Matai injury

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
There is no grey area with this one from the match review. There is either no case to answer or it's a deliberate attempt to injure and is therefore the highest grade charge. Anything less will justb be a blatant cop out to try and massage the vermin through while making an attempt to look authoritarian.

Imanly said:
silvertail said:
10 weeks suspension is warranted. Malicious intent, grubby, low-life tackle.

fair dinkum ?? 10 weeks ?? If he gets 10 weeks then starling will get 20 .

imagesqtbnANd9GcRywEUh61PFa7OKEDu5r.jpg

I'm feeling we won't see him before the finals. That pommy bastard has done a job on him and those f...kwits at the NRL have done f..k all about it.

mickqld said:
I'm feeling we won't see him before the finals. That pommy ... has done a job on him and those f...kwits at the NRL have done f..k all about it.

Well 2 weeks (for Burgess) is better than nothing.

I hope it's no more than that for Skivi too.

Seaeagles website says he will have scans tomorrow morning, no one knows how bad it is. If it is bad, perfect opportunity to replace shoulders with adamantium plates and install a bionic arm.

ando said:
My gut feeling is mattai a lot longer.... Souths are grubs

I agree with your comments. Going to be that much sweeter when we kick them out of the finals series this year or even better beat them in the big one.

Souths are now on par with the storm- 2 of the most grubbiest/ dirty teams going around.

Manly forever!!

If it wasn't bad, we'd know by now. The fact that he needs more scans tells me it could be something serious. Well I guess the fact that he failed to complete the match told us it was something serious; this is Matai we're talking about.

eelcatcher said:
Seaeagles website says he will have scans tomorrow morning, no one knows how bad it is. If it is bad, perfect opportunity to replace shoulders with adamantium plates and install a bionic arm.

Yeao here is the link for anyone interested:

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2014/08/11/injury_update_matai_to_have_more_scans.html

Hopefully the new scans reveal some good news.

Given our position on the ladder its prob best that he gets 3-4 weeks to recover. Want a firing fit skivvy come finals.

On the good news front Gutho looks good to return.

From last season:

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/it-seems-a-pattern-of-brutality-is-emerging-here-mr-maguire-20130821-2sbts.html

From Maguire's time at Wigan:

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2011/apr/22/michael-maguire-wigan-warriors

Another Bellamy, awesome.

eelcatcher said:

We have the technology. We can rebuild him.....

That story in The Guardian makes for interesting reading.

HoldenV8 said:
eelcatcher said:

It makes sickening reading. With tactics like Maguire's, I won't begrudge any team winning if it means Souths lose.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
HoldenV8 said:
eelcatcher said:

It makes sickening reading. With tactics like Maguire's, I won't begrudge any team winning if it means Souths lose.

100% agree with your comments.That article makes me sick just reading it.

Souths would be nothing this year without playing dirty.

Sam Burgess is the worst one of all and the sooner he leaves this game the better.

Sam did run for 200m against us with two line breaks and 31 tackles, i wouldn't mind if some of the Many forwards were coming up with stats like that.

Cliffy4PM said:
Sam did run for 200m against us with two line breaks and 31 tackles, i wouldn't mind if some of the Many forwards were coming up with stats like that.

True.

It isn't really vital to win but I wonder when the last time one of our forwards cracked 200m in a match.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8