His mum was in and out of jail when he was a kid.

Nico is not the player are looking for. He would cost more than his real value and we will be very top-heavy on our cap for at least 3 more years. We have very promising young guys in our system and we should concentrate on them...adding more of them. This is our future.

Nico is not the player are looking for. He would cost more than his real value and we will be very top-heavy on our cap for at least 3 more years. We have very promising young guys in our system and we should concentrate on them...adding more of them. This is our future.
On reflection I actually agree with this. How do we resolve our fullback cover issue? Who steps up from our current squad? Walker was diabolical.

Barrett moved on all our up and coming back line depth like Nicho, and Gutho (Gutho was at the start of a 3 year deal) so he could bring in his pack of loser drinking buddies Nate Myles, Lewis Browne, Corey Waddell. Nicho won’t ever come back after they shafted him. Now he is having too much fun with Cooper Johns in the Storm circle jerk. Happy to play reserves and pretend they are part of the winning team I can’t listen to the media wankfest anymore.

Koula NRL fullback? Get real. He's still a kid, with a lot to learn before he is a reliable 1st grader - ESPECIALLY for the fullback position. He and Weekes will most prob be future stars, but not for a few more years. We definitely need a quality FB now. If/when Turbo goes down next, who steps up? Des said during pre-season that he could see Saab playing FB. Harper had a good crack during the trial. Or do we buy Aekins from the Raiders for example? Upgrade Smith from Blacktown? I hope Des is planning properly this time

Barrett moved on all our up and coming back line depth like Nicho, and Gutho (Gutho was at the start of a 3 year deal) so he could bring in his pack of loser drinking buddies Nate Myles, Lewis Browne, Corey Waddell. Nicho won’t ever come back after they shafted him. Now he is having too much fun with Cooper Johns in the Storm circle jerk. Happy to play reserves and pretend they are part of the winning team I can’t listen to the media wankfest anymore.
Yeah what I didn’t like about the interview was his blind faith in the Storm and how they only have “good people” in their system. Ahh nicho salary cap rorting, dirty tactics etc. Tge place sounds like a bloody cult. Bring em in and brainwash them to do what Storm want.

Koula NRL fullback? Get real. He's still a kid, with a lot to learn before he is a reliable 1st grader - ESPECIALLY for the fullback position. He and Weekes will most prob be future stars, but not for a few more years. We definitely need a quality FB now. If/when Turbo goes down next, who steps up? Des said during pre-season that he could see Saab playing FB. Harper had a good crack during the trial. Or do we buy Aekins from the Raiders for example? Upgrade Smith from Blacktown? I hope Des is planning properly this time
Sell Walker and buy Conner Watson.

He was cheap when we let him go ... I remember him going into hooker because of injury to the starting 9 ... can't remember his name ..... and he covered really well .... anyway Bellamy has been the mentor he needed ... Twent would have sunk him imho

Yeah Ive been thinking about this a bit and I see a few options, none super exciting and all say 2 year stop gaps till Koula is fully ready.

1.Aekins - Straight back up option, off contract, but would he be willing to move again without a shot of becoming a starter.

2.Will Hoppa - let Parker and Walker go and bring Hoppa in. Lacks pace but still a reliable player and provides fullback cover. Not in huge demand so price wont be crazy.
But.....bringing a hoppa back into the fold....

3.DWZ - 1 year to go on his contract but Dogs have Allen, Cotric, Addo Carr, Naden and Okunbor and may be will to let him go. Let Garrick go, experienced but leaves us short a kicker.

4. Isaako - think he still has another year but Broncos possibly looking at a clean out. If we could get him ticks a lot of boxes to replace Garrick, young and a great goalkicker but may be too expensive?

5. Watson - If Fainu goes down think he is a great option for 14 with Lawton playing the first 30. That said if we get Fainu back is their a fit in the squad for him?

Yeah Ive been thinking about this a bit and I see a few options, none super exciting and all say 2 year stop gaps till Koula is fully ready.

1.Aekins - Straight back up option, off contract, but would he be willing to move again without a shot of becoming a starter.

2.Will Hoppa - let Parker and Walker go and bring Hoppa in. Lacks pace but still a reliable player and provides fullback cover. Not in huge demand so price wont be crazy.

3.DWZ - 1 year to go on his contract but Dogs have Allen, Cotric, Addo Carr, Naden and Okunbor and may be will to let him go. Let Garrick go, experienced but leaves us short a kicker.

4. Isaako - think he still has another year but Broncos possibly looking at a clean out. If we could get him ticks a lot of boxes to replace Garrick, young and a great goalkicker but may be too expensive?

5. Watson - If Fainu goes down think he is a great option for 14 with Lawton playing the first 30. That said if we get Fainu back is their a fit in the squad for him?
Watson could really play anywhere - back up halves/hooker, 13, centre, and fullback. Also if we were to get say Aekins, I'm sure we could get him in at centre/wing if turbo is fit. Interesting to see what happens here. Knowing Des, we prob won't really be going for any of these options; instead, backing our current crop, and jnrs

Isaako would be the pick from that list - he’s playing very well at fullback and kicks goals. Would be a good winger playing off Turbo too.

I assume he’s too expensive for what we need though.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10