Max Delmege has a swipe

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
image.jpg

I agree we should have moved heaven and earth to sign Glenn. We re-signed Hiku and Buhrer but they won't win us a premiership; a happy club with the senior group would however. I know some people say the senior group can't hold the club to ransom and maybe so, but loyalty is a two way street and we showed Glenn none. Yeah, he kept getting busted, but sooner or later the tide would turn, only now it's Souths who'll reap the benefits, whilst we pick up the pieces of a poorly handled shafting of one of our club legends.

What a load of.
We had to let one of our greatest ever go in Steve Menzies, and none of this crap came up.
Sad to say, but Glenn Stewarts best days are behind him. Hiku and Buhrer are our future.
DCE and Foran are looking for the best deals they can get- and why begrudge them that. Player loyalty and club loyalty are both things of the past unfortunately.

Pretty sure Max was there when we told Menzies- thanks but no thanks?
And out of the two- I know who should have stayed.

Yeah I just don't buy this at all the rot started with players getting involved with who is more "worthy" of a contract rather than doing what they are paid 2 do play football. These same players didn't arc up over Kitey being shown the door wasn't he "worthy" enough.

Glenn looked as happy as Larry playing for the Rabbits the other day. If he is happy with here he is, why should any of our players still be upset? Glenn even seems to have finally stopped carrying that invisible baby while on the field.
No, he was still doing it...noticed it very early on in the match.

Max is very entitled to speak. Without him there would not have been the platform for the success we have.

He is right to point out that there has been a wholesale failure when it comes to communication with our senior players.

At least we know now that the board is heading in a unified direction.

He is voicing his opinion, just as the rest of us have. Whether you take any note of it is up to you.

Good on you Max you have every right to voice your concern as any loyal Sea Eagle does. Unfortunately egos and greed, politics and self interest played a part in all this as it does in many facets of life. We will survive with or without them, maybe not at the heights we are used to but at least we will still be there as a thorn in the NRL and the moron masses side.

Max was pretty bitter at the old board, but he is a hell of a nice bloke. It's a pity he is not around things at the club anymore because does have good life skills to impart on those willing enough to listen.

Max was pretty bitter at the old board, but he is a hell of a nice bloke. It's a pity he is not around things at the club anymore because does have good life skills to impart on those willing enough to listen.
life skills like how to generate dodgy investments and end up in court about companies that you mysteriously resign from right before court action is pursued from investors. Those kind of life skills?

life skills like how to generate dodgy investments and end up in court about companies that you mysteriously resign from right before court action is pursued from investors. Those kind of life skills?
No champ-not those ones. I don't know anything about his business dealings frankly.
Are you spoiling for another blue today mate?

Really, I never would have guessed.
He was good to this club and he is a gentleman...That's my judgement of my personal dealings with him.
why'd you say am I spoiling for another blue? you have your opinion that he's a hero and I don't agree? The small interaction I've had with him he didn't come across real well and i'll leave it at that. the fact you're chasing a blue is your small man problem not mine.

and where did the another come from?

For the record, in my opinion, the right decision was made with Menzies, he was ordinary many times in 2007 and 2008. Thankfully it ended in dream like manner for one of our greatest.

The absolute wrong decision was made with Glenn, who will push hard for an Origin spot again this year, especially if Bird is gone and Choc is at a floundering club. And not offer him a contract because of the likes of Foran and DCE is an absolute insult. Glenn Stewart has two to three very good season in front of him, the same as our halves.

Delmege is 100% correct in what he says on this occaison. Manly is fast becoming basket case like the Dragons and Tigers. Onfield success means nothing, as we discovered in 2011, if the players, staff and supporters aren't happy.

For the record, in my opinion, the right decision was made with Menzies, he was ordinary many times in 2007 and 2008. Thankfully it ended in dream like manner for one of our greatest.

The absolute wrong decision was made with Glenn, who will push hard for an Origin spot again this year, especially if Bird is gone and Choc is at a floundering club. And not offer him a contract because of the likes of Foran and DCE is an absolute insult. Glenn Stewart has two to three very good season in front of him, the same as our halves.

Delmege is 100% correct in what he says on this occaison. Manly is fast becoming basket case like the Dragons and Tigers. Onfield success means nothing, as we discovered in 2011, if the players, staff and supporters aren't happy.

While glenn Stewart was one of my favourite players (old school ball playing backrower), I think his days of playing origin and even a regular first grade spot are over.

I hope he proves me wrong and has a great season with the wabbits(except against us)

Bob agree of we had kept the past ownership structre - onwards and upwards from here

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8