Liam knight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He is like the rest, he will go if the money is better elsewhere. Simple as that. I agree with Ryan you can spot a mercenary from a mile away and he certainly sounds like one. I hope we can keep him but i'm not buying into anything a player says when he talks about new contracts.

First this:
“I’m happy at Manly. I played Harold Matts (under 16s), SG Ball (under 18s), Holden Cup (under 20s) all here at Manly so it would be great to stay here."

Finish with this:
“But I’d be really excited to play with anyone really, once you get a start in first grade.”

Complete contradiction

Remember what I said late last year guys - gooorrrn. We have another Kieran Foran on our hands here imo. Why develop him for The Chooks like we did JWH, and Lama Tasi?

Chooks will just chew him up and spit him out anyway like they do 95% of their other players.

He is a carbon copy of JWH actually. Hot head that gives away unnecessary penalties, but is a tough enforcer and goes hard.

He is like the rest, he will go if the money is better elsewhere. Simple as that. I agree with Ryan you can spot a mercenary from a mile away and he certainly sounds like one. I hope we can keep him but i'm not buying into anything a player says when he talks about new contracts.

I don't want to sound harsh either mate, because I think he could have an amazing career here, but all I want is Manly people, who want nothing else than to be a Manly player, despite how fickle the decision makers can be (ALA Ballin).

To have some kid that has achieved nothing claim he's speaking to a number of clubs, and that he'll let his manager sort it out, when it already has pisses me off.

Foran pretty well ruined a season and a half of enjoyment for me with this sport. The, I wake up and don;t know where I want to be mentality needs to royally piss right off. Now admittedly, I only read this as rumour on social media, but I've since been told a few times - so where there is smoke - I most certainly know nothing definitively, and would love for myself to be wrong on this one.

Liam is not a mercenary anymore than any other player.

Darcy left for Parra on 450k, made more money in one year than he would have in three at Manly.

Good luck to these athletes.

Clubs flick them faster than Fans can form any attachment to them @:cool:

Hiku, Gutho gone inspite of signing on at refuced rates to stay Manly Clubmen :mad:

Liam is not a mercenary anymore than any other player.

Darcy left for Parra on 450k, made more money in one year than he would have in three at Manly.

Good luck to these athletes.

Clubs flick them faster than Fans can form any attachment to them @:cool:
Mate i dont begrudge any player making squillions if he is offered it. There have been plenty of loyal players like Kitey and Ballin and others from other clubs who got shafted at the end of their careers for not taking the cash. I just can't hack the bull**** lip service they give to fans with negotiations. Be honest! if you are negotiating then that is fine but if you are already signed, then man up and put it out there and then F Off. Otherwise good job for staying.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I don't begrudge a bloke a dollar or two, but there's a way about things.

And you know what guys, I think it's an NRL problem, not an individual bloke problem (unless they lie and misguide during the negotiation in public like Foran did, and Knight is now - when people know he's already signed - or are suggesting it).

Young players should be restricted free agents. Opposition clubs should have to provide offer sheets to players, so that the developing club can have a chance to match the offer sheet.

Those days are gone. Gen y peeps, its about me me me and me they think should be boss, captain, a grade 12 months ago. Get used to it because I doubt we will see much else in years to come. PS I hope we keep him but he has to prove himself against men first. It is an apprenticeship this game.

He has come through the grades at Manly. What's the rush to leave?
$$$ and first grade starting spot is all a player wants - simples :nod:
Rorters have JWH and Cordner out for the first 10 rounds, according to twittersphete today.

Nicho would be on others' radar too as there is such a shortage of halves coming through :(

We can't have it both ways. If you treat players like cattle and show no loyalty to them, then there's no way you can expect them to stay loyal to the club - to any club, really.
All the club can do is let him know he's wanted and try to make a competitive offer. Barrett's making all the right noises and I suspect giving him a shot at NRL football this year might help swing things our way. We can't afford to look at it as "developing him for another team". If we try and fail, so be it.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I don't begrudge a bloke a dollar or two, but there's a way about things.

And you know what guys, I think it's an NRL problem, not an individual bloke problem (unless they lie and misguide during the negotiation in public like Foran did, and Knight is now - when people know he's already signed - or are suggesting it).

Young players should be restricted free agents. Opposition clubs should have to provide offer sheets to players, so that the developing club can have a chance to match the offer sheet.
You've got to get the word loyalty out your head to much money in the game now . Clubs don't have loyalty to players, players no loyalty to club .who can blame the kid for taking good $$s and a promise of first grade, good luck to him .there will be others coming through if he goes. After watching him on Sunday he certainly would have realised the step up is a lot harder he got smashed a couple of times.

Jakey, Knight & Fonua-Blake, are the difference between winning a premiership & not. Will compliment Taupau, Myles & Lawrence nicely. Knight was very impressive against the sharks. Strong as ****!

Maybe he's a keeper. These guys have a limited window of opportunity to earn good money and it can be shortened by injury. He is entitled to chase the bucks and we shouldn't resent him for it. At this point investing a significant part of the salary cap in this lad is a bit of a gamble. I am prepared to trust Bozo's judgment. I've not seen enough of him yet to form a view.

Manly would be doing everything they can to keep knight . Bozo will try anything if he thinks he is any good but if rooters pay overs massive overs it bonvayage. We will still be fine.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8