Manly Waringah Sea Eagles V Canberra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As you can see guys, Orford's a protected species on this site.  I have said in all my postings re this game that Orford had an excellent first half and an ordinary second and most have agreed with this proposition as did Hasler.  I've also posted that his last three games have been a marked improvement from his earlier efforts.  Unless you say that he's just great all the time and that he's won us all games this season and last on this site, then you're pilloried as someone who has sucked on lemons all your life.  I think all of you Orford disciples should just sit down and view the replays and you would see a few warts in his game.  A captain and chief playmaker should never 'overcook' plays.  Adapt and change to the game that's in front of you is what's required.

There are lot of Orford lovers but it goes the same with other players. It is funny how many people get so upset when people dont share their opinions.

I think orford is good, he is not consistent and like all good halves (not great) can not do it all himself. He needs someone to take some pressure off him and I say fair enough the same goes for most halves out there. Even Johns couldn't do it all on his own.

He was good in the first half, and once Foran went off he started slipping, this shows he needs a genuine 5/8 next to him, not a Lock come 5/8

I completely agree Dan.  You are absolutely right. 
(Read all the posts Kiwi, not just the last one).

The only really bad thing that Orford did is when the Raiders chipped at the end, Orford got back to it and dived, but when he went again, go dragged in goal. He should have just stayed still, or even just a slight crawl forward.

DSM5 link said:
I completely agree Dan.  You are absolutely right. 
(Read all the posts Kiwi, not just the last one).

Been reading the posts all year mate, and with Robertson and Bailey improving and the targets being shifted, nearly every scope has been on Orford since then, hardly what I would call a protected species mate

Imo, people watch games with preconceived views of certain players and can find any way to fit an aspect of any players game into that view, I guess because if you are looking for something like that, you will more likely see it. Matai was a good example, his coming out of the line was his major flaw, and was repeatedly pointed out, but what can be missed in that scenario was the amount he was cutting off compared to what he was missing

DSM5 link said:
As you can see guys, Orford's a protected species on this site.  I have said in all my postings re this game that Orford had an excellent first half and an ordinary second ...
LOL.  DSM look at your previous posting on this thread.  Here it is word-for-word:

"Missing Something stick to your guns.  Orford had an ordinary second half, full stop.  Don't be intimidated by his fan club on this site."

So THAT is the DSM version of saying Orford had an excellent first half is it? Actually I checked all of this game thread and all of the Orford thread and still couldn't find you previously saying there that Orford had an excellent first half.  The words choke in your throat DSM?

Rex, I'll take it from anyone else but you, you pretentious prick.  I have said that Orford had an excellent first half.  Full stop.  Go to the posts on this topic, game etc.  How many times do I have to say it, Orford had an excellent first half.  Don't you understand my quote?  I now take back what I figured about you being one and the same as 'Mark from Brisbane'.  He at least has some thoughts.  You're just dumb.

Late charge.  He skips ahead during Origin, or is that just more lemons speaking?  Ha ha ha.  I guess I should out myself, I'm his no-talented brother.

Dan link said:
There are lot of Orford lovers but it goes the same with other players. It is funny how many people get so upset when people dont share their opinions.

I think orford is good, he is not consistent and like all good halves (not great) can not do it all himself. He needs someone to take some pressure off him and I say fair enough the same goes for most halves out there. Even Johns couldn't do it all on his own.

He was good in the first half, and once Foran went off he started slipping, this shows he needs a genuine 5/8 next to him, not a Lock come 5/8

tbh most of the other halves are not consistant and are up and down like Orford.  The only exception might be Thurston.  I have seen many ordinary games from Cronk, Prince, Wallace, Kimmorley etc.  We just judge him harsher as he is our own and we have a more vested interest in how he performs. 

And no I do not think Orford is as good as Prince or Cronk but they are not light years ahead of him either. 

DSM5 link said:
I just don't take myself as seriously as you do Rex.  Lighten up and you'll last the full 80.

I see.  You believe I take myself seriously, and think I should model myself on you and the way you "lighten up" here.

Did I say you should model yourself on me Rex?  No.  Just learn to read the whole thread and not just the last post. 

I see, DSM, I do.  You want me to hear you didn't mean I should model myself on you.  I hear that.  And you think I'm reading the thread wrong and think I should read it differently to grasp its entire meaning.  Sort of like you do so well, I guess.  Sounds wonderful advice, like your advice that Orford should have kicked the ball shorter in the second half when they were caught in the in-goal.  Like you or I or the ideal half and captain would have done if out there.

And I'm wondering if you could bear with it if I didn't read it like you think I should ... like if I sort of rebelled and chose a different path, incomplete, misguided, serious, maybe even antagonistic to your position, etc?

I'm happy with the lovefest, oh... plus Rex did a post with only one question in it. Makes all our Board problems seem very insignificant if we can take such giant leaps. I am going to sleep well tonight :)

The dialogue is never really about Orford and Manly. Much as it may seem.

Meanwhile in the midst of our preferred game of battle of thought, in every moment, whether or not we notice, our body is being breathed, life tingles in the hands and in every cell, subtle sounds and smells and textures delicately colour the background.  And when we finally do give up our trusted belief-in-these-habitual-thoughts game, and wake up and instead simply notice everything, fresh and new, in the room arises that steely stillness where all is perfect exactly as it is, right now. Freedom on tap.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8