Manly vs Rabbids [Round 22 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Fair due to the vermin, they hammered us.

Our attack was off cause we had no consistent go forward all night, too many errors.

The 2nd try killed us, Buhrer catches the ball and we go close to scoring, then they run 90. It was not to be.

Now the vermin will win the comp in every ones eyes.

We need to re group and get back on track.

Hopefully skivvy is ok. The vermin player who tackled him needs to be under scrutiny if starling is on report for his tackle.

I've never seen Jamie so rattled by niggle. Was it Keary? JSL was furious too. Think there must have been a lot of niggle.

A loss was always a big chance tonight, and it was always going to be tough once Matai went off. We needed a loss before the finals imo, now we need to win our remaining games and charge into the finals full of momentum. The best thing is all the pressure is off us now, all the pressure will be put on the Rabbits and they will crumble in the finals like every year.

The loss isn't so bad. Another try or two would have been good but not to be.
Plenty of video footage for Toovey to review and correct for the finals.
Sounds like Snake was fantastic in defence.

HappilyManly said:
Last year they beat us big time - then the Finals came - so nothing to worry about.

The Media have their darlings, so all the focus is on them - UNDER THE RADAR :p

Choc was awesome tonight. But having all 3 of our playmakers crowding each other on the RHS was dumb :cool:

Sending the love to Matai :heart: Please just let it be pinched nerves :angel:
Nothing to worry about in terms of the time of year and having a loss but the pattern of losing against bigger more aggressive sides is a major worry.

We lack line bending straight hard runners in the forwards and aggression in defence.

Relying on ball movement and outside backs as our go forward areas has it's pluses and is Manly's trademark but the lack of line bending penetration through the middle will eventually put too much pressure on our halves causing them to put on plays that are not on.

Souffs fans are scum, hold on to anything resembling a victory. I'm not scared of them if we have to play them again. I'm more scared of getting a gumming from one of their fans sans teef.

Tonight was probably their greatest win since... the last time they had a gf win at the scg.

Technical Coach said:
HappilyManly said:
Last year they beat us big time - then the Finals came - so nothing to worry about.

Choc was awesome tonight. But having all 3 of our playmakers crowding each other on the RHS was dumb :cool:

Nothing to worry about in terms of the time of year and having a loss but the pattern of losing against bigger more aggressive sides is a major worry.

We lack line bending straight hard runners in the forwards and aggression in defence.

Relying on ball movement and outside backs as our go forward areas has it's pluses and is Manly's trademark but the lack of line bending penetration through the middle will eventually put too much pressure on our halves causing them to put on plays that are not on.

Welcome back - haven't seen you on a game day thread since our last loss against the Bulldogs

Brissie Kid said:
What a rort tonight has been. Matai has his shoulder deliberately ripped out and no one in charge give a toss.

Are chicken wings put on report and if so, was that burgarse reported? Can't stand vermin.

Let's hope Souffs are stupid enough to put Sutton back in their side. I suppose we don't have to hope. They are stupid.

voicefromthehill said:
Technical Coach said:
HappilyManly said:

Welcome back - haven't seen you on a game day thread since our last loss against the Bulldogs

Well when I do state my opinions during a win I come across as a killjoy so I can't win.

I've stated after many wins this year I don't feel our forward pack is going as well as people make out.

voicefromthehill said:
RiverEagle said:
voicefromthehill said:
Killer is angry tonight!

Not angry enough.

Nor our pigs.

Turning point as clear as day TRed taking that wrong option. Ferris and Hiku unmarked inside...would've been 12-10 and game on.

This is the loss you blokes wanted so much.

Harsh call - Matai intentionally maimed, TRed steps into position that wasn't in training run.

I just meant to draw and pass was the best option brother, not take Inglis on.

I reckon Tom would say the same on review, but it was a split-second thing. Score then and it's 12-10 as I said, and Souths would've been under pressure, not have all the little things swing their way.

They did out-enthuse us tonight, but it ain't the Grand Final, not even a final, and we'll be back.

I don't agree we needed a loss but we've got it now.

Really hope Skivy is OK (that was a disgrace!)

Brissie Kid said:
How is it crowding when Souths players walk forward off the mark all night?

They need to do away with the concept of just going back to play the ball if you walk off the mark! Burgess brothers, Inglis etc make 10% of their yards after they're tackled! Stand your mark you get penalised. Makes players like Luke and Friend look better than they are.

Firstly i cant believe the hate by ALL commentators against us...

They had a GREAT game probably their best just like when the storm played them earlier this year and smashed them..

we played averaged , loosing Matai so early didnt help.

- At 6-4 we drop the ball , 90% Jamie scores , then they score from that play
- At 12-4 Symonds passes the ball early , we score 12-10
- At 12-4 Souths get that penalty for that invisible crusher on the 4th tackle , then they score from that.

They did play better than us ( dropping the ball in crucial field position doesnt help ) , and it was close for 65mins.

I hate loosing , but we didnt deserve win.We have played very hard & well recently so having an average game isnt surprising.

we will make top 4 and as everyone knows , semi final footy is different ball game..

Hopefully Matai will be ok , and that tackle needs to be looked at...

If Matai stayed down we probably get a penalty , that little mouse stayed down for a ???????? and got a penalty which gave them a try in the next set of 6.

P.s - I could swear i saw many forward passes tonight from the bunnies and how many got called back ??? ZERO !!

Technical Coach said:
voicefromthehill said:
Technical Coach said:
HappilyManly said:

Well when I do state my opinions during a win I come across as a killjoy so I can't win.

I've stated after many wins this year I don't feel our forward pack is going as well as people make out.

I have noticed you are quick to criticize , we are still coming 1st and have beaten teams that the bunnies have lost too..

im sure its not all that bad.

Mal Cochrane said:
Technical Coach said:
KOMORI said:
Loss we actually needed?

No a loss that was always going to happen.

why was that?

Honestly I think we needed a wake up call.

We've been winning ugly for a little while: I can't recall a performance this year of 80 good minutes. We've been clocking off early after great starts, relying on our line defense too much to win games and rarely completely dominating any team.

I think this loss will be of huge benefit to the team. They'll learn more from this loss than they could've if they'd won. I expect to see a huge attitude improvement that'll carry us to the GF and the trophy.

However.... How on God's green earth did the pink idiots MISS Skivvy's arm nearly getting pulled off? Blatant piece of foul play: they pinned his body and then forced his arm backwards over the other player, effectively hyper extending it. There's got to be something done... But of course, NOTHING will be done.

I hope Skivvy is ok but I can't see how: if it didn't dislocate he'll have damaged stuff in there :(

Technical Coach said:
voicefromthehill said:
Technical Coach said:
HappilyManly said:

Fair enough T.C. I could not believe the difference between our packs dominant performance against the rabbits when we played them in round one and the way they were dominated tonight .
That was a complete turnaround .
Maybe they wanted the win more than us tonight

None of us should be surprised. If ever a game had the feeling of a total stitch up it was this one. One sided refereeing doesn't come close to describing that and before anyone argues about sour grapes and we didn't deserve it, in this game at the top momentum is everything. At 4-0 momentum was taken away for the rest of the game. The lattitude allowed to the vermin bordered on criminal.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8