Liam knight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No offence to Ella who does some great work but I would think that the club could employ someone more experienced to compliment her articles (and provide some mentorship as well)

No offence to Ella who does some great work but I would think that the club could employ someone more experienced to compliment her articles (and provide some mentorship as well)
I think it was stated more tongue in cheek.

At 15 (or is she 16 yet) Ella Kasmar is very much in her junior years as a journo, but I reckon with all the experience she has gained in her formative years she will jag a job in the industry as well.

Lovely young lady, beautiful family and we should wish her all the best but yes I reckon tongue in cheek at this young age.

Let's be honest even bourbon Beccy would be an upgrade to the Manly daily compared to ZtH.....
Have I gone to far?

Sportal

Kids will be lost to the game

It’s tough times for kids in the Holden Cup, with many clubs refusing to re-sign players for the under 20 competition beyond the end of next season.

With the NRL set to axe the competition, a host of talented young players are set to be lost to the game - or have to move to the bush.

It’s a crying shame as the National Youth competition has been a great breeding ground for NRL stars over the past decade - but officials have decided it costs too much and has to go.

Sportal

It’s tough times for kids in the Holden Cup, with many clubs refusing to re-sign players for the under 20 competition beyond the end of next season.

With the NRL set to axe the competition, a host of talented young players are set to be lost to the game - or have to move to the bush.

It’s a crying shame as the National Youth competition has been a great breeding ground for NRL stars over the past decade - but officials have decided it costs too much and has to go.

Wow.....did not know this was happening. This is very disappointing coming from the NRL.

Or they will play reserve grade?

Have been travelling a bit for work at the moment which must be affecting my tongue in cheek ometor!

Or they will play reserve grade?

Have been travelling a bit for work at the moment which must be affecting my tongue in cheek ometor!
Nobody between the age of 18 and 20 will be allowed to play league at all, ever, once the nyc is canned.

Sportal

The Queensland Rugby League and the NSW Rugby League have come up with a proposal that has gone to the NRL to replace the NYC with a state based under 20 competition where every Intrust Super Cup (and NSW Cup) team would have an under 20s side.”

The 20s would play before the Cup sides.

That is the most sensibly decision to come out of nrl hq. there has to be some sort of mistake. less pressure on the kids not in the spot light as much. still living close to home. and it is more of the correct path way with 20's feeding into nsw / q cup feeding into nrl.

Liam has broken his ankle :eek:

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2015/11/11/liam_knight_suffers_.html
Liam Knight
Wayne Cousins

Wed 11th November, 04:16PM
1447219216206.jpg

Liam Knight : NYC Rugby League Preliminary Final, Cowboys V Sea Eagles at AAMI Park, Saturday 26th September 2015. Pic by Robb Cox © NRL Photo

Talented prop Liam Knight has suffered a slight pre-season setback following a misfortunate injury last Saturday.

Knight, a standout for the Sea Eagles in the Holden Cup in 2015, had made an immediate impact on the new coaching staff at his first week of pre-season training.

However, in trying to cross a road in heavy rain, Knight rolled his ankle in a pothole.

“Scans showed Liam has a broken foot. He will miss the next six weeks of training,’’ said Head Coach Trent Barrett.

“It is very disappointing for Liam because he was going great. He showed all the attributes we wanted to see and it just reinforced what we thought of Liam after his performances for the 20s.

“Liam is a real player of the future and one we would like to keep long term. We will endeavour to do that.”

Meanwhile, another of the U20s stars from 2015, Addison Demetriou, is also watching on from the sidelines after undergoing wrist surgery.

Barrett said Knight and Demetriou were players with plenty of potential.

“They were very good in the 20s but now it is case of seeing how they play against men,’’ Barrett said

“Addison is big and powerful. There is no doubting he has a lot of ability but it is a different kettle of fish when you come up against the big boys.

“That’s the challenge for these young guys. It is a real step up for them and I’m looking forward to the trials to see how they go.”

==========================
So first Wright now Liam out of pre season @:cool:

Word on the street ;) is that Liam was crossing the road in the rain, stepped in a pothole (typical Warringah Council ****house infrastructure), and broke his foot - out of training 6 weeks.

Apologies if this has been said elsewhere.

Shame, he apparently has been ripping it up at training, and we may have him pegged for Lawrence hole if he disappears.

Street joke was pretty lame....and HappilyManly got me by 55 seconds :)

The Queensland Rugby League and the NSW Rugby League have come up with a proposal that has gone to the NRL to replace the NYC with a state based under 20 competition where every Intrust Super Cup (and NSW Cup) team would have an under 20s side.”

The 20s would play before the Cup sides.
So that means they kick off at about 9am on Fridays now right?

Word on the street ;) is that Liam was crossing the road in the rain, stepped in a pothole (typical Warringah Council ****house infrastructure), and broke his foot - out of training 6 weeks.

Apologies if this has been said elsewhere.

Shame, he apparently has been ripping it up at training, and we may have him pegged for Lawrence hole if he disappears.

Street joke was pretty lame....and HappilyManly got me by 55 seconds :)

Sure it was Warringah Council???...still its bad luck for the young fella at the start of pre season

Last edited:
He would be training just not on his feet and Addision would have getting his cardio sorted before getting back to the weights.

Not great but not the end of the season

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6