Hub locations for NRL games

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

If Manly are forced to play games away from Sydney, where would should our home games be based?

• Brisbane

Votes: 11 13.1%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Gold Coast

Votes: 41 48.8%
  • Sunshine Coast

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • Townsville

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Canberra

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Wollongong

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 12 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wouldn't be surprised if there are some players who opt out of the big relocation, whether for family or other reasons. There were a couple of Warriors last year who did that.
This season will take on a whole new tone from here.
Some squads might be energised by being away 'in camp', others might flag and become morose.
Interesting times.
May you live in interesting times...
Now wasn't that a Chinese curse - May be appropriate

May you live in interesting times...
Now wasn't that a Chinese curse - May be appropriate
I've never really understood that saying. Do they mean that your lucky if you live in interesting times or do they mean your unlucky if you live in interesting times or do they mean may you survive interesting times. May you make it through the Mongol invasion / opium wars / cultural revolution etc with your head and most of your limbs still attached.

Twin Waters, take the golf clubs boys as it's a nice course.

Jake will taking Turbo's gear for him.
For the golfers out there (like me) how good would it be being based at twin waters for s month with your footy mates. Training, playing footy and hitting seeds!

They’re saying they’ll be all staying on the Gold Coast
It will come down to accommodation I reckon. If the Sunny coast can accommodate 3 teams they will take it. Less populated area too. Personally I’d love for Manly to be based at the SC as the mother in laws house is around the corner from the stadium!

Golf clubs are killing it up here ATM
Maybe they'll take over Royal Pines like the AFL did which will lock out the members and others.

One of my oldest mates lives nearby and is a member, he won't be happy but he's a Manly supporter so will get to watch them if they play at CBUS.

Last edited:

How many people will each of the relocated clubs send to Queensland?​

Several clubs have already prepared players and staff to be ready for a move, with the NRL requiring Apollo bubble lists of 30 players and 11 staff members to be submitted to head office.

This makes it tricky for clubs to decide on their top 30. Do they take players with injuries who may be able to recover in a few weeks time? Does Manly take a few from Blacktown?
I hope Manly publishes the list so that we are properly informed when we post about selection mistakes!

I've never really understood that saying. Do they mean that your lucky if you live in interesting times or do they mean your unlucky if you live in interesting times or do they mean may you survive interesting times. May you make it through the Mongol invasion / opium wars / cultural revolution etc with your head and most of your limbs still attached.
My understanding is "interesting" is an euphemism for difficult, testing, depressing, horrid, basically sob days

My understanding is "interesting" is an euphemism for difficult, testing, depressing, horrid, basically sob days
I wasn't even aware of Chinese proverbs when I said 'Interesting times'. Just that there is such a lot happening these days, not just in footy but all over, including all around the world. And modern communications mean we have access to more information about what's going on than anyone could ever digest.
Didn't mean to imply anyone should be interested in it. Or scared, depressed, etc. Personally I find it (our times) interesting :)

Just keep the hub at Brookie and close the spit and Roseville bridges and blockade Mona Vale Rd and ban travel out of and into the northern beaches

We always get big numbers at either Suncorp or Robina, potentially more at Robina BUT a big part of that would be northern NSW.

So, if they are blocked out it won’t be quite as good.

But better than no crowds that’s for sure.
Yeah well of course the nrl will locate us at Sunshine Coast. Not like we'd get to play in front of the bulk of seq Manly support. Pack of fukwits

sunshine coast stadium is a toilet.
theres 12000 all seater purpose built stadium at redcliffe that the federal and state governments have poured millions into that could be used. great facilities and tv standard lighting

Have to say the impact/risk to the viability of the game over the last couple of years has never been so great. Credit to V'landys and Abdo and co. for being on the front foot with contingency plans before they're pushed.
Their next challenge will be if they can convince the QLD Government to let crowds attend the first 3 weeks (zero crowds per story above). They'll be needing the gate dollars big time.
And credit to the Warriors for their continued sacrifice for the good of the game, far from home, uprooted again.

87677C75-99A5-43CF-BE56-1C1CD9C846DC.jpeg

could be worse than us relocating to QLD you could support this team :):):):)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11