Hub locations for NRL games

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

If Manly are forced to play games away from Sydney, where would should our home games be based?

• Brisbane

Votes: 11 13.1%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Gold Coast

Votes: 41 48.8%
  • Sunshine Coast

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • Townsville

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Canberra

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Wollongong

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 12 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sheridanstand78

First Grader
I understand that the NRL is considering establishing some hubs away from Sydney to ensure that games get played for the last 8 weeks of the competition.

It is clear that we are likely to be in some sort of lockdown for the next month minimum and restrictions will only be eased bit by bit.

I know its all hypothetical, where do you think it would be good for Manly to be based, if we are not able to play games in Sydney?

I started a little poll to get peoples votes and please feel free to put your ideas if the NRL do this.

I’ve voted both Brisbane and the Goldie, not because I’m based there but because I know we have huge support in northern NSW/Goldie/Brizvegas.

We’d get almost none in Canberra or Melbourne.

I would have liked Central Coast, but don't they fall into Greater Sydney along with Wollongong?
I agree, but yes the stay-at-home order unfortunately applies to Central Coast, as well as Greater Sydney, Blue Mountains, Wollongong, Shellharbour.

We'd get over 10K to every game at Cbus Robina. Gold Coast and Bris has plenty of Manly supporters and if we play the Dragon there it will be 15k easy. No brainer decision IMHO. But I am biased living on the GC.
And if we have to later on in the season play home final and last few home games at Gosford if it means we may get crowds at our home games. We won’t be having crowds I suspect in Sydney until at the earliest mid to late august if we are lucky.

It is looking like this is going to happen. The escalating problem in Sydney is going to make it tough to continue things here. The fact that the NSW government has now banned Newcastle from hosting the game with fans seems to indicate to me that the NSW clubs are going to head north and play their home games up there.

If we are force into this I would hope we play on the Gold Coast as we have a lot of fans up there and its a good stadium.

If it happens I would be totally gutted as I brought tickets to all our remaining home games and the loss of home ground advantage is blow as we have 5 of our last 8 as home games.

The NRL will be forced into this by this wretched pandemic and its sad that we are going to miss out on live footy.

From my years of going to Cbus, there will be a few teams happy to go. As far as crowd support goes, the Warriors, Souths, and Parramatta get good support. But none better than Manly (and I’m being totally unbiased). I’ve been at games there where I’ve actually felt sorry for the Titans fans being outnumbered, out-enthused, on their own home ground.

Cairns - because I am selfish. There are quite a few Sea Eagles supporters here - and the Cowboys don't bring any games here, so Manly might grab a new audience.
Hey I'm leaving Newie at 12pm tomorrow with family to Port Douglas for 14 days...we are worried we will be in lock down before the plane lands?

I’ve only been to one game on the Gold Coast and we lost. In saying that as long as we get based somewhere in SE Qld I’d be happy. Would love to get to the Manly v Melb game or other games if it’s an option.

Taking the Fans out of it completely Im voting the GC. fast track and mild winter of the GC suits our current speed game perfectly. We always look a little slower at home and i feel its more to do with the pitch than anything else.

Hey I'm leaving Newie at 12pm tomorrow with family to Port Douglas for 14 days...we are worried we will be in lock down before the plane lands?
From what I can see you're okay, but don't quote me on it (check QLD Health website tomorrow) because sometimes things change rapidly. I was gonna go up to Port Douglas next Wed to watch Origin with some Northern Beaches mates, but they're all in lockdown now (at least I don't have to drive back to work super tired on Thursday).
Hope it all works out and when you get back, lockdown might be done in Sydney...

It is looking like this is going to happen. The escalating problem in Sydney is going to make it tough to continue things here. The fact that the NSW government has now banned Newcastle from hosting the game with fans seems to indicate to me that the NSW clubs are going to head north and play their home games up there.

If we are force into this I would hope we play on the Gold Coast as we have a lot of fans up there and its a good stadium.

If it happens I would be totally gutted as I brought tickets to all our remaining home games and the loss of home ground advantage is blow as we have 5 of our last 8 as home games.

The NRL will be forced into this by this wretched pandemic and its sad that we are going to miss out on live footy.
And we as you said we are one team which has a bulk of our home games to come very heavily back ended season of home games..I know we haven't been playing well at home but we as a club are probably going to be most affected..playing manly at brookvale or Gold Coast I know where team's would like to play us.

I sadly think we won't be playing at home again this season.

Last edited:
From my years of going to Cbus, there will be a few teams happy to go. As far as crowd support goes, the Warriors, Souths, and Parramatta get good support. But none better than Manly (and I’m being totally unbiased). I’ve been at games there where I’ve actually felt sorry for the Titans fans being outnumbered, out-enthused, on their own home ground.
There's titans fans?
Who knew

Let's move the comp and all the teams to Betoota. The Advocate can add some journalistic integrity to the coverage. Set up a tent city for all the players and their families. Fence the place like its full of illegal immigrants. A rolled up swag, a billy on the fire, stout boots and big hats. Australia's best sport finally gets some outback cred.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8