Game Day: Manly v Warriors [Round 19, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Gee there are some real real tough markers here...
DCE misses one FG....we hate you champ
DCE kicks one off the left foot!!....all is mostly forgiven.....

Get a grip , people.

Fantastic win with no ball for the last 40 mins
Sorry but I honestly expect more from one of the highest paid players in the game. If not for Jake's mammoth efforts we were gone for all money, and DCE had the chance to win it before the bell. And he blew it.

image.ashx

The moment before the moment

The reason DCE had to kick that with his left foot was because the Warriors line, which was in front of Badger anyway, had taken off before the ball had even been played.

The FG won it anyway but seriously, where in hell was the offside penalty? It was almost the 2014 Semi-final against the Dogs all over again.

Your kidding. Players out terrible conditions under the pump the whole second half. Lots of heart in that win. FFS

I agree! It really pisses me off when a tough win like that is described as "lucky win". What the hell more do people want! How about just being happy the boys didn't turn it up and actually showed heaps of heart! It is also a "spare parts" line-up.

The reason DCE had to kick that with his left foot was because the Warriors line, which was in front of Badger anyway, had taken off before the ball had even been played.

The FG won it anyway but seriously, where in hell was the offside penalty? It was almost the 2014 Semi-final against the Dogs all over again.
Crazy ain't it? They got every 50/50 call, and a run of 8 penalties in a row from the Badge.. And I actually rated him as one of the better refs too..

Sorry but I honestly expect more from one of the highest paid players in the game. If not for Jake's mammoth efforts we were gone for all money, and DCE had the chance to win it before the bell. And he blew it.

Im going to assume you are taking the piss here.

Harsh man, the boys defended out of their skin for the entire second half in energy sapping conditions and came away with a very gutsy win. Can't fault them today.
Wasn't a comment on the team but the poor setup on the previous field goals. Shouldn't have gone to golden point.

810a75eec495f74e537fb59aa7142572

Manly halfback Daly Cherry-Evans field goal sinks Warriors in golden point thriller
be42b0ca6a6c834bfd45f3bebf69fa32

FOX SPORTS
5 minutes ago
be42b0ca6a6c834bfd45f3bebf69fa32

THE left boot of right-foot kicker Daly Cherry-Evans has kept Manly’s season alive with the halfback kicking a field goal in a golden point thriller with the Warriors.

Locked at 14-14 after 80 minutes, the halfback kicked the one-pointer from 15 metres out with less than a minute left on the clock.

More to come ...

MANLY 15 (J Taufua T Trbojevic tries J Lyon 3 goals D Cherry-Evans field goal) bt WARRIORS 14 (B Afoa 2 tries I Luke 3 goals) in golden-point extra time at nib Stadium. Referee: Gavin Badger, Chris James. Crowd: 11,109.

Harsh man, the boys defended out of their skin for the entire second half in energy sapping conditions and came away with a very gutsy win. Can't fault them today.
And against a team who should have lapped up those conditions, refereed perfectly for the worriers, a real backs to the wall effort from the boys.

I was shaking with rage when Johnson was about to kick, then I started to cry when Jake charged it down.

He is a legend and exemplifies the Manly spirit....! The will to win was evident and he just read the play brilliantly, I have no doubt he was gassed as he had put in 110% all game but he kept going and put on a match winning charge down. I knew from then it was on for us. :clap:

Jake you are awesome and thank you for giving your all.......! :)

Im going to assume you are taking the piss here.
Well you're assuming wrongly. Dunno about you but I expect better from DCE. His second shot, left footed and all, was exactly what I expect from him. Clutch plays with the pressure in to win games. Million bucks a season and all...

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10