Max Delmege has a swipe

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
life skills like how to generate dodgy investments and end up in court about companies that you mysteriously resign from right before court action is pursued from investors. Those kind of life skills?

Lurker were you not calling someone out for slander? I'm no expert and I'm sure you didn't cross any line but it is very close 2 what you won't stand for. Glass house lurker don't be a hypocrite on a forum it will come back 2 bite you.

Lurker were you not calling someone out for slander? I'm no expert and I'm sure you didn't cross any line but it is very close 2 what you won't stand for. Glass house lurker don't be a hypocrite on a forum it will come back 2 bite you.
slander is when you accuse someone of something without justification. I can very easily go and find all the conflicting posts if you want and I provided justification. I'm not interested in being double or triple teamed here. And to be honest what I said isn't slander anyway unless you consider it damaging to Susan's reputation that I think she (or he) has been posting rather hypocritically and in a contradictory manner.

Lets go to slander & defamation school. To all my learned friends..........

If I rearrange the letters of this thread title:
"Max Delmege has a swipe"
to
"Max Delmege Ass Wipe"

Is their a legal threat on the horizon ?

slander is when you accuse someone of something without justification. I can very easily go and find all the conflicting posts if you want and I provided justification. I'm not interested in being double or triple teamed here. And to be honest what I said isn't slander anyway unless you consider it damaging to Susan's reputation that I think she (or he) has been posting rather hypocritically and in a contradictory manner.

I think the thing here is Max put in over 10 mill to Manly . When the G F C came it hit him hard and a lot of the things that he and others were in went south like most things in the world did at that time. All I know is Max saved us he is a great man for doing that and he deserves nothing but praise from us Manly followers.

Last edited:
It's undeniable that Max saved this club. He came along and injected plenty of his own money because he loves Manly. What he has done away from the club in his commercial dealings is unknown to me and I've never met him so I can't call him a champion bloke with any certainty.

As far as Glenn goes, I'm of the firm belief that the club knew they couldn't keep him and the next generation. So they made a call. Maybe they should have made another call (to Glenn) to let him know. The guy deserved that.

The club probably needs to communicate a bit better.

While we are on the topic - I would swap Gifty and kitey for DCE and FOZ in a ****ing heartbeat.

I can handle losses, I can handle being outplayed. I can handle a rebuilding 2-3 years.

I cant handle ****en $ grubs masquerading as Manly men.

While we are on the topic - I would swap Gifty and kitey for DCE and FOZ in a ****ing heartbeat.

I can handle losses, I can handle being outplayed. I can handle a rebuilding 2-3 years.

I cant handle ****en $ grubs masquerading as Manly men.

Look I hate to say it but its a sign of our times that loyalty to clubs only belongs to us the fans now. New age players are about them and the money. As sad as that is , it is the way it is now and for us we need to learn how to deal with it. As we have all shown to DE$$ and choch ,You can go where you like but we will hate you when you pull on another jumper or go to another club. Thats our right as we are the Tribe known as Manly. There is no player or owner that can change that. Thats just who we are. If you bite us we will maul you.

Last edited:
Sorry guys, id rather kite, g Stewart and watmough in this team right now than the mercenaries.

Thats just my opinion, so I agree with max. Whichever ****wit on the board put clamps on glenn, should be immediately sacked.

They should have said, let one of the mercs go, and resign these three club legends, who talk so positively about the club at that time.

I see why choc was so pissed off with dce. Dce says hes enjoying the process while all of chocs decade long mates are being displaced

What these ex players don't seem to understand is that the story isn't over yet. Vautin wanted top dollar for 1990 and was moved on. He was awful until he retired while we compiled a team which dominated the 1990s. I think history will look kindly on the tough decisions made in 2014.

Vautin is still unnecessarily sooky about 1989.

Don't get me wrong. I wouldn't care if either left now. It's just the distraction of it all leading into a season, and the affect it has on other players. Plus, it's driving apathy amongst the fanbase. People want to know who they are going to be supporting here.

The last three months of DCE and Kieran Foran Rugby League, all they have done is lose, and lose, and lose.

They need to pull their ****ing heads in and focus on winning a game or two for the team they are screwing over, yet who gave them their start

The workings of the salary cap and the NRL's unwillingness to reward 10 year players with salary cap concessions has cost us the ability to offer larger contracts to our longer serving players , but , the main thing is our team's success is the main reason....small teams will always throw massive coin to a single player with view it will help them attract other players in the following couple of seasons. What we have is two players getting massive offers at the same time and that's a year before their current deals are up ....The NRL wants memberships for clubs but cant reward long serving players...wheres the logic ? To me it seems they want a different premier every year and think fans will follow regardless of what they do....if DCE goes to the coast with an NRL GUARANTEED third party deal then to me that's cheating. ..the bongos get friday nights locked in....the mixo player allowed to play on last year after pleading guilty. ..elite player allowance that will be used at NRL CEO discretion when GI goes to sign soon....it all smells of WWE wrestling to me...events managed to benefit the business....and they wonder why ppl wont waste their cash going to games or memberships but rather watch on Fox ? The broadcaster even rigs the draw to maximise return on investment ??? Tell me who runs the comp now...NRL or Nine ? And the Nine exec doesnt hide the fact its about their " right " to have say in the draw as a result of their need to maximise return on investment ???? Instead of a competition between sporting organisations , has the comp been reduced to simply content for the broadcasters ?? To me it has....who's the next team / area that needs a premiership in order to maintain the ratings ?? ....I remember the ex bongo ceo Cullen giving an interview on radio re third party payments and realised there is no such thing as a level playing field...and clubs are supposed to be at arm's length with 3rd party deals...WTF ??? .....Gifty , Kyte , DCE and Foran...the situation we are in is a combination of ALL of the above and Manly trying to play by the rules and within our means....Decisions are made and id rather we let a player go a year early rather than a year late.....I would have hated to see the reaction from fans if we kept say our two aging forwards and lost our two young halves....we tried to account for this and with lack of long serving player allowances and ridiculous offers from bottom feeder clubs - welcome to season 2015 ! ...FFS The bongos kept the kangaroo capt on 200k as far as the cap was concerned....yet we are having to compete with 1million dollar offers from NRL bailed out or assisted clus ??? Its a business not between footy clubs but a business that we as a club are minor shareholders IMO....Finally, Max can express his opinion on Manly as he sees fit...No Max no Manly....ppl have short memories...we were supposedly 72 hrs from closing the doors.....rant over.

It doesn't seem to matter what DCE says, he will cop it. He has won so many games for us. His brilliance has been noticed by every other club and selector.

Foz is such an honest footballer, he hits the line and leaves nothing out there. He brings another dimension and again we are lucky enough to have the "best halves combination in the "NRL"

We all want them signed, but whether we are in 1989 letting Vautin go, or earlier still when we bought legends from Souths, Norths etc none of us said that was disgraceful and now none of us should be so harsh as this circle of life signing/letting go process continues, albeit too slowly for us fans.

These young men are good people, they aren't trying to hurt Manly.

They are like every other person with families, mortgages and I hope that Joe and Scott find the resources or big companies want to embrace their personas for TPAs as they are a credit to us on and off the field.

The Sea Eagles Mentor program was started to help players interact with business leaders, learn key skills to better equip them for the pressures they encounter now, and also for a better life after football.

I hope that this program has made a difference, and continues to give all players wanting to improve some key experienced people in their camp, not just their managers.

Let's face it, there is always going to be some conflict between the club and the players, hopefully we win more than we lose, but money will always be important, and weekend footy at Brooky (thankfully will go on forever) or at least as long as the NRL are reasonable but will certainly go on well beyond this set of players and board.

The club has custodians, but exists for the fans, Go Manly.

Max Delmege's sponsorship is a distant memory and he no longer has the wealth to contribute to ongoing success. Therefore he needs to hold his tongue and let more successful business people continue to do what is required to keep the club successful for the long term. His comments are bitter and undignified.

Lol Lurker

I am a bloke, 187cm and 120kg and ill pm you my address if you would like to visit me on the Gold Coast at your leisure so you can unleash your fury lol...Seriously though,settle down old mate . We all love this club and plenty get passionate. I know I do....simply comes down to respecting other opinions even if they differ from yours. Not an overly difficult concept.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8