GAME DAY - Manly v Raiders [Round 23, 2015] Toovey Farewell Tour

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
RAIDERS V SEA EAGLES - SUN 16 AUGUST, 2.00PM, GIO STADIUM

VENUE: GIO STADIUM NRL KICK OFF: 2.00PM [FOX]
REFEREE: Matt Cecchin
ASSIST REFEREE: David Munro
VIDEO REFEREES: Shayne Hayne, Luke Phillips
TOUCH JUDGES: Michael Wise ,Rick MacFarlane

STANDBY TJ: Matt Noyen JERSEY COLOUR: Teal

Raiders
1 Jack Wighton
2 Edrick Lee
3 Jarrod Croker (c)
4 Sisa Waqa
5 Jordan Rapana
6 Blake Austin
7 Sam Williams
8 Frank Paul Nuuausala
9 Josh Hodgson
10 David Shillington
11 Josh Papalii
12 Mitchell Barnett
13 Shaun Fensom

Interchange
14 Kurt Baptiste
15 Jarrad Kennedy
16 Paul Vaughan
17 Shannon Boyd

Coach: Ricky Stuart
Sea Eagles
1 Brett Stewart
2 Jorge Taufua
3 Jamie Lyon (c)
4 Steve Matai
5 Peta Hiku
6 Kieran Foran
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
8 Jake Trbojevic
9 Matt Ballin
10 Josh Starling
11 Feleti Mateo
12 Justin Horo
13 Blake Leary

Interchange
14 Jesse Sene-Lefao
15 Michael Chee Kam
16 James Hasson
17 Ligi Sao
18 Brenton Lawrence

Coach: Geoff Toovey

Here is the latest on the Sea Eagles injury list heading into Round 23 against Canberra Raiders this Sunday.

Dunamis Lui (knee) Rd 24

Tom Symonds (knee) Rd 24

Luke Burgess (knee) season

Jamie Buhrer (knee) season

Clinton Gutherson (knee) season

upload_2015-8-11_7-50-49.png

CL8-i5nWEAAMWfm.jpg

Soar into 7th spot Manly :clap:

Last edited:
Every one of the last 4 games are the MIGOTY now, I don't think we can afford to even lose 1.

This weekend is no easy task, but if the Tigpies can do it so can we.

Imperative that we win - if we do expect a crowd on near 20k on a sunny Sunday afternoon against parra the following week.

Come on boys you can do it! even without our willie

It's great that we have an afternoon game, so the track should be hard and fast - Win BIG Manly! :inlove:

Watching that headbutt charge - Wow
How many times has JWH done exactly the same headbutt since the 2013 GF - without penalty :banghead:

The equation is pretty simple now, win 1 more game than the dogs and or dragons and then its a F/A battle.

It looks to be in the top 9 now

If we want to make the 8, we have to win all 4 of our games.

The Dogs and Dragoons have a much easier run than we do. The donkeys let us down by letting the dogs win.

Was I seeing things. Last night it looked to me like Weighton caught the bomb on the full behind his goal line. The Tigpies stopped, and he instigated a 100 metre Canberra try that should have won them the game.
What amazed me is that the ref awarded a try without going to the video? WTF? They go to the video for the lamest reasons, yet when there is considerable doubt they don't!

Was I seeing things. Last night it looked to me like Weighton caught the bomb on the full behind his goal line. The Tigpies stopped, and he instigated a 100 metre Canberra try that should have won them the game.
What amazed me is that the ref awarded a try without going to the video? WTF? They go to the video for the lamest reasons, yet when there is considerable doubt they don't!
It's called playing to the whistle as the Ref was giving the advantage .
I have seen it done a few times. @:cool:

Did anyone on here see the NSW Cup game last week???

If so is BJ anywhere near ready for a call up?

Massive danger game.

When we last played these clowns it was perhaps the WORST performance I've seen by a Manly side in the modern era.

We turn up, play well we will get by these guys and do it comfortably. Cannot say I'm confident yet though!

[QUOTE="KOMORI, post: 719788, member: 3260] Cannot say I'm confident yet though![/QUOTE]
Ha! I have not been confident at the start of any game I've watched Manly play in the last 4 decades.
Guess I just keep coming back for that adrenaline fix!!

Whoever puts the Manly colours on just needs to channel the tuffness and determination of a former Manly half-back named G.Toovey.

Massive danger game.

When we last played these clowns it was perhaps the WORST performance I've seen by a Manly side in the modern era.
That was not the true Manly. I'm sure we'll be ON for this match. We have everything to play for. The Faders are basically out of the top 8 race now. I'm expecting a big win. It's the most confident I've been all season.

Huge loss Willie being out suspended. Has been great with jake in the first 20 mins. Starling is a plodder, I can see Canberra running over Manly at the start, and we have a very small bench. If the forwards dont aim up, could be trouble for manly.

Would love a 4th consecutive win by 20+ points but the boys still have to take the Raiders seriously. The Raiders are still a chance because of their p/d if they win every game left in this season. It's up to us if we want to end their run completely or let it continue.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2