[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The Big Smoke has corrupted Semi :p

Whilst not wanting to sound racist, my wife looks at some of these players ( the Fijian ones) and says " they are not long down from the coconut tree".

Her statement is not meant to be derogatory , we have travelled to Fiji many times and love the Fijian people, including all the boys who climb the coconut trees.

But the fact is ( and her point) is these boys come from an environment where they live in a small village, climb coconut trees and do not much else, and just like that they are thrust into " the big smoke" with all its foibles and suddenly with pockets of money the like of which they've never seen.

And unless managed properly it all has the potential of going to ****.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
True, the support system is not available for the Islanders in Sydney @:cool:

At least, the large Polynesian Communities out west, afford those players some direction :nod:

KOMORI

Born and bred an Eagle
image.jpeg

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
I now think the nrl will take the points once they know parra have no chance of making the top 8. That way the nrl are not seen as the bad guys taking parra's finals hopes away from them
We have absolutely nothing to laugh at here. They are on 22 Competition points with a positive F/A of 51 and we are on 10 Competition points with a negative F/A of 99, which all means when the NRL takes away their six wins they will still be ahead of us on the table.

That's just plain embarrassing.

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
We have absolutely nothing to laugh at here. They are on 22 Competition points with a positive F/A of 51 and we are on 10 Competition points with a negative F/A of 99, which all means when the NRL takes away their six wins they will still be ahead of us on the table.

That's just plain embarrassing.
Yes but unlike them, we didn't have the luxury of playing a significant portion of the season well over the salary cap. That kinda makes a difference.

qldeagle

Bencher
Guys just take a moment to think what greenturd would do if this happened to us. It would be the biggest media beat-up in the history of mankind. Greenturd would be fronting the media at a moments notice just to farking drag us through the coals. This is the biggest display of incompetence I have ever seen. Parra deserve to be booted out of the comp for their collective crap they've displayed this year. How much sheet do you need to pour on the Nrl reputation to get a prompt response from the hierarchy to act in a firm manner. I'm disgusted in their lack of action.​

tookey

First Grader
Leagues Club members asked to bail out Eels to tune of $10m
b5ad566523256b9e08bcd2d5c8142973

b5ad566523256b9e08bcd2d5c8142973

THE scandal-plagued Parramatta Eels will cop a record $10 million-plus loss for the 2016 year, following the exposure of its systematic salary cap cheating program.

The huge loss will force the NRL club’s cashed-up parent, the Parramatta Leagues Club, to cover the massive sum just to bail the Eels out.

The Parramatta Leagues Club members will have to bail out the embattled NRL club and pay the $10 million plus loss.

The Daily Telegraph understands before the salary cap scandal broke, internal projections at the Eels were that Parramatta would require an $8m handout from the Leagues Club for 2016.

But the club is now projecting this figure will blow out by $2 million-plus to between $10-$10.5m because of:

● The NRL’s imminent $1m fine on the club;

● Its loss of two major sponsors, Infinity and Cleanaway, following the cheating revelations ($550,000 a year);

● Spiralling and ongoing legal fees for both the Eels’ “Gang of Five” and some of its troubled players ($500,000 and counting), and;

● Loss of its prizemoney from winning this year’s Auckland Nines ($370,000);

These factors alone mean the club’s losses will now easily top $10m for the 2016 season, and possibly more.

This will put yet more pressure on the beleaguered Eels, days out from the likely final bans of the Gang of Five — suspended Eels chairman Steve Sharp, CEO John Boulous, deputy chairman Tom Issa, director Peter Serrao and football boss Daniel Anderson — over the cap cheating.

The massive loss takes subsidies given by the Leagues Club to the Eels to more than $18 million for the 2015 and 2016 financial years: making the club by far the most financially dependent in the NRL.

The subsidies provided by the Leagues Club — the member-based, pokie palace in Parramatta’s heart — mean members’ money is bailing out the operations of the football club.

The Eels have for some time been relying on the rich Leagues Club, which in 2015 had record revenue of $82m, total members funds of $54m, and profits of $6.6m.

Ex-Eels sponsors Infinity ($400,000 a year) and Cleanaway ($150,000 a year) both invoked clauses allowing them to depart because their brands were brought into “disrepute” by the scandal.

Infinity has been replaced by Eels apparel partner Blades as back-of-jersey sponsor for the Eels — for a fraction of the original Infinity deal.

The contract of the club’s major sponsor, Dyldam, is also up for renewal at the end of 2016.

Meanwhile, a second proposal to overthrow the Eels board was registered with the club yesterday, with a third expected to be lodged shortly.

Eels member Chris Losco, who is leading one of the proposals to be put to an extraordinary meeting in late August, said yesterday: “The financial mismanagement of the Eels shows this board is incapable of turning around the performance of what should be a powerhouse of Australian sport.”

Eels interim boss Ian Schubert could not be reached for comment.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...m/news-story/b5ad566523256b9e08bcd2d5c8142973

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
So..... even before this '10 mill' bailout was reported, the eels were going to run at a loss of 8 mill?

Wow, nicely done eels board!

The things you can stuff up when there's a big bag of pokie cash sitting behind you.

(if true of course)

Clay

Bencher
I belive about 3 mil of that money goes into their junior system.
When your leagues club registers a profit of 82 mil they probably aren't too fussed

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14
12 6 6 -39 14