GAME DAY - Manly v Raiders [Round 23, 2015] Toovey Farewell Tour

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Excuse my ignorance but I'd love to know why Snake gets tackled without the ball, stopping him from picking it up and leading to Canberra scoring their last try, is not a penalty? Isn't that illegal?
Id love to hear something on this, how can someone take out a someone without the ball, oh thats right we got penalised for it late in the game

yep Stewart getting dragged off the ball was ridiculous.
The swinging arm into Jake was nasty and the late tackle when Lyon was on the ground, already tackled and held was a dog act.

We didn't have a whole lot go our way with some average calls and Jake etc, but looks like we finally got a bit of luck! Apparently he was in front of the initial play the ball.

@AndrewVossy: Confirmation Brett Stewart was offside in matchwinning try for @SeaEagles v @RaidersCanberra .Cannot be run on side. @FOXNRL

Just watched the replay of the try, and yeah he was offside, by about 2 metres. But too be fair it would have been a tough call as no body would have been watching him. Only an issue if it went upstairs.

Nice to see something go our way. :)

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...manly-sea-eagles/story-e6frf3ru-1227485830913

He looks so shady in that picture, a perfect representation imo.
I don't even know where it came from but it's just the perfect Todd Greenturd picture. It's almost "Mr Burns" like in the way it represents his shady nature lol..

That low tackling style is what stopped Souths dead in their tracks last week. It halts the momentum and if you want to get "technical" then watch the other players that came in over the top and slow the play-the-ball down while Jake gets back into the defensive line to do it all again.
Didn't i just say that in my original post in relation to "containers" what i am saying is it does not happen all the time and there are times he is left behind or the player is chopped down quickly but is lying face down. Yeah big deal you chopped a big player down in his tracks but in the perfect position for a quick play the ball, also a worry if he rushes out of the line and does the same tackle not working in unison with containers to slow it down, or they get there late and seen as flops.

I love the tackling style and wish there was more of it but lets not over hype it because it is not seen as often now or because he is a young new favourite and he can do no wrong.

Jake gets his head in the wrong position many times and will be heading to the concussion sidelines more often as a result.

If you want to get "technical" watch how often he gets his head in the wrong position and time the play the ball speed when he does not work in timing with containers, or Ballin having to put a hand on the ball to allow Jake to get back and we get hand on the ball penalties.

Not saying this tackling style does not have its advantage at times but lets not overstate them off the back of being a fan of the youngster.

Id love to hear something on this, how can someone take out a someone without the ball, oh thats right we got penalised for it late in the game
I'm glad I'm not the only one left wondering......it infuriated me @:mad:

A picture speaketh a thousand words my friend ;)
View attachment 2178
A picture speaketh a thousand words my friend ;)
View attachment 2178
Fck he is a corrupt, smug prick. I still don't understand all these media guys who supported his appointment as head of football? This is the guy who was well aware of ben barbers situation (while ceo of the dirty dogs) and blatantly disregarded his well being and now he rules on player welfare.....the nrl treat the fans of this sport like daft pricks its a fckn outrage imo.

Didn't i just say that in my original post in relation to "containers" what i am saying is it does not happen all the time and there are times he is left behind or the player is chopped down quickly but is lying face down. Yeah big deal you chopped a big player down in his tracks but in the perfect position for a quick play the ball, also a worry if he rushes out of the line and does the same tackle not working in unison with containers to slow it down, or they get there late and seen as flops.

I love the tackling style and wish there was more of it but lets not over hype it because it is not seen as often now or because he is a young new favourite and he can do no wrong.

Jake gets his head in the wrong position many times and will be heading to the concussion sidelines more often as a result.

If you want to get "technical" watch how often he gets his head in the wrong position and time the play the ball speed when he does not work in timing with containers, or Ballin having to put a hand on the ball to allow Jake to get back and we get hand on the ball penalties.

Not saying this tackling style does not have its advantage at times but lets not overstate them off the back of being a fan of the youngster.
I saw him contain the Burgess boys at Brookie last week, so that's all the evidence I need to determine the effectiveness of this style. I actually think he could revolutionise the game, and the style could really come back into vogue, especially as the interchange is reduced and the contact up top softens up a little bit and the play-the-ball slows down.

I don't personally have anything against you, I mean I don't know you, but I am calling bull**** on you being anything other than a fan with an inflated sense of self intelligence regarding the mechanics of rugby league. Sure, you know more than the casual onlooker, but so do all of us.

I saw him contain the Burgess boys at Brookie last week, so that's all the evidence I need to determine the effectiveness of this style. I actually think he could revolutionise the game, and the style could really come back into vogue, especially as the interchange is reduced and the contact up top softens up a little bit and the play-the-ball slows down.

I don't personally have anything against you, I mean I don't know you, but I am calling bull**** on you being anything other than a fan with an inflated sense of self intelligence regarding the mechanics of rugby league. Sure, you know more than the casual onlooker, but so do all of us.
I've sat on the sidelines for most of this year due to all the low quality Womans Day threads and all the negative threads in relation to Foran but also did not feel the need to add my "technical" input due to the flood of responses you have been offering that is bordering on pathetic in there numbers.

Don't give me this passive aggressive crap of "i don't have anything against you" then follow that up with "i'm calling bull****" to something i have never claimed to be and when i did it was playing up to the belief of others for the fun of it---obvious to the well rounded balanced minds here sorry to say you don't fall into that category it "appears".

I offered an observation stated my case agree or disagree no need for anything more, or do you not like it when others have a technical view of things and want the limelight all to yourself "LOL"

Tech coach I think your insights are valuable and I have missed your input of late. You do come up with things that I don't see, and I don't regard myself as "technical" anyway.

So take any criticism from me with a grain of salt. Everyone here is having a little fun and venting. Following Manly is emotional.

NYEagle

In frustration I was weeding the garden for the middle 20 mins of the 2nd half. I snuck a look at the iPad in time to see the matchwinner.

It was always going to be tough down there in Canberra today.

Did the same mate
But pruned with a chain saw
Fucn mess but who cares now
Was our danger game
And so happy to be able to win ugly
We have a real chance

That is my concern too. Attacking the hip area gives the best outcome in terms of tackle effectiveness, but it's high risk for head knocks

I've sat on the sidelines for most of this year due to all the low quality Womans Day threads and all the negative threads in relation to Foran but also did not feel the need to add my "technical" input due to the flood of responses you have been offering that is bordering on pathetic in there numbers.

Don't give me this passive aggressive crap of "i don't have anything against you" then follow that up with "i'm calling bull****" to something i have never claimed to be and when i did it was playing up to the belief of others for the fun of it---obvious to the well rounded balanced minds here sorry to say you don't fall into that category it "appears".

I offered an observation stated my case agree or disagree no need for anything more, or do you not like it when others have a technical view of things and want the limelight all to yourself "LOL"
It's not passive aggressive...it's just that the very premise of your persona on this forum is that of a "know it all" and I remember you claiming to be something a while back, and I get the feeling from some of your ravings that you are just a passionate rugby league supporter rather than say Graham Lowe or someone of the like...all good anyway, you have every right to voice your opinion.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10