Manly Sea Eagles V Parramatta Eels [Round 21 2013] Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Referees: Ashley Klein and Phil Haines; Sideline Officials: Dan Eastwood and Dave Ryan; Video Referees: Bernard Sutton and Matt Rodwell

MAN-LUteams.png

kairtc.jpg

PAR-LUteams.png
TBA

HappilyManly said:
Will Hayne make a surprise appearance and bamboozle Manly like last year:s

No. Parramatta have said he may be out for the year as they don't want to risk him LOL.

I think this match will be a lot like last night's against the Tigers. Our experienced players will try to ensure a win without expending too much energy or getting hurt. There will be plenty of sloppy play, ad-lib tries, a lop-sided penalty count and a large scoreline.
We'll win by 12-15 points, but Doesn't-Matta will rack up at least 20 points. Provided we get the two competition points, and don't cop any injuries and suspensions, I'm sure we'll all be happy.
The tough matches will then start and I'm sure our battle-hardened defensive mindset which we saw earlier in the year will re-emerge.

My only concern for this game is it erupting into fight club and us losing players to suspension. I know the battle of brookvale utlimately didn't cost us in 2011, but we are building nicely at the moment and I'd like things to keep on ticking over and having players missing games or entering finals series with carry over points and loading could hurt us in the future.

For those interested, there is a group of us meeting at the Royal Exhibition Hotel (86 Chalmers Street) opposite Central Station at midday on Saturday. Plan is to have a few drinks there before jumping on a train and heading out to some more pubs at Parramatta before making our way to the Parramatta Leagues club and then finally the game. All welcome to join us. The more the merrier.

http://stats.rleague.com/rl/teams/parramatta/parramatta_by.html
Eels have played 6 times at Parra Stadium in 2013 winning 3 times.
Rd1 beat Warriors 40-10.
Rd5 beat Sharks 13-6
Rd8 lost to Cowboys 14-10
Rd9 beat Broncos 19-18
Rd13 lost to Roosters 38-24
Rd18 lost to Penrith 17-10

My memory of the Roosters game was it was close until last 10 minutes. Eels also got 24 points against best defensive team in NRL this year.

On the other hand they haven't won anywhere since Rd9 over Broncos.

You can actually feel the media beating the Matai v allbad confrontation up.

They are licking their lips in anticipation for a bust up to happen.

Then they could show it 1000 times on tv over the next 24 hours....

Then they could spend the next week going tut tut tut at the combatants.

De ja vu battle of Brookie anyone.

But......it wont happen.

No fights.

However if you're a journo, how to you build up a parra game at the moment???

Andy Raymond on the pre game show last night was wearing boxing gloves and said he hoped for a G. Stewart and A. Blair rematch. What a pis poor thing to say. If the NRL is going to take such a tough stance on the biff then they should stop tv using it to drum up ratings.

For anyone, particularly the younger generation, thinking about feeling slightly sorry for the struggling eels just remember this. 1982 and 1983 Grand finals as well as the smashing they gave us in the 2005 semi final, our first semi since 1998 after we emerged from the dark days of N.E. 1983 GF is etched in my memory as one of the worst days of Manly's history. I will always hate Parra no matter how piss poor they are.

Referees: Ashley Klein and Phil Haines;
Sideline Officials: Dan Eastwood and Dave Ryan;
Video Referees: Bernard Sutton and Matt Rodwell

Tooves has named a 19 Man squad, with Hiku at 19.

Do you think there is a chance that Daly or Skivvy are injured and tooves wants to rest them??

Both were carrying injuries against tigpies.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Manly team added

Good job!

Seems 2V isn't interested in listening to our 'rest matai' points.

Pfffft, and they call him a coach! BEANCOUNTER!!!!!

bones said:
For those interested, there is a group of us meeting at the Royal Exhibition Hotel (86 Chalmers Street) opposite Central Station at midday on Saturday. Plan is to have a few drinks there before jumping on a train and heading out to some more pubs at Parramatta before making our way to the Parramatta Leagues club and then finally the game. All welcome to join us. The more the merrier.

Damn if I didn't have to juggle my kids & a few other things on Sat arvo I'd be in... :(

Hika could well replace Matai... Tooves may well be foxing about Steve's hip & ankle. Cherry seemed to be running pretty freely when he scored late in the game.

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4