Hub locations for NRL games

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

If Manly are forced to play games away from Sydney, where would should our home games be based?

• Brisbane

Votes: 11 13.1%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Gold Coast

Votes: 41 48.8%
  • Sunshine Coast

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • Townsville

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Canberra

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Wollongong

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 12 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Have to say the impact/risk to the viability of the game over the last couple of years has never been so great. Credit to V'landys and Abdo and co. for being on the front foot with contingency plans before they're pushed.
Their next challenge will be if they can convince the QLD Government to let crowds attend the first 3 weeks (zero crowds per story above). They'll be needing the gate dollars big time.
And credit to the Warriors for their continued sacrifice for the good of the game, far from home, uprooted again.
Not sure why there wouldn’t be crowds given Origin will be a capacity this Wednesday night and Broncos played with a crowd last week,a day after lockdown ended in Brisbane.Restrictions,wearing masks etc were scheduled to be eased this Friday but there’s been no community cases for at least three days straight now so they maybe eased earlier.

Not sure why there wouldn’t be crowds given Origin will be a capacity this Wednesday night and Broncos played with a crowd last week,a day after lockdown ended in Brisbane.Restrictions,wearing masks etc were scheduled to be eased this Friday but there’s been no community cases for at least three days straight now so they maybe eased earlier.
Yeah there will definitely be crowds and no restrictions on crowds (as it stands)
They are even talking double and triple headers to treat the fans with a mini magic round.
Also, I wanna throw out there for people thinking we will play all games at Sunny coast, that's not fact. We will play between the stadiums and just be based at Sunny Coast. Personally I think Sunny Coast is way better to he based than GC or Brisbane

Yeah there will definitely be crowds and no restrictions on crowds (as it stands)
They are even talking double and triple headers to treat the fans with a mini magic round.
Also, I wanna throw out there for people thinking we will play all games at Sunny coast, that's not fact. We will play between the stadiums and just be based at Sunny Coast. Personally I think Sunny Coast is way better to he based than GC or Brisbane
It is certainly sunnier there than both Brisbane and the Gold Coast. Also it is more coastal than Brisbane, and likely equal to the Gold Coast in coastalness. If we can trust the naming of these areas.

If the draw stays the same other than obviously venue and where teams have been moved to,in the first four weeks they’ll play three at Sunny Coast and the Sharks game at Suncorp,but is on the proviso everything stays the same

We'll have 3 home games at that sh*tfull toilet SCStadium while our 2nd home ground at Cbus gets infested with scum and vermin. Couldn't bet enough on it for the nrl to somehow fuk us over.

PVL and co said families will be able to travel up with them but I read somewhere that the families will have to do two weeks quarantine at a separate hotel before joining.That sounds tough and not sure how well that’ll be received by the players and their families

PVL and co said families will be able to travel up with them but I read somewhere that the families will have to do two weeks quarantine at a separate hotel before joining.That sounds tough and not sure how well that’ll be received by the players and their families
The family thing would be a nightmare with kids. Especially school age kids.

sunshine coast stadium is a toilet.
theres 12000 all seater purpose built stadium at redcliffe that the federal and state governments have poured millions into that could be used. great facilities and tv standard lighting
The lighting at Redcliffe is ordinary imo. Been to plenty of a league games there. Otherwise totally agree. The ground itself is good tho and close to the action.
I’m good with the Sunny Coast as it suits me personally. Nice and close to the action there and Tge mother in law lives within walking distance. This weekend aside I will be at all our games there or in Bris cheering the boys on.

Hopefully split between SC and Bris. No chance we would play “home” games on the GC if based at the Sunny Coast. I’m thinking us v Melb at Suncorp. That would be huge.

Ive just heard that the NRL are getting the same treatment as the AFL in regards to how families will treated.If they come up immediately with the players or not long after,they can join the players straight away without quarantine

Staying at Twin Waters works out well for Manly. They have played their full quota of games for the regular season against all of their co-tenants.

We'll have 3 home games at that sh*tfull toilet SCStadium while our 2nd home ground at Cbus gets infested with scum and vermin. Couldn't bet enough on it for the nrl to somehow fuk us over.
Abdo was saying venues may change and even do double headers. The draw and days will stay the same but the venue is subject to change

Here’s one for @Eagle of London . What’s the go over there with C-19? It didn’t seem long ago you guys were testing huge positives and deaths. Yet I see 60,000 at Wembley for the soccer game, then 25,000 at Wimbledon to watch Ash Barty win the title. No one was wearing masks. Interested to know that’s all.

Here’s one for @Eagle of London . What’s the go over there with C-19? It didn’t seem long ago you guys were testing huge positives and deaths. Yet I see 60,000 at Wembley for the soccer game, then 25,000 at Wimbledon to watch Ash Barty win the title. No one was wearing masks. Interested to know that’s all.

It's called getting vaccinated, I reckon.

here's the thing. And hang on to your lunch with these figures (when comparing to the end of the world in Sydney at the moment).

let me start with a NUMBER. 135000...... 135000 Dead here in the last 16 months. this thing is a killer fact.

we hit 25000 positive tests yesterday alone. that number is only going up and they are predicting 50k - 75k per day within 4 weeks. The important figure thou is the hospitalisation and death rate. all thanks to the Vaccine.

The last time We had 25k per day positive tests back in Feb the death rate was over 500 per day peaking at 1268 back in march ( i know taking that in is hard) BUT today we had 33 deaths. that's all thanks to the Vaccine and getting it into people. Simple. End Of! its a game changer.

To your question @wombatgc we are living a pretty normal life the moment. They have increased numbers for the 2 sporting events you mentioned but people are out. cinemas are open and pubs are serving pints. all this despite the above numbers.

I'm sorry to say but the current model of shutting everything down will not work in the long run with this new Variant. Australia did a great job of shutting the borders and saving lives back in 2020 but that time has passed. The delta Strain is too fast and too hard to stop. I hope I'm wrong but i just don't see the authorities getting this back in the bag now its out. That is of course until people start getting the Jab in large numbers.

Thanks for the update @Eagle of London
I couldn't agree more with you - I am based in Melbourne, and whilst lockdowns have done the trick to date, the simple reality is that we need to get the jabs happening. It is the only way to minimise the impact on everyone. This thing will never go away, but the cat is out of the bag now with Delta.

I feel for the sydney folks.... I completely understand how hard it as after doing 4 months of hard lockdown during winter with two kids under 3 in a two bedroom townhouse in melbourne last year. Its horrendous, and the scars last a while on your psyche.

hang in there everyone - this too will pass

Also - the Chinese proverb 'it is a curse to live in interesting times' is a peasants saying. Interesting times normally led to war, and as such the peasant was ripe for conscription or occupation of their lands.... the greatest blessing was to be alive in peaceful ties where you could just get on with your life with your family

And yes - I think we are living in Interesting times.... but at least we are all fighting the same battle, rather than each other

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10