Max Delmege has a swipe

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Lol Lurker

I am a bloke, 187cm and 120kg and ill pm you my address if you would like to visit me on the Gold Coast at your leisure so you can unleash your fury lol...Seriously though,settle down old mate . We all love this club and plenty get passionate. I know I do....simply comes down to respecting other opinions even if they differ from yours. Not an overly difficult concept.
Don't you just laugh at people who quote size and weight to scare people off same goes for big di*ks and promising a good time for the ladies.

It was a joke to make a point, and not remotely threatening TC, as I think even you would realise. And you don't expect us to believe you would be running away from chics that big TC. Any port in a storm for a busy league analyst like yourself,surely:}

Mouthing off ad nauseum about my views and others in an aggressive tone like Lurker is the keyboard version of my size and weight call....just as ridiculous.

As for my views being contradictory Lurker.Couldn't be more wrong.I wanted management to sign them as they are very good players.I have changed my mind as I think they are disrespecting the club and their resigning may not be good for our hard earned culture at this club.Zero contradiction.

Last edited:
Oh ... and Lurker and the many long suffering forum members will be extremely happy that I have taken the same end of summer oath as Mark:}

Will be making the journey south to Slime stadium with my daughter Friday night... should be a great fast opening game for the fans.

It doesn't seem to matter what DCE says, he will cop it. He has won so many games for us. His brilliance has been noticed by every other club and selector.

Foz is such an honest footballer, he hits the line and leaves nothing out there. He brings another dimension and again we are lucky enough to have the "best halves combination in the "NRL"

We all want them signed, but whether we are in 1989 letting Vautin go, or earlier still when we bought legends from Souths, Norths etc none of us said that was disgraceful and now none of us should be so harsh as this circle of life signing/letting go process continues, albeit too slowly for us fans.

These young men are good people, they aren't trying to hurt Manly.

They are like every other person with families, mortgages and I hope that Joe and Scott find the resources or big companies want to embrace their personas for TPAs as they are a credit to us on and off the field.

The Sea Eagles Mentor program was started to help players interact with business leaders, learn key skills to better equip them for the pressures they encounter now, and also for a better life after football.

I hope that this program has made a difference, and continues to give all players wanting to improve some key experienced people in their camp, not just their managers.

Let's face it, there is always going to be some conflict between the club and the players, hopefully we win more than we lose, but money will always be important, and weekend footy at Brooky (thankfully will go on forever) or at least as long as the NRL are reasonable but will certainly go on well beyond this set of players and board.

The club has custodians, but exists for the fans, Go Manly.

I am sure you know whats been going on Dave and have experience in these areas . I was told today that you have sat in the sea eagles board room for the last 3 years taking the minutes. I bet that was a real eye opener.

Yeah, Lovefooty, I was a one eyed eagle when max was coming off the jersey and I introduced a new major sponsor. Became an Alternate Director, then company Secretary....Like you, I'm a fan, always have been.

You can never take away what Max did. No doubt put in more money than any one single person has (not counting buying/selling assets) first as a sponsor and then a shareholder who invested when it was mighty brave to do so. Hasn't had a return for his efforts. I think you have to have a long memory as to why Max is saying these things.

Still, it's not nice to hear anything negative about our club. But think it's simply a personal blue with his former shareholder that drives his anger, nothing to do with "Manly"

Separating "Manly" our club, from the board/shareholders is an important distinction.

We all love "the club" ...shareholders and board members come and go, but footy is the best game ever. Its the players who are etched in our memory like Fulton, Eadie and Randall, Menzies and so many more including our current squad that make the game the greatest of them all.

Yeah, Lovefooty, I was a one eyed eagle when max was coming off the jersey and I introduced a new major sponsor. Became an Alternate Director, then company Secretary....Like you, I'm a fan, always have been.

You can never take away what Max did. No doubt put in more money than any one single person has (not counting buying/selling assets) first as a sponsor and then a shareholder who invested when it was mighty brave to do so. Hasn't had a return for his efforts. I think you have to have a long memory as to why Max is saying these things.

Still, it's not nice to hear anything negative about our club. But think it's simply a personal blue with his former shareholder that drives his anger, nothing to do with "Manly"

Separating "Manly" our club, from the board/shareholders is an important distinction.

We all love "the club" ...shareholders and board members come and go, but footy is the best game ever. Its the players who are etched in our memory like Fulton, Eadie and Randall, Menzies and so many more including our current squad that make the game the greatest of them all.
Damn sure you won't hear the 4 guys you mentioned above slag off our team in any way, shape or form. That is because they are staunch Manly men who love the team and the emblem.

Lol Lurker

I am a bloke, 187cm and 120kg and ill pm you my address if you would like to visit me on the Gold Coast at your leisure so you can unleash your fury lol...Seriously though,settle down old mate . We all love this club and plenty get passionate. I know I do....simply comes down to respecting other opinions even if they differ from yours. Not an overly difficult concept.
You're pretty old now though.

Max has a short memory. I remember when Manly were working to buy Orford, as sponsor he got involved with Michael Monaghan and we ended up having to sign him and Orford. He ended up playing Hooker when we had Ballin waiting in the wings. MM was a 100% trier but once Orford and Ballin were 9 and 7 we won a comp. A few of the coaching staff and management weren't too thrilled with Max's influence then.

Sorry guys, id rather kite, g Stewart and watmough in this team right now than the mercenaries.

Thats just my opinion, so I agree with max. Whichever ****wit on the board put clamps on glenn, should be immediately sacked.

They should have said, let one of the mercs go, and resign these three club legends, who talk so positively about the club at that time.

I see why choc was so pissed off with dce. Dce says hes enjoying the process while all of chocs decade long mates are being displaced

So some players are bigger than the club? The way Watmough has carried on he had to go, if Glenn had that much influence off the field and was only on the field 50% of the time then it was the right call as well

Max has a short memory. I remember when Manly were working to buy Orford, as sponsor he got involved with Michael Monaghan and we ended up having to sign him and Orford. He ended up playing Hooker when we had Ballin waiting in the wings. MM was a 100% trier but once Orford and Ballin were 9 and 7 we won a comp. A few of the coaching staff and management weren't too thrilled with Max's influence then.

We also upgraded from Harris/Bailey/Witt at 5/8 to Lyon which was a bigger improvement in the scheme of things, without a 5/8 we would not have won imo.

Lol Lurker

Lol pretty overweight for 6'2" @:p

Just messing with you.

All the negative crap was getting to me. Sorry I unleashed on you. Just felt like the negative momentum kept building and I just want to see good things regardless of who puts on the jersey. Once they run on I've never been able to tip against them.

I'm an optamist in a cynics body haha

Just saw this post on twitter from Max....

"I'm in Syd this weekend. Wanted to go to game only to be told I no longer get my ticket! I'm not welcome at games anymore @SeaEagles"

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6