Game Day: Manly v Warriors [Round 19, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Chez_FG.JPG

I was shaking with rage when Johnson was about to kick, then I started to cry when Jake charged it down.

He is a legend and exemplifies the Manly spirit....! The will to win was evident and he just read the play brilliantly, I have no doubt he was gassed as he had put in 110% all game but he kept going and put on a match winning charge down. I knew from then it was on for us. :clap:

Jake you are awesome and thank you for giving your all.......! :)
I have to confess I turned the App off for a millisecond when the warriors were pushing up for the field goal - I was so nervous. Then I reminded myself that I never desert Manly. Turned it back on to see Jake's charge down, the team effort to get down the field and DCE's golden moment.
Great win. I loved it.

I just hope Trent tears Leary a new one for that stupid penalty that levelled it up. I really think we would've held em out there. He should be made to sing the song made famous by his uncle Dennis " I'm an asshole".

From supposedly 10 metres back, in the wet, there is no way that they should be in front of where the ball was played unless they were offside to begin with. The Warriors defenders in this shot have made up about 12 metres in the time it takes for the ball to reach DCE. And it was a fairly sharp pass from Api.

Usain Bolt couldn't have got there that fast on a dry track.

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/five-...d=754254458654109696&adbpl=tw&adbpr=197319848

Five things we learned from Sea Eagles v Warriors
By Martin Lenehan
July 16, 2016

THE Sea Eagles overcame atrocious conditions in Perth to produce one of their best efforts of 2016 to beat the Warriors 15-14. Here’s the 5 things RLW learned:

1. Manly may have had a disappointing season but they are coming home strong.
The Sea Eagles were coming off a big win over the Dragons and backed that up with a gutsy golden point win over a desperate Warriors outfit. Manly were a perfect 18 from 18 sets in the first half and then tackled themselves to a standstill after the break as the Warriors came at them hard. Trent Barrett has plenty to work with in 2017.

2. The Trbojevic boys will be at the heart of a Manly revival.
Just how good are these two boys? Fullback Tom and back-rower Jake are absolute superstars of the future and will one day play Origin together for the Blues. Tom has electric speed and carved up the Warriors for Manly’s first try. Jake is one of the game’s best defenders and produced the match-winning play when he charged down a Shaun Johnson field goal attempt in the 84th minute and dived on the loose ball to give Manly field position for DCE’s winner.

3. Tui Lolohea must be well and truly offside with coach McFadden.
How on earth can the Warriors coach explain the fact that one of his most dynamic players sat on the bench for the entire game and only got on the paddock in extra time? What a complete waste of a player who can break a game open with his speed and power. Maybe Tui just doesn’t like playing in the rain!

4. The Warriors will be sick of golden point games.
After losing a heartbreaker to the table-topping Sharks three weeks ago, the Warriors again came up empty in the lottery that is golden point. After wasting several golden chances in the second half they managed to draw level thanks to an Issac Luke penalty goal in the 75th minute but once again it wasn’t the Warriors’ night as Trbojevic’s chargedown and DCE’s cool finish put a halt to a charge that had seen them win four of their past five matches.

5. Brad Parker won’t forget his debut in a hurry.
The young Manly winger had some hairy moments in the trying conditions but when his team needed him to stand up in defence and bring down a rampaging Beast he did the job magnificently. Parker did not take a backward step up against Manu Vatuvei and he’ll have fond memories of his front-on tackle which cut the big man down in the second half. And a big rap, too, for another youngster – Bunty Afoa was elevated to the starling side for the first time for the Warriors and produced two barnstorming tries on the right edge as his team fought back from 12-0 down to draw level after 30 minutes.

Sea Eagles 15 (T.Trbojevic, Taufua tries; Lyon 3 goals; Cherry-Evans field goal) beat Warriors 14 (Afoa 2 tries; Luke 3 goals).

Gusty gusty win. Warriors played well people need to get a grip.
Nathan green I like him tough runs hard.
The brothers wow extension now please
Best win in 2 years and some are complaining!
For the 2nd week in a row it looks like the entire team is playing for one another.......kept the Warriors scoreless in the 2nd half with great last ditch defence......what has changed from 3 weeks ago.....wait don't tell me, thank whoever that the correct decision was made!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8