Latu Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It’s a business ( player wise) these days , there’s zero loyalty to the club from any of them with the exception of the local juniors & our captain.

They are just here for the big bucks and if another club offers them a bigger contract , off they go.

The last thing we need is to pay a million a year on potential , we aren’t the Roosters with unlimited funds outside the cap.

I think most on here don’t get that.

But I do understand the frustration many are feeling, but also remember , these are unsubstantiated media reports.

Ever heard of Joseph Sualli?
Yes I heard from of Him
Sualli is not setting the world of fire like they thought he would
They Roosters think that money would be better spent
He is 800k overpriced player
Fainu is no where near that money and a different proposition
The fact is
The Roosters dont lose players they want to keep

F@%k me. Now the club is determined to strip us of all hope for the future as well. Why on Earth would anyone consider this to be a good idea?
F..k, what a nightmare week this has been already, first Tom now this. And Samuela not being picked, where there's smoke there's fire. Do the management know something we don't know, it's starting to look that way. I was never a fan of giving Latu 300k a season at his age. We have history on wasting money on players weather good or bad. Seib's and co better not balls this up, let's see where this one ends up...not confident at all.

Why I cant stand Tall Poppies

When I was born again and Became a Pasionate Manly supporter from out side of Manly
I was sick and tired of the whinging the Bitching the Cursing and Hating from all the incompetent other clubs that lost their star players to the more powerful run Manly club

Writing was on the wall when the new Titans coach unnecessarily extended DCE early when we already knew at the time Fainu was coming through. And the ‘pay cut’ DCE took can’t have been that much given we are supposedly under so much cap pressure that we’ve had to let go of other juniors like Fifita and Tuitavake. We took Woods in exchange and even though he couldn’t crack the Dragons of all teams, here we are playing him over Samuela who no one would be surprised if he joined his brothers too.

Whilst these are only rumours it’s hard not to believe them given the idiotic moves this club has made in the past couple of years. Our only saving grace has been Turbo and once again he has gone down for the year. Our coach took the biggest club in the NRL to their first spoon and the only players we seem to sign or be linked to are complete plodders that share the same manager as him.

Completely ****ed as a club and easily in the worst position of any team in the league. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to take off their maroon and white glasses and realise that it’s only going to get worse

I was also told even as late as Wednesday night Flannagan has been talking to a few of our junior player managers about a switch to The Dragons.

Once a cheat, then after being caught, cheating again with Flannagan, I have no doubts about the information I heard either.

Watch us being completely stripped of talent (between Des and Flannagan), over paying for what we already have (desperation signings) and us acquiring dead set plonkers going forward.

This will break us for many years to come. Siebold latest interview just showed how clueless he truly is as well - all this crap also happening right under his nose.

Writing was on the wall when the new Titans coach unnecessarily extended DCE early when we already knew at the time Fainu was coming through. And the ‘pay cut’ DCE took can’t have been that much given we are supposedly under so much cap pressure that we’ve had to let go of other juniors like Fifita and Tuitavake. We took Woods in exchange and even though he couldn’t crack the Dragons of all teams, here we are playing him over Samuela who no one would be surprised if he joined his brothers too.

Whilst these are only rumours it’s hard not to believe them given the idiotic moves this club has made in the past couple of years. Our only saving grace has been Turbo and once again he has gone down for the year. Our coach took the biggest club in the NRL to their first spoon and the only players we seem to sign or be linked to are complete plodders that share the same manager as him.

Completely ****ed as a club and easily in the worst position of any team in the league. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to take off their maroon and white glasses and realise that it’s only going to get worse
If the Fainu story is true I hope we have a better plan B

Woods was a great player in his day and dominated in a different era
But now days he is well and truly past it and we have extended his time in a nursing home at Manly

THIS IS WHERE YOU ARE WRONG FEATHERED FRIEND !
We are not completely fcked as a club
No completely fcked club retains GREAT players like DCE , the Turbo brothers , Haumole , Schuster, Koula etc .. and we are the only proud club not to fck up and disgrace our selves by getting a wooden spoon up our arse like the Roosters and the Rabbits and the Storm and the rest of the fcked clubs

F..k, what a nightmare week this has been already, first Tom now this. And Samuela not being picked, where there's smoke there's fire. Do the management know something we don't know, it's starting to look that way. I was never a fan of giving Latu 300k a season at his age. We have history on wasting money on players weather good or bad. Seib's and co better not balls this up, let's see where this one ends up...not confident at all.
If it's true, how much time, effort & money have we wasted on the entire family. Are they related to the Hopoate's by any chance.

If the Fainu story is true I hope we have a better plan B

Woods was a great player in his day and dominated in a different era
But now days he is well and truly past it and we have extended his time in a nursing home at Manly

THIS IS WHERE YOU ARE WRONG FEATHERED FRIEND !
We are not completely fcked as a club
No completely fcked club retains GREAT players like DCE , the Turbo brothers , Haumole , Schuster, Koula etc .. and we are the only proud club not to fck up and disgrace our selves by getting a wooden spoon up our arse like the Roosters and the Rabbits and the Storm and the rest of the fcked clubs

That should be our one goal the next 3-4 years. Avoid the wooden spoon. Forget competing for now. Our already sub par roster is in the process of being stripped of juniors and up and coming players, so that we can sign and re-sign habitual losers.

Please don't meme me to death on this comment.

That should be our one goal the next 3-4 years. Avoid the wooden spoon. Forget competing for now. Our already sub par roster is in the process of being stripped of juniors and up and coming players, so that we can sign and re-sign habitual losers.

Please don't meme me to death on this comment.
Makes you wonder about where this extra money goes. Obviously getting wasted or p1ssed up against the wall. If I had put my hard earned into the other nights "fund raiser", I'd be emailing ICAC.

"Manly Warringah Sea Eagles raised some vital funds for the next generation of exciting youngsters coming through the Club's Pathways program at a gala State of Origin dinner on Wednesday night".

Maybe the club is trying to decrease Tartaks influence at the club? I'm not sure why you would grant young Latu an early release, but this club's been going downhill for years so it doesn't surprise me anymore.

Maybe the club is trying to decrease Tartaks influence at the club? I'm not sure why you would grant young Latu an early release, but this club's been going downhill for years so it doesn't surprise me anymore.
If you want to decrease his influence, tell Tartak to f#ck off, he is going no where. Unless there is a reason the club want him out....all of a sudden.

It’s this that makes me think it’s likely a Tartak special. Client plays well, starts planting stories in the media to suggest his “next big thing” will leave.
I can absolutely see that but the only thing that bothers me about the story is that it claims the Club has given them permission to seek out other options. That's why I think if it's BS, the Club needs to come out and say so.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8