GAME DAY - Manly v Raiders [Round 23, 2015] Toovey Farewell Tour

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
A player who is out of play may again take part in the game when the advantage gained by not retiring has been lost.

Interesting how vague this section is. The player can take part in the 'game' when the advantage has been lost. It would have been clearer to say 'play', since that is obviously what it means. By what criteria is it ruled as to whether an advantage has been gained? No wonder the game is a basket case.

In any case, in retreating back rather than waiting for the play to come to him, its clear that Snake nullified the advantage.

It will be interesting to see if the Refs contest the MSMs black and white interpretation that snake was offside. .

Rapana the Raiders winger was charged.
However, Jorge was penalized plus charged by the MRC:mad:

Manly need to fight this as another camera angle should show Jorge's arms away from his body ie no shoulder charge

Awesome, thanks

As I read it the player needs to retire behind the play the ball, the time of this is not specified to be at the time of the play the ball.

Therefore when Brett jogs back behind the play the ball (highlights 3:30 clearly shows this) he has put himself back into the game.

Fair try

I initial felt this was the case.

But a perusal of the rules state that (a) Brett is not 'offside' but instead 'out of play', and (b) he can't be involved in the play unless he retires back to the point of the play the ball. Checking the tape, he does start walking back to the play-the-ball line but stops two metres short of making the ground, as he turns to support the break from JSLs play.

Technically, he had no play at being involved. BUT there is also scope for the refs to allow a player back into the play if their original positioning does not constitute an advantage (effectively turning Brett from out-of-play to offside, then made on-side once JSLs surge saw him cart the ball past the point that Brett was standing).

It would have been a travesty to overturn it given the on-field refs saw no case against Stewart in the lead up, and not a single Raider complained on the field.

whats this crap from Voss saying we won with an illegal play,and sticky saying they should have won.Dont forget you got one try with an intercept and Brett being held of trying to get to the ball again

But a perusal of the rules state that (a) Brett is not 'offside' but instead 'out of play', and (b) he can't be involved in the play unless he retires back to the point of the play the ball. Checking the tape, he does start walking back to the play-the-ball line but stops two metres short of making the ground, as he turns to support the break from JSLs play.

Technically, he had no play at being involved. BUT there is also scope for the refs to allow a player back into the play if their original positioning does not constitute an advantage (effectively turning Brett from out-of-play to offside, then made on-side once JSLs surge saw him cart the ball past the point that Brett was standing).

It would have been a travesty to overturn it given the on-field refs saw no case against Stewart in the lead up, and not a single Raider complained on the field.

I remember the days of the 'fake injury' ruse, where a player would pretend to be injured, in front of the play the ball, then jump up and support the dummy half runner. Worked a treat!
Don;t tell me that was illegal?

I remember the days of the 'fake injury' ruse, where a player would pretend to be injured, in front of the play the ball, then jump up and support the dummy half runner. Worked a treat!
Don;t tell me that was illegal?
Morris, coming back from the dead to run GI down in last year SOO :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Calm people it's all good. If the media are laying into us over some fictional illegality then it means we've got them all reeling back scared as hell. I love it when the moron masses start getting irritated at us winning again. @:p

Calm people it's all good. If the media are laying into us over some fictional illegality then it means we've got them all reeling back scared as hell. I love it when the moron masses start getting irritated at us winning again. @:p
Spot on there, its starting to feel like 2011 again :) The more they hate us the better we go.

All this really does is highlight just how brilliant Brett Stewart really is. He had run through in support of the previous play and found himself in front of the play-the-ball with 2 minutes left on the clock. Instead of retreating back into the line for a breather before possibly getting involved in the next play, he kept his head in the game and turned to see what was happening (experience and concentration). Without that, we don't have a player inside DCE to score the winning try.

upload_2015-8-17_17-33-31.png
http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2015/08/17/team_song_v_raiders.html
11899770_10153498833095993_3256839914448226928_n.jpg

Team song - poor Matai can't clap with his broken hand :inlove:

I reckon that late try and the win have put another 5k on the gate for this weekend -assuming weather is good.

A loss and basically out of finals crowd would be 13k to 14k. The win should see a crowd in 18k vicinity.

Bugger Ricky and all the other whingers. That try was beautiful.
Just for fun Manly should seriously question the legality of Snake being held off the ball previously. It would be a good point to make.

Snake can really do it all! I think winning a game off an illegal play was the last thing to cross off the list.

Seriously though, his involvement in the tackle before the one where we scored was confusing. We made 25-30 metres in a hit-up and he was running ahead of the player with the ball for the entire run.

Its closer than 2m even. His foot touches the Nrl banner at the narrow end and Jorge plays is about half a metre short of that so he was as close as the raiders pass went forward for their try in the end.

I reckon that late try and the win have put another 5k on the gate for this weekend -assuming weather is good.

A loss and basically out of finals crowd would be 13k to 14k. The win should see a crowd in 18k vicinity.

Doubt it. Based on the last game at brookie where 15K felt like 17-18K (the standing crowd was a long way down the hill and it was packed there) we will get 16K and be sold out.

120000 people packed in shoulder to shoulder at Knebworth works fine. 6K on the Brookie hill need two stupid 10m wide strips of open grass to keep some safety thing. Going to look stupid one day when there are hundreds outside the gate locked out while the hill isn't allowed to be filled.

I'm glad that f#rking long drive was not for nothing!!!! Killer today was inspirational- in the second half in particular taking the ball up like a prop in our twenty when they were on top!!!
I reckon there as more maroon there than green. The numpty ground announcer telling us we would have a long drive home. Well it was a long drive home but a happy one. I bet the raiders supporters would have swapped it for a win.
:)

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8