Manly Sea Eagles V Parramatta Eels [Round 21 2013] Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Terry-Randal said:
I dunno why all the complacency? This game is crucial cause we have a very tough finish with souths, storm,raiders,warriors panthers all hot teams. we could lose most if not all those games. This is a must win cause its all down hill from here. Also i remember going to a manly wests game at lidcombe when i was a kid and manly were coming 1st and the magpies last and i was laughing with my wests friends it could be 50 nil and we lost.
Exactly, I only have to look at round 5 last year at Parramatta stadium when Manly had a few players out. Manly lost and the Eels went on to get the spoon that year. They may play like garbage, but underestimating the eels should never happen.

We have a different mindset this year. Last season we lost matches to weaker sides. This year we haven't. The Titans and Worriers both beat us on goal kicks, and both played well.
I like the new resolve. We don;t lose to inferior sides, and when we play the top eight candidates we are always super competitive. That's why this year I'm more condifent of us winning the matches everyone expects us to, such as against Doesn'tMatta.

The biggest problem in these games is being motivated to crucify a poorly performing team. Sometimes we don't turn up for these games.

I think if we keep them to zero tries regardless of the score that is a pass.

Or we could just flog them! lol

I think if we get the 2 points its a pass.

Anything else doesn't matter. Our for and against is far far more superior than the scums and due to the draw they are the only team we will fight for a place in F/A.

We will play easy and enough to be the opposition as we have the last few weeks. Why would we suddenly change that?

Brookvale said:
Need to be ruthless in defence. keep them to zero.

That is all I want.

Is Parramatta 0 Manly 2 an ok scoreline? ;)

Mals said:
Brookvale said:
Need to be ruthless in defence. keep them to zero.

That is all I want.

Is Parramatta 0 Manly 2 an ok scoreline? ;)

Even Parramatta 0 Manly 1 would do me as long as we win.

After a few days R and R in Alice Springs offon the Plenty Highway ( cough cough read 1000 Kms of corrugations and bull dust) tomorrow so will miss yet another game....that fellow Silvertailers guarantees a win!!!

GO MANLY

This could be a much close game than we expect. Parramatta have nothing to lose and everything to gain in humbling Manly. These 'kids' will come out with fire in their belly and will play it hard. Manly has to be careful not to be dragged into what could be some explosive incidents. They're playing for pride, we're playing just to get a soft win before we face a bunch of heavies. Easy to be complacent. Wouldnt be surprised if the scores are locked up at half time and its a real battle to come out on top.

Agree about your sentiments Bearfax that Manly have more than this game to lose if they let Parra drag them into the biff :mad:

Looks like a great winter's evening for Manly to get their 5,000th try, apparently they have 4,995 to date :)

HappilyManly said:
Agree about your sentiments Bearfax that Manly have more than this game to lose if they let Parra drag them into the biff :mad:

Looks like a great winter's evening for Manly to get their 5,000th try, apparently they have 4,995 to date :)

Or maybe their 6,000th!

HappilyManly said:
globaleagle said:
Or maybe their 6,000th!

I was musing the other day that it would be so great if Matai got a hat trick , with at least one being that magic sidestep of his off Allgood:p

T'was thinking the same except that I wanted Stevie to score doing the 'Maori' sidestep through Allgood. :cool:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/nrl/all-good-matais-red-mist-clears/story-fnca0von-1226690478027

"I just want to win all the time," the Manly centre says. "It's just playing as hard as I can. That's how I take it on the field. I always have to try to get up on my opposition. I have to beat him.

"If he beats me, I have lost the game. I love the physical stuff.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UceGF3M56bE[/video]

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8