Game Day: Manly v Wests Tigers [Round 2, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
sheesh
That wasn't great to watch.

S'funny....
A tiger's player grabs a manly player's arm in the play the ball....every single other time I've ever seen this it's a penalty, penenara (sp) lets it go.

Green knocks the ball back, parcel picks it up and scores, penenara pulls up a knock on...no checking.

Lyon decides to grubber kick with a two on one...brain fart

coulda shoulda woulda maybe didn't but

I dunno...if I was an opposition coach with speedy centres I'd just tell them to run at Jaime. He'll either come way way way way inside giving you a two on one, or just run around him.

A great, but alas ageing warrior.

I'm not sure Myles little skip before the line is as effective as Lawrence's barging though.

A Manly work in progress, sure. a lot less dropped balls 'n mistakes from last week but every one has to fire at once. And what to do about lyon? I reckon he's great but how many more years can we have him do what he does defensively. He has his apple fanboy like followers though so prob nuttin.

Correct me if I'm wrong HM, but am I reading just one player out of both sides who played tonight didn't make one tackle the whole game!!!
I took it off the nrl.com site.
Looks like Taufua is the only player that forgot to tackle :cool: His lack of involvement has always concerned me, as he is such a strong guy that tackling should be easy :mad:

Coach is on record as saying that performance is what picks the Team, no one is an automatic selection @:cool:

How many offloads did we manage?
I can remember two from Lawrence - both of which led to tries.
I think we "did a Parramatta" buying Myles. He's no more effective for us than Whatnow for the Eeels.
I think we must reinstate Potato, for his creativity, and T-Red. Relegate Green, Vave, Api and (not that this will happen) Myles.
The backs are not as easy to replace as there are no standouts in the NSW Cup. We just have to hope that Cherry, Jamie and Steve regain their form.

Leg speed

Only two Manly players had leg speed. LAWRENCE and Tapau every 3rd run.

Dogs and Tigers had many players with leg speed and that put us on the back foot over and over.
Yep. Our fowards just stroll to the line. Tigers were running full telt

Biggest concern is we have spent a fortune on myles api green brown lussick and they are avg players. Our 2 biggest issues last year were fowards not being able to roll over the advantage line and outside backs leaking defense. Same problems this year and dont think we have the coach or personal to fix it? Add the loss of a genuine five eighth and DCE terribly out of form and not being coached well. Also picking sub par players. Our 2 usually reliable centres are now a liability in defense. Don't know how we fix this?

Is this becoming a case of a coach who can talk the talk but cant walk the...well you know the rest. There seems to be no passion and that's a coach's job

Is this becoming a case of a coach who can talk the talk but cant walk the...well you know the rest. There seems to be no passion and that's a coach's job
I agree with this. Even in the presser Baz is emotionless. He even states - this will keep happening - instead of a fierce determination to reverse the issues.
He's laid back. He's casual. Is he trying to be their mate?
I'm prepared to give this guy a go for a little while but it's almost like he's fence sitting between player relationships and the coaching role.
We don't care how nice you are Baz. Fire up lead these men with authority. That's your job!
Come on Baz Zoolander, forget the hair gel and find your Maroon and White Steel.

Announcement - due to constant successions of disappointment since late 2011, I'm done. I'm quitting football.

Announcement 2 - I'm lying. Go Manly!

Missed tackles is the damning stat and highlights Myles (with 6) current poor form and Walker (also 6) being played out of position. Kudos to Jakey and BJ - they really stood up and showed the true Manly spirit.

On another note, $57 GA entrance fee for me and my 6 year old! What a rip off, and worse was to come with no ATM or EFTPOS in the ground, which meant a 'dry' night, watching us get flogged!

Missed tackles is the damning stat and highlights Myles (with 6) current poor form and Walker (also 6) being played out of position. Kudos to Jakey and BJ - they really stood up and showed the true Manly spirit.

On another note, $57 GA entrance fee for me and my 6 year old! What a rip off, and worse was to come with no ATM or EFTPOS in the ground, which meant a 'dry' night, watching us get flogged!
$57? At that ****parlour? That is highway robbery.

lol

Don't become a (ice) hockey fan then if you think that's too much.

JUST SAYIN'

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7