Latu Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
TOP SHELF
DCE = 1 million
Turbo = 1.2 million
Jake = $900k
Schu = will want a million
Haumole = $800k
Latu Fainu = will want a million
Sammy Fainu = $750k +
Paseka = $700k

MIDDLE SHELF
Koula = $600k
Garrick = $500k
Josh A = $600k
Kelma = $550k

Good luck being able to keep that top shelf ... and get anywhere near the salary cap .. and none of them look like taking .. "unders" .. for King and Country ...

Whilst everybody is blaming everybody for this predicament ... I just wonder if Dessie hadn't extended DCE ... and his contract finished this year ... how different all this would look .
Clearly some made up numbers here but makes me wonder how many of our players have ratchet clauses in their contracts. DCE definitely did in the past. With the cap going up 22% the clubs without ratchet clauses will be the big winners.

"News Corp reports he has been granted permission to move on at the end of the season due to salary cap issues."

I guarantee the issue is not salary cap related.

They really need a rethink on this.

Why is he being let go if it's not salary cap related?

Haven’t seen much of this kid but maybe this is seibold wanting to get away from the gang wannabees to better balance out the side

Can have 1-2 of them
Cant have 5-6 of them

You’d have to think if this is true that there must be good reason

The club knows the story is out they could deny it with a simple tweet. Lets be honest it is true unless they react to the blow back they are getting.
It would be nice if we received some clarification, but they haven't responded to innuendo/rumours in the past.

Something just does not make sense at the club.

I know there are 3 players on good money however that is the case in almost every club.

It just feels (based on gut) that there is something going on at the club. If these two go then it would be 4 talented kids leaving in the space of a year all of whom, like Moses Suli and Sione Fainu are all managed by the same person who also manages Saab, the Shu, and Ola.
I can only imagine said manager has put the bite on the club for upgrades for all his clients & Manly have agreed on some (Saab, Schuster, Olakau’atu) & declined on others (Suli, Fifita, Tuitavake, Sione Fainu & now (apparently) Latu & Samuela Fainu).

Perhaps this is just how it works in the club-player manager world & the club have only upgraded the players they see as important to the club’s future & let the others walk.

Haven’t seen much of this kid but maybe this is seibold wanting to get away from the gang wannabees to better balance out the side

Can have 1-2 of them
Cant have 5-6 of them

You’d have to think if this is true that there must be good reason
Lots of gang signs are being thrown in the NRL. It's not limited to current Manly players, (though we are pretty well represented when we include Manase and Fonua-Blake). The Fainu family has a longstanding association with 21 District, as does Olakau'atu. Even Taupau is repping 21 District in the image immediately below.

It has definitely become a major issue in juniors though. Unfortunately, the Pacific Islander gang culture has developed an almost symbiotic relationship with Rugby League. It shouldn't really be news to anyone as this has happened over a long period of time. The Manase incident is a really good example of how entrenched these relationships are.

21928490-7765583-image-m-4_1575677629172 (1).jpg
download (5).jpg
download (6).jpg
download (4).jpg
21928482-7765583-image-m-5_1575677647921.jpg
34MZ7OBUF3EYC27HLWCSH2BRCA.jpg

Last edited:
I can only imagine said manager has put the bite on the club for upgrades for all his clients & Manly have agreed on some (Saab, Schuster, Olakau’atu) & declined on others (Suli, Fifita, Tuitavake, Sione Fainu & now (apparently) Latu & Samuela Fainu).

Perhaps this is just how it works in the club-player manager world & the club have only upgraded the players they see as important to the club’s future & let the others walk.
If the dragons dig there heels in with hunt, and a few others followed in quick succession it may cause a ripple against this tactic

Lots of gang signs are being thrown in the NRL. It's not limited to current Manly players though (we are pretty well represented when we include Manase and Fonua-Blake. The Fainu family has a longstanding association with 21 District, as does Olakau'atu. Even Taupau is repping the 21 District in the image immediately below.

It has definitely become a major issue in juniors though. Unfortunately, the Pacific Islander gang culture has developed an almost symbiotic relationship with the NRL. It shouldn't really be news to anyone as this has happened over a long period of time. The Manase incident is a really good example oh how entrenched these relationships are.

View attachment 24186View attachment 24189View attachment 24190View attachment 24187View attachment 24188View attachment 24191
Yep, need to get this crap out of the side . Keep a select few but not enough to create a culture around gang rubbish.

Not a rumours - unfortunately very real....
And the fact Samuela got used as a scapegoat after that Eels game didn't help things.
I'm filthy about the situation, as I know what ability Latu has and Samuela is still a big rookie with plenty more to show and not sure it will be at Manly.

If the dragons dig there heels in with hunt, and a few others followed in quick succession it may cause a ripple against this tactic
Sure, but how often in this situation have we seen a club dig their heels in & the player honouring the duration of their contract in a professional manner?

I can count on one finger - JAC at Melbourne & I can only assume they either:

A. Appealed to his better nature
B. Offered him (& his manager) a sweetener
C. Displayed the might of their legal department & made it clear it would not end well for him if he chose to fight it.

Not a rumours - unfortunately very real....
And the fact Samuela got used as a scapegoat after that Eels game didn't help things.
I'm filthy about the situation, as I know what ability Latu has and Samuela is still a big rookie with plenty more to show and not sure it will be at Manly.
There has to be a reason for it, the club wouldn’t just roll over & agree to an early release for no reason whatsoever.

Lots of gang signs are being thrown in the NRL. It's not limited to current Manly players, (though we are pretty well represented when we include Manase and Fonua-Blake). The Fainu family has a longstanding association with 21 District, as does Olakau'atu. Even Taupau is repping 21 District in the image immediately below.

It has definitely become a major issue in juniors though. Unfortunately, the Pacific Islander gang culture has developed an almost symbiotic relationship with Rugby League. It shouldn't really be news to anyone as this has happened over a long period of time. The Manase incident is a really good example of how entrenched these relationships are.

View attachment 24186View attachment 24189View attachment 24190View attachment 24187View attachment 24188View attachment 24191
Hasn’t Olakau’atu got his postcode tattooed on his leg?

I suppose that’s so he knows how to get home if he gets lost lol

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10