Latrell Mitchell’s ban

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
!

Attachments

• 5kzrnm.jpg
    5kzrnm.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 37
6-8 weeks every day of the week.. already served 4 weeks for a similar incident so can't see how he plays again this year...
The "experts" will all bleat in the media all week long about "rubbing the best players out of the game" , but the only person here to blame is latrell... You wanna play the hard guy, cool, pay the price when you majorly f$&K it up... And tonight, he hit high, he hit late and it was forceful... Thats the trifecta of f$&K ups right there

Depending on who you ask, Joey Manu is just as big as a star as Latrell. Unlike Latrell, he is actually likeable. I’m filthy with tonight’s events.

One big star now probably out for the remainder of the season due to foul play. The other star in my opinion shouldn’t even be allowed to return to the field at least until Joey Manu can

The complete lack of awareness and humility afterwards until he went to the bin and how he acted when he came back in was what really got me. The tackle was terrible, but to show no contrition at all rings louder than a bad tackle going wrong. I couldn’t support a team that had a player that acted like that

The complete lack of awareness and humility afterwards until he went to the bin and how he acted when he came back in was what really got me. The tackle was terrible, but to show no contrition at all rings louder than a bad tackle going wrong. I couldn’t support a team that had a player that acted like that
And to hear the commentators mention that Latrell and Manu are good friends off the paddock. Gob-smacked. I can only imagine, Latrell knew he had done something really bad and was pretty much in an adrenaline-fuelled state of shock for the rest of the game.

Oh Gushers Gould. A few months back when blokes were being sent off on account of just looking at another blokes head, Gushers with Gould was advocating V'landys as the saviour of the free world, the visionary protecting the health of players, we all needed to get with the times, and get on board he said

So Ok. The NRL seem to accept they were a just may be, kind of a little over zealous for a few weeks.

So what's the rule now? I think only a couple weeks back during a raiders game Gushers Gould suggested the officiating had settled to a position in which, it's only when forceful contact with the head is made, which is a send off. You know the bad ones.

So umm with a week before finals. Can anyone tell me the rules are after tonight?

So if you break a blokes jaw with your shoulder. If that's now not a send off.

Surely nothing is right?

Yes. Wipe the send off rule from the books fine sirs. It no longer exists. By analogy if breaking jaws is fine. Woo Hoo the biff is back baby. The 70s are back.

Does anyone having any ****ing idea any more?

Yep, when you compare that to when CHN got sent v Storm.
You could see the contrition and emotion on face straightaway, he was shattered for not only getting sent but for what he had done.

Whatever anyone thinks of Robinson and the Chooks, he was spot on in the presser.
He’s always measured with what he says and how he presents it.

That was bad. It was a deplorable act. Can't believe he wasn't set off. And to think it took Manu to go over to Mitchell twice for something to be done. What were the officials thinking.

Should be 6 to 8 weeks but will probably only get 4 so he has the chance to play in the GF if Souths get there. But not much chance of that now with him being suspended.

And good on Robinson for telling the press what he really thinks. It really was laughable.

Steve Matai copped a suspension in the region of 6-8 weeks for putting a shoulder to the head Michael Ennis at the end of the 2010 season. That hit was nowhere near as bad as what Latrell laid out tonight and Ennis didn’t come out worse for wear like Manu has
…yeah but have you seen Ennis’s head? It the size of, and as dense as, a concrete wrecking ball!

just sayin’

TCN 9 Johns , Gould and Gallen saying that when you are defending your line as Latrell did
You have to go in a tackle aggressively and the incident replayed at normal speed which was a fast motion play did not look as bad as in slow motion.

The fact is the season ending injury to Manu was not a result of aggressive tackling but the result of a high shot.

Complete dog act from a player, and a team that I am losing more respect for every week. The three chief grubs, being Walker, Gagai and Mitchell, need to be brought into line by Bennett. Right now they are bringing the whole club into disrepute, by their onfield behaviour.

Last edited:
TCN 9 Johns , Gould and Gallen saying that when you are defending your line as Latrell did
You have to go in a tackle aggressively and the incident replayed at normal speed which was a fast motion play did not look as bad as in slow motion.

The fact is the season ending injury to Manu was not a result of aggressive tackling but the result of a high shot.
Agree, fair enough that it wasn’t intentional but surely it’s careless and/or reckless.
Once the bunker sees the replay, it should be a no brainer.
Whether we/they don’t like the way the game is going with penalties for love taps to the head that is a send off everyday of the week - shoulder with force to the head.
There’s no mitigating factors like falling in the tackle, off balance etc to use as a defence and the lack of contrition after should get an extra week too.

so we've got our top 4 spot and we have one of our competitors, Rabbitohs, have their season ended. We winning even without playing. What a successful night for us!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8