Game Day: Manly v Wests Tigers [Round 2, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Brayden was just on Fox and asked what it will feel like to sing the Team song after his first victory?
He seems excited and said he didn't know but hopefully he will this round :)

Matai said that Taupau has been very quiet this week “I hope it's the calm before the storm“ :D

One things for certain , every loss we have , without a win will see the pressure mounting on the new coach.

If TB thought it was bad on Friday night, another flogging on Monday will raise the stakes even higher.

And the draw doesn't get any easier, with the Sharks, Roosters & Rabbits to follow.

We could very easily be 0/4, although I predict 1/4.

I'm pleased I'm an armchair expert and not a coach .
I desperately hope I'm wrong, but I see 0-7. First win will be against Newcastle unless TB gets someone to select the team for him.

I desperately hope I'm wrong, but I see 0-7. First win will be against Newcastle unless TB gets someone to select the team for him.

He's favoring his buddies from The Panthers / Dragons over proven players.

It's almost idiocy to have Mateo, Symonds and Leary in NSW Cup.

× Koroisou is grossly under done and soft.
x Green doesn't add enough impact to play anywhere apart from the backline.
x Brown is not a starting player. Utility off the bench at best.

As I say, Green to wing, get rid of hands for feet, feet for hands Wiliame.

God, bring on Brett Stewart, Feleti Mateo, Jamie Buhrer, Darcy Lussick, and play NSW Cup players like Green, Koroisou and Vave in NSW Cup. It's not that hard.

I thought Barrett was supposed to be the thinking mans coach. Favoring his buddies from Penrith and The Dragons and NSW Cup won't achieve success.

'someone' aka Ralphie?
You called the loss last week so credit where due but I'm not convinced the selections were the reason, let's see how it pans out over time.

Brayden was just on Fox and asked what it will feel like to sing the Team song after his first victory?
He seems excited and said he didn't know but hopefully he will this round :)

Matai said that Taupau has been very quiet this week “I hope it's the calm before the storm“ :D
Tapau seems like a pretty serious customer. I'd be very surprised if he performed like his countryman SKD and was out on he razz after a loss (maybe celebrating the court win though).

I believe that honour is still held by our erstwhile PM.
Spot on feathered friend !!!
images1ZEI7V6T.jpg

He's favoring his buddies from The Panthers / Dragons over proven players.

It's almost idiocy to have Mateo, Symonds and Leary in NSW Cup.

× Koroisou is grossly under done and soft.
x Green doesn't add enough impact to play anywhere apart from the backline.
x Brown is not a starting player. Utility off the bench at best.

As I say, Green to wing, get rid of hands for feet, feet for hands Wiliame.

God, bring on Brett Stewart, Feleti Mateo, Jamie Buhrer, Darcy Lussick, and play NSW Cup players like Green, Koroisou and Vave in NSW Cup. It's not that hard.

I thought Barrett was supposed to be the thinking mans coach. Favoring his buddies from Penrith and The Dragons and NSW Cup won't achieve success.

I still wonder how Barrett could realistically give a starting spot to Brown and Koroisau when they were both recovering from surgery (in Api's case also personal issues) and didn't play in the pre-season at all. Same with Green, Centre turned Backrower playing in Round 1 against the biggest pack in the comp.

If there were any players that needed to be in NSW Cup Rd 1 it was those guys and possibly Walker for John, i know that may be unpopular but Walker came in late during pre-season and is transitioning from a centre to a half role isn't easy.

Leary being dropped is mind boggling based on his enthusiasm when he came on.

Hopefully in a few weeks the team picks itself and even though i like the look of the team better this week, Green still on the bench as an interchange is hard to understand.

Ralphie calls a loss every week he was bound to get it right eventually !
I admit I'm a pessimist to avoid disappointment, but I genuinely believe we are in serious trouble with this coach.

Maybe it's time to start a campaign to recruit former Manly player Ivan Cleary.

I still wonder how Barrett could realistically give a starting spot to Brown and Koroisau when they were both recovering from surgery (in Api's case also personal issues) and didn't play in the pre-season at all. Same with Green, Centre turned Backrower playing in Round 1 against the biggest pack in the comp.

If there were any players that needed to be in NSW Cup Rd 1 it was those guys and possibly Walker for John, i know that may be unpopular but Walker came in late during pre-season and is transitioning from a centre to a half role isn't easy.

Leary being dropped is mind boggling based on his enthusiasm when he came on.

Hopefully in a few weeks the team picks itself and even though i like the look of the team better this week, Green still on the bench as an interchange is hard to understand.
Agreed. But the NSW Cup, which looked strong on paper, also got flogged.

I agree i was shocked about how the NSW Cup team went. All i was saying was that players coming back from surgery, not match fit etc should play NSW cup before getting the nod in NRL.

10 MAR 2016 - 3:06PM
Symonds considering NRL options

Manly back-rower Tom Symonds has attracted the interest of up to four rival clubs after missing selection for the opening two rounds of the NRL season.
Source:
AAP
10 MAR 2016 - 1:59 PM UPDATED 16 MINS AGO
Manly's Tom Symonds could be in line for an early-season transfer, with Melbourne among up to four rival NRL clubs expressing interest in the back-rower.

Symonds, who is off contract at the end of the season, has been relegated to reserve grade by new Sea Eagles coach Trent Barrett for the opening two rounds of the season.

Craig Bellamy is one of those keen on Symonds, while the versatile forward's manager Gavin Orr has been contacted by a number of clubs keen to land his client's services this year.

"He's not as happy as he probably should be," Orr told AAP on Thursday.

"Clubs are sounding him out because they can see he started in reserve grade and they're asking why the bloody hell that is."

Orr said Symonds was keeping a close watch on the situation.

"He wants to know everything that is going on around him," the manager said.

"It's up to him if he wants to dig deep and get back into the starting team for Manly ... or have a look elsewhere and see what other options there are for him."

Bellamy welcomed the news on Wednesday that Symonds could be on the open market before the June 30 deadline.

"I think he's a really handy player," said the Storm coach.

"He can play a few positions, very versatile, and he always does a good job.

"We might have a look at that."

Symonds was overlooked for a bench spot in last week's opening-round loss to Canterbury and hasn't been named in the 17 for Monday's clash with the Wests Tigers.

Barrett made a number of changes, including dropping back-rower Blake Leary to reserve grade and relegating second-rower Nathan Green to the bench.

However he has also shifted Jake Trbojevic to lock and elevated prop Brenton Lawrence from reserve grade, meaning there was again no room for the Sydney Rooster junior.

Symonds could also be a perfect fit for clubs such as South Sydney, Parramatta, the Roosters and Warriors who have long-term injury issues in the back row.

One of Manly's most reliable players in 2015, Symonds impressed in 20 appearances despite often being shifted to the backs mid-match as cover in the injury-plagued team.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8