Game Day: Manly v Warriors [Round 19, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I simply cannot understand a fan whinging about that effort. All we can expect as fans each week is full commitment to the jersey for 80 minutes and we got that from each and every player tonight. From Jake and Api hitting above their weight in defence to young Parker putting his body on the line... It was 100 per cent comittment across the park.

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/five-...d=754254458654109696&adbpl=tw&adbpr=197319848

Five things we learned from Sea Eagles v Warriors
By Martin Lenehan
July 16, 2016

THE Sea Eagles overcame atrocious conditions in Perth to produce one of their best efforts of 2016 to beat the Warriors 15-14. Here’s the 5 things RLW learned:

1. Manly may have had a disappointing season but they are coming home strong.
The Sea Eagles were coming off a big win over the Dragons and backed that up with a gutsy golden point win over a desperate Warriors outfit. Manly were a perfect 18 from 18 sets in the first half and then tackled themselves to a standstill after the break as the Warriors came at them hard. Trent Barrett has plenty to work with in 2017.

2. The Trbojevic boys will be at the heart of a Manly revival.
Just how good are these two boys? Fullback Tom and back-rower Jake are absolute superstars of the future and will one day play Origin together for the Blues. Tom has electric speed and carved up the Warriors for Manly’s first try. Jake is one of the game’s best defenders and produced the match-winning play when he charged down a Shaun Johnson field goal attempt in the 84th minute and dived on the loose ball to give Manly field position for DCE’s winner.

3. Tui Lolohea must be well and truly offside with coach McFadden.
How on earth can the Warriors coach explain the fact that one of his most dynamic players sat on the bench for the entire game and only got on the paddock in extra time? What a complete waste of a player who can break a game open with his speed and power. Maybe Tui just doesn’t like playing in the rain!

4. The Warriors will be sick of golden point games.
After losing a heartbreaker to the table-topping Sharks three weeks ago, the Warriors again came up empty in the lottery that is golden point. After wasting several golden chances in the second half they managed to draw level thanks to an Issac Luke penalty goal in the 75th minute but once again it wasn’t the Warriors’ night as Trbojevic’s chargedown and DCE’s cool finish put a halt to a charge that had seen them win four of their past five matches.

5. Brad Parker won’t forget his debut in a hurry.
The young Manly winger had some hairy moments in the trying conditions but when his team needed him to stand up in defence and bring down a rampaging Beast he did the job magnificently. Parker did not take a backward step up against Manu Vatuvei and he’ll have fond memories of his front-on tackle which cut the big man down in the second half. And a big rap, too, for another youngster – Bunty Afoa was elevated to the starling side for the first time for the Warriors and produced two barnstorming tries on the right edge as his team fought back from 12-0 down to draw level after 30 minutes.

Sea Eagles 15 (T.Trbojevic, Taufua tries; Lyon 3 goals; Cherry-Evans field goal) beat Warriors 14 (Afoa 2 tries; Luke 3 goals).
We should buy lolahea

That was a great win.

Not perfect, but plenty to like about it.

Jake and Tom are just special players. Lock these two up long term.

Brad Parker was impressive on debut and will only get better. The conditions weren't conducive to him displaying any attacking flair but he did what he had to do well.

I've never seen Darcy play so well. He's been impressive the last month.

Killer looks a lot more comfortable at 6. He's really helping DCE.

On to Souffs next week.

DCE kicked his 11th career FG for Manly. This moves him to equal 4th all time at the club level with Matthew Ridge who also kicked 11 for us. I doubt he'll catch Bozo (57) or Dennis Ward (30) before his career is done, though he might have a chance of catching Bob Batty (18).

For what it's worth if we don't have DCE we don't have this team. It's built around the player's respect for what he brings and I'm sure many have signed because he's here. He's not going to win us every game but he will be one who is hurting if the camera pans on him after a loss, no smiles and jokes with opposition players from him. I'm sure that when the tally is counted he won't have let us down.

DCE kicked his 11th career FG for Manly. This moves him to equal 4th all time at the club level with Matthew Ridge who also kicked 11 for us. I doubt he'll catch Bozo (57) or Dennis Ward (30) before his career is done, though he might have a chance of catching Bob Batty (18).
And field goals were worth 2 points when most of those players scored them.

I simply cannot understand a fan whinging about that effort. All we can expect as fans each week is full commitment to the jersey for 80 minutes and we got that from each and every player tonight. From Jake and Api hitting above their weight in defence to young Parker putting his body on the line... It was 100 per cent comittment across the park.
@KOMORI is a stirrer - a happy one this week :rofl:

Yeah, the 2 point FG is why players like Bozo, Dennis Ward, Eric Simms etc were all experts at it and why FG's were kicked more often.

Its also the reason why the FG was reduced to a single point. It was meant to produce more attacking plays rather than getting 2 cheap points.

Komori is another one to add to the ignore list ??
Nah you need not ignore me @mave ... I wasn't actually whinging about the win lol but I was annoyed that the game wasn't iced earlier: moreso at Gavin Badger than anyone else he crucified us from about the 20 minute mark onwards..

Best win in 2 years and some are complaining!
For the 2nd week in a row it looks like the entire team is playing for one another.......kept the Warriors scoreless in the 2nd half with great last ditch defence......what has changed from 3 weeks ago.....wait don't tell me, thank whoever that the correct decision was made!
Jamie looked happy and energised tonight, perhaps, sans demons, he may yet find a new lease on another year?

For what it's worth if we don't have DCE we don't have this team. It's built around the player's respect for what he brings and I'm sure many have signed because he's here. He's not going to win us every game but he will be one who is hurting if the camera pans on him after a loss, no smiles and jokes with opposition players from him. I'm sure that when the tally is counted he won't have let us down.
Watching the celebration after the field goal, I was actually thinking that this is DCE's team now. No Snake, Foz, Gift, Choc. It's his. And as such, the team now has a greater chance of success in this new era.

For all of the criticism that Cherry has copped, some of it justified at times (form) and a lot of it unfair (mostly from Qld).....he's still smiling (when we win at least) and is still giving his all out there every game he plays. He hasn't seemed to let it get to him and I 100% agree, this is now his team out there.

He will be the captain in 2017, no doubt. And I would have Jake and Darcy as his deputies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10