Game Day: Manly v Warriors [Round 25, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I'm not going to bag DCE, 23 tackles is more work than Lane and Winterstein combined and more than Kelly has made all year. I honestly don't think we can improve unless there are significant changes to the roster.
Yeah, Cherry's not right - whether it's injury/illness or just poor form - but at least he's making tackles.

Guys, the only disappointing thing thus far is the left edge defence.. again, all tries for nz have come on that edge whereas our right edge defence has been unbreakable so far

If that edge can just stop backpeddling our defence (as a whole team) will return

Must have the wrong game on here, game im watching is 8-8 at the moment with 40mins to go after spending the final 15mins without any pill after a Tommy Trerrorvic special turned momentum around. Not playing fantastic but not playing complete rubbish either

If anyone's actually been watching the Warriors lately, they'll know that they have been competing in every game for 60mins then the other team runs them over in the final 20. Won't say I'm confident we will run over them easily from here but if the possession evens out we will be a good chance, conditions aren't really there for free flowing footy so forwards need to roll the sleeves up and wait for an error or penalty and make them pay

I think we might still play the finals as I dont see St George beating the Panfers, but if we do we will only be Cannon Fodder!

It's wet conditions so we can't expect plenty of points although I reckon we can get the win today, and bring a little form (and enthusiasm) into our clash against Penrith, massive half to come

I never thought id say this , but im worried. Johnson will pin us down with the breeze. We can do it but will take a big effort.

Warriors, can't buy a win
Dogs, can't buy a win
Tigers, can't buy a win
Dragons, can't buy a win

Don't need to, just play Manly.
Win 3 of those and well in the top 4.

Played well for most of the season but fell into a heap.
Won't beat the Panthers, Saints will jump ahead of us on for and against

Guys, the only disappointing thing thus far is the left edge defence.. again, all tries for nz have come on that edge whereas our right edge defence has been unbreakable so far

If that edge can just stop backpeddling our defence (as a whole team) will return
Honestly, I think the only way for us to get our confidence back in defence is not to fore ourselves to do so much of it. We need to dominate possession. Teams can't score points against us if we hold onto the ball. Fingers crossed.

I am now of the view that Tom doesn't have the footy brains for fullback. I'd put him in the centres and recruit a fullback that can also organise the defence.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10