Latu Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Why not take it a face value. Haven’t we seen enough rubbish from our management to believe it’s true. We probably planning to bring in Luke Brooks on $1m

I dont want to panic yet....but dear god if this is true it is an astoundingly idiotic decision
On the face of it, I agree. But if true, we don’t have the benefit of knowing all factors behind the decision. What we see is a prodigiously talented footballer on big coin before he has played FG, and a family the club stood strongly behind in their time of need (hence we feel invested and have reasonable expectations of a return). But that may be a narrow lens.

Breaking news. We also extended contracts with Tui l,Vaega, Weekes, and Lawton also for 5 year deals.

In great news Manly have also extended the contracts for another 7 years for the 3 Turbo brothers at a joint price of 5.7 million per season. The Turbos said they were more than happy to take unders to stay with Manly.
The turbos signed the new contracts on the understanding that they only have to play a maximum of 10 games per year each

Seriously this feels like the Barrett years all over again with a wooden spoon likely while Seibold is coach and Menstrov CEO

Hard to see us winning too many games this season and we we may never recover from the Seibold/Menstrov/Penn era

Penn will regret not selling the club because the value is decreasing every day

The turbos signed the new contracts on the understanding that they only have to play a maximum of 10 games per year each

Seriously this feels like the Barrett years all over again with a wooden spoon likely while Seibold is coach and Menstrov CEO

Hard to see us winning too many games this season and we we may never recover from the Seibold/Menstrov/Penn era

The Penn era has caused all the other sub era's. Penn is the owner and totally to blame for our less than "ok" performances since 2014, when he took control.

Hopefully URM are cashed up and ready to go

Fox Sports article about Fainu

Speaking of best games, teen playmaker Latu Fainu had a career-defining game in Blacktown’s 46-10 win over the Eels. The 18-year-old made his NSW Cup debut in Round 8 and has taken a little bit of time to settle into the game but on the weekend his true potential was on show. Fainu scored a try, set up another, got three linebreaks, five tackle busts and 131 running metres. He also made 10 tackles with zero misses — his first game with no misses.

Sounds promising!
WHY did i open my frikkin trap earlier this week

I've gone from impressed to despair in a matter of days.

How've we cocked this one up after getting it so right?

Josh Feledy is unsigned for next year
Expected Tigers to sign him for the long term.
I'm kind of n shock about this unfounded Fainu rumour and will sus it out today

Success in life is linked to the choices we make
Eg: The choice of players , coaches and club Management

The moral of the story ..
Choose wrong and you choose to lose

This family is the hoppa's part 2, 0 loyalty. piss them all off now and give them no more development opportunities make the young half play front row for Blacktown in a lower grade for the rest of the year.

This family is the hoppa's part 2, 0 loyalty. piss them all off now and give them no more development opportunities make the young half play front row for Blacktown in a lower grade for the rest of the year.
Loyalty works both ways for players and clubs
It is never a good idea to piss off any potential development player so opposition clubs can benefit

So , How good is this Latu Fainu guy ?
Is he our next DCE ?
I have not seen much of him

It just doesn't make sense that we would fast track Latu's development particularly over the past month by playing him in reserve grade when he is still young in JF. He jumped Jamie Humphreys who was doing a good job himself. Hopefully this is BS.

Isn "t he on something like 300 k per season and still 2 years to run on his deal [ if this has not already been mentioned ] So some other club is prepared to match or better this and still not yet tested at a higher level but naturally showing good progress recently at Blacktown .Sure also that he will receive an opportunity at Manly in i st grade in the not too distant future No higher profile signings being considered and probably at this stage only guys like Parker and Bully , Sam Fainu maybe Humphries ideally to retain . Other off contract players unlikely to be retained . Just can not see the sense and rationale in releasing him now with no indicated or apparent salary cap issues and again with Latu already locked in with a fairly favorable or good deal at this stage of his career

this **** fight has been coming for a while

Its 2023 and Latu it appears is showing glimpses

Yet we have firmly committed in coin in schuster and DCE until kick off 2026 in what appears to be his position

if its going to happen with Latu it will in about 18 months looking at his progress, on fan day thats great but it will affect the team elsewhere in terms of cap

By season end 2024. either shcu, latu or DCE are gone or one is getting ready for a switch of position

BUT
if there is real agitation afoot. pick him for a few weeks at fullback and see how that sits

also i would suspect most of the Fainu love given by Manly left when Dessie exited the building.

hope dessie has moved on man. for us fans, we hate penn too

He is good Bozo. Really really good.
Thank you @Thewestisbest feathered friend

Smart clubs like the Roosters do not lose these types of really good players
If we are a competent smart club we wont lose this player either
The salary cap truly is as affective as the smart people in the club that manage the salary cap
and the Greatest Investment in any club are the smart people that the club invests in

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8