Game Day: Manly v Warriors [Round 25, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...r/news-story/35f28d498929d297d5dc579bf41961ea

FOX Sports expert NRL commentator Greg Alexander says Daly Cherry-Evans match winning golden point field goal for the Sea Eagles in Sunday’s 22-21 win over the Warriors could have been the best he has seen.

The former NRL star said while the Manly captain has booted left-footed field goals previously, he was kicking into a howling gale at Mt Smart Stadium to secure his side a vital won and sees them hold onto eighth spot.

“When both sides passed the ball it would move in the air dramatically, ” Alexander said.

“The difficult thing about that was dropping the ball and keeping it steady so to get the ball onto the ground on it’s point was just a skill in itself.

3933a291b1020dd51ddd7bc41ca01e90

Daly Cherry-Evans in action against the Warriors on Sunday, Picture: AAP..
“It was just extraordinary.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...r/news-story/35f28d498929d297d5dc579bf41961ea

FOX Sports expert NRL commentator Greg Alexander says Daly Cherry-Evans match winning golden point field goal for the Sea Eagles in Sunday’s 22-21 win over the Warriors could have been the best he has seen.

The former NRL star said while the Manly captain has booted left-footed field goals previously, he was kicking into a howling gale at Mt Smart Stadium to secure his side a vital won and sees them hold onto eighth spot.

“When both sides passed the ball it would move in the air dramatically, ” Alexander said.

“The difficult thing about that was dropping the ball and keeping it steady so to get the ball onto the ground on it’s point was just a skill in itself.

3933a291b1020dd51ddd7bc41ca01e90

Daly Cherry-Evans in action against the Warriors on Sunday, Picture: AAP..
“It was just extraordinary.”
Phenomenal Kick !!!
*strong whirling windy conditions
*Had to revert to a left foot kick as the defenders came charging up to him
*Pressure was immense
*Mission accomplished by the Million dollar man !!!
australia_money-590x332.jpg

I watched the match at the Pittwater RSL and it seemed that I was the only one interested. There were hundreds of people watching the fight, which was on all but two of the 20-odd screens in the club. The other screen was showing racing for the punters. So, I had no sound and had to put up with boofheads standing in front of me thinking they were pugalists.
It did reinforce something to me: in the heart of Manly Warringah very few people care about our rugby league team. When a local club has its largest crowd ever to watch a fight - rather than a must-win Manly match - then our sport is losing its appeal.
I'd given up with five minutes to go. My gut churned like it did two weeks ago when the Tigers snatched a late victory. But then our Worriers hoodoo worked again. It was a wonderful feeling.
From what I could see of the fight it looked ordinary. I couldn't believe the hype or interest.

Interesting you say this as I found myself in the heart of westieland in one of the biggest leagues clubs in the country and the joint was packed to watch the fight. Once it was done (and wow what a rubbish fight) everybody left. No interest in the Manly game nor the St George V Riff game (which I thought might get some interest). NRL is dying (or dead).

Don't think there has ever been a 'sporting' event I've been less interesting in that the Mayweather v McGregor rubbish, thank god it's over and done with now

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8