Kelepi Tanginoa

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
One is a middle and one is an edge backrower so I doubt one gets the nod over the other.

May be thinking of someone else but think when debuting for Parra pretty sure he played a bit wider for them.

Trying my absolute hardest to be a Lane fan, but he just isn't doing it for me at the moment. Ability wise I'm sure he has it but doesn't use his size at all, imagine if he ran as hard as Walker and Aku do outside home

He is a serious prospect. To make your debut for a team and have a few strong carries with 0 errors...? Nice. He was charging over the advantage line. This kid literally has had a month to learn Manlys ins and outs - in any FG team it is no joke.

Impressed to see what he can do.
Couldn't agree more, nice footwork before the line and great acceleration. Hits the defensive line hard. I'm excited by him as we need a smaller quick backrower. People saying Lane should run as hard as Walker and Uate need to factor in their size difference. Lane, like AFB take a little time to wind up, so comparing them to quick and agile backs is not realistic. I thought Lane was good today, recovered well after a shaky start. And Tanginoa has the potential to give us a point of difference coming off the bench.

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more, nice footwork before the line and great acceleration. Hits the defensive line hard. I'm excited by him as we need a smaller quick backrower. People saying Lane should run as hard as Walker and Uate need to factor in their size difference. Lane, like AFB take a little to wind up so comparing them to quick and agile backs is not realistic. I thought Lane was good today, recovered well after a shaky start. And Tanginoa has the potential to give us a point of difference coming off the bench.
Well said, really hoping Tanginoa can keep his spot for next week

Good short stint today

I think Tanginoa balances the bench better but you cannot leave out AFB so who drops out?

Api was on his haunches, didn't touch the ball once in an attacking set and barely making it back into the defensive line before he was swapped with Brown so running a big risk to not have cover for him, at this stage that is Brown.

So needs to be Lussick or Perrett to make way. Both had good games today as well. Kelepi deserves another game but i don't think he will be there outside of injury.

Thought Lussick and Perrett were both great coming off the bench today. Nice debut from Kelepi but depth only this season. 2 from AFB / Lussick / Perrett for mine

Thought Lussick and Perrett were both great coming off the bench today. Nice debut from Kelepi but depth only this season. 2 from AFB / Lussick / Perrett for mine
I watched back (very quickly) at Tanginoa's moments in that game. He was a huge influence for us when on, he lead by example with some hard runs (getting on or over 10m almost every run), and had some really good late footwork at the line which made him all the more dangerous. A quiet achiever today, I want to see him make some more noise in coming weeks, I reckon we've got to give him some more game time as he could be an outstanding find

May be thinking of someone else but think when debuting for Parra pretty sure he played a bit wider for them.

Trying my absolute hardest to be a Lane fan, but he just isn't doing it for me at the moment. Ability wise I'm sure he has it but doesn't use his size at all, imagine if he ran as hard as Walker and Aku do outside home
I've given up contemplating the player Lane could be. Reality is, even now what he does now in attack is better then most back rowers in the comp. What concerns me is his one percenters. He switched off as soon as the ball is away from him. His lack of effort backing up the inside almost hurt us about 5 times today. Next week coaches will be targeting that.

Obviously Tanginoa had far less minutes but Perrett ran for 118 metres and Lussick ran for 133 so I feel the notion that someone should drop off the bench for Kelepi is a little premature.

He didn't do anything overly noteworthy, just took the ball up hard which is his job. I think AFB is a much better prospect but nothing wrong with bringing Tanginoa in when required.
The Noteworthy thing that I saw him do in the minimum time he was on is that he turned it on , that is he hit the line at full pace and was always a handful . He looked to be an aggressive type player who dosen't take a step back .

Last edited:
Welcome Kelepi Tanginoa on a solid and powerful performance. A great acquisition who will provide good depth strong competition for spots in the 17. Just what we need! Similarly TB showed some smarts finally giving Kelly a rest and giving Parker a run. He did both players a favour and built up more healthy competition for positions. If you keep picking under performers you send the wrong message to the rest of the playing group. Not an easy thing to get right because of concern about further deflating the confidence of the player dropped (I mean rested!).

Kelepi was very highly touted about 3-4 years ago. Not sure what curbed his development, but we could have a good'un on our hands if he realises his early potential here. He has great leg drive and a handy offload.

Surely one of afb, perret or kelepi can turn into a powerhouse. They all have potential, just inconsistent due to age I guess.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8