Game Day: Manly v Warriors [Round 25, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

773.gif~c200

I had my grandson and his old man come around to see me. The grandson is half Maori and a Warriors supporter, his dad is full Maori and a Manly supporter. At half time the young bloke was saying don't worry Gramps it's only football lol.
how was he after full time? :giggle:

Now that I have had time to digest the game, I can say a few things now that I have calmed down. Talk about a rollercoaster game and performance. You felt at times today that Manly did everything they could to butcher this game. The inexperience in our team and lack of confidence at times really showed and objectively if Foran and Johnson were 100 percent we would most likely have not won today.

It is frustrating to see the same errors blight the performance, our left edge defense has no confidence. Wright does not trust Kelly and they continue to be out flanked and leak the most simple tries. Matt Wright is not a long term option there and I think we are really seeing how much we have missed the runs of Jorge. The team looks a bit anemic at times and the aggression and passion that has been there all season is so on and off now.

What I did like is how Tommy Turbo after a pretty ordinary half to be truthful lifted and showed his undeniable quality by getting the game by the scruff of the neck when we were gone at 14-21 with 5 to go, that takes special qualities to be able to do that and he is a going to be a star for our club for years to come.

Today ranks as one of the most stressful games I have watched in a long time and you keep telling yourself that this is a young team and it will be a rocks and diamonds performance that you should expect. I liked that they fought their way out of this adversity, I liked that in the last 20 minutes, young Brian Kelly made some decisions in defense which will give him confidence. DCE made up for a horror game tactically with the two clutch field goals and that was pleasing.

It was a character building win on the back of a lot of self-inflicted adversity. These lessons are vital moving forward and now we have a chance to earn a finals spot on what will be a very emotional night next Saturday where we farewell Snake, Matty B and hopefully Skivvy. Today did zilch for my pulse rate but as a long term fan, you know you have seen this all before but it still grabs your heart. I was at Ryde Eastwood leagues club with a handful of fans watching this game and I felt so drained at full time.

It starts all again next week. let's fill Brookvale and give the boys the support they need!!

Somehow found enough character and will to eventually find a way to win and when the game seemed gone, so that has to be a real positive and to instill some additional confidence for the side going forward. Outside defence still needs a better communication effort and not too sure about Siro "s availability but definitely have to utilize the second row attack more effectively . Just crucial that D C E and Tom were able to shrug off some ordinary play and show what winners that they can be and when it really does count , and of course A P I was great again . Anyway of course a test of any Manly supporters emotions this afternoon with the way the game fluctuated , for me [ and even though i am not a noted swearer ], a quite Thank F. .k For That expression after full time , a real sense of relief and then a good chuckle . Manly "s finals chances are still very much alive and that is what really mattered at the end .

Now that I have had time to digest the game, I can say a few things now that I have calmed down. Talk about a rollercoaster game and performance. You felt at times today that Manly did everything they could to butcher this game. The inexperience in our team and lack of confidence at times really showed and objectively if Foran and Johnson were 100 percent we would most likely have not won today.

It is frustrating to see the same errors blight the performance, our left edge defense has no confidence. Wright does not trust Kelly and they continue to be out flanked and leak the most simple tries. Matt Wright is not a long term option there and I think we are really seeing how much we have missed the runs of Jorge. The team looks a bit anemic at times and the aggression and passion that has been there all season is so on and off now.

What I did like is how Tommy Turbo after a pretty ordinary half to be truthful lifted and showed his undeniable quality by getting the game by the scruff of the neck when we were gone at 14-21 with 5 to go, that takes special qualities to be able to do that and he is a going to be a star for our club for years to come.

Today ranks as one of the most stressful games I have watched in a long time and you keep telling yourself that this is a young team and it will be a rocks and diamonds performance that you should expect. I liked that they fought their way out of this adversity, I liked that in the last 20 minutes, young Brian Kelly made some decisions in defense which will give him confidence. DCE made up for a horror game tactically with the two clutch field goals and that was pleasing.

It was a character building win on the back of a lot of self-inflicted adversity. These lessons are vital moving forward and now we have a chance to earn a finals spot on what will be a very emotional night next Saturday where we farewell Snake, Matty B and hopefully Skivvy. Today did zilch for my pulse rate but as a long term fan, you know you have seen this all before but it still grabs your heart. I was at Ryde Eastwood leagues club with a handful of fans watching this game and I felt so drained at full time.

It starts all again next week. let's fill Brookvale and give the boys the support they need!!
Frustrated, angry excited and over the moon all in those last 10 mins.

Still please tom who is still a rookie full back stepped up in those 5 mins along with the captain. They took the game by the scruff of the next and stepped up when it matter. Kelly will also get big confidence from that win

As the papers say... that win finally put an end to the raiders season. thinking back to our games v the raiders this year...I'm happy that this was the case!!

I watched the match at the Pittwater RSL and it seemed that I was the only one interested. There were hundreds of people watching the fight, which was on all but two of the 20-odd screens in the club. The other screen was showing racing for the punters. So, I had no sound and had to put up with boofheads standing in front of me thinking they were pugalists.
It did reinforce something to me: in the heart of Manly Warringah very few people care about our rugby league team. When a local club has its largest crowd ever to watch a fight - rather than a must-win Manly match - then our sport is losing its appeal.
I'd given up with five minutes to go. My gut churned like it did two weeks ago when the Tigers snatched a late victory. But then our Worriers hoodoo worked again. It was a wonderful feeling.
From what I could see of the fight it looked ordinary. I couldn't believe the hype or interest.

In the first half, Warriors Charlie Gubb was running the ball up & the NZ commentator says,
"C'mon Charlie!"
Must've had a bet on?

Also, when Fusitua scored by grounding the ball with his left hand off a kick, the commentator said, "...and you've got to remember David Fusitua is actually right handed."
What dexterous skills he has.

Also, when Fusitua scored by grounding the ball with his left hand off a kick, the commentator said, "...and you've got to remember David Fusitua is actually right handed."
What dexterous skills he has.
You know what? I had forgotten that he was right handed, so I am grateful for the reminder. Amazing skill to be able to utilise his left hand. Wow!!

I wonder if he can kick a field goal with his left foot.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8