Game Day - Manly v Cowboys [Round 12, 2015]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think the boys played great tonight, everyone's underestimating the Cowboys talent. They never say die and that's JTs influence. How many games has JT won in the last minute this year. Our defence was awesome and if you add DCE or Blake Austin our attack would have been match winning.
If you are going to add players that aren't in our team and aren't coming to our team like Austin then I reckon you are better off recruiting better imaginary players ireckon we add Cronk, Thurston & Cameron Smith and we win that game tonight. .

Exactly ! Kiwi Eagle has rode in and had a go at people for finding faults in specific plays.

Years past under Des, we would have closed out that game. I wonder if Cronk, Smith and Slaters mentality is to die with a ball, because they MIGHT screw up?

No, they shut the game down with confidence.

I cant believe the team, and nkw a component of fans have become excuse makers now. Thats normally reserved for the last placed team - oh wait......

It goes further than finding a fault in a specific play, and you know that Ryan. If it wasn't Foran that made that play, wouldn't be hearing too much about it. Facts are he is a hated man these days so anything he does is magnified and zoomed in on

Anyway mate I'm over it again, time for another holiday from here

The boot was on the other foot tonight, how many times have we done that to opposition teams, played awful but found a way to snatch it. Our attack has been struggling all year, thats down to so much disruption. we really need more variety with our attack, we do not create enough around the ruck.
As much as i am filthy that we lost, I couldn't agree more with your comments. The Injury crisis has been massive. We are constantly chopping and changing combinations every week and it shows when the last pass doesn't hit its man etc. Some really good positives though. Jake T has gotten better every game to the point now where he looks like he has been playing rep footy for years. Leary is also in this category and could be our next Owen Cunningham. Tom T has all the makings of a rep superstar and barring injury will be special for us. Ligi Sao is going great too. so plenty of positives.

Why thank god? We lost you nuffy

It was sarcasm. We needed a repeat set plain and simple in that Foran last play. JT, Cronk and others most of all would have closed that out.

We arent excuse makers. We need to be better. You can praise 3 wins from 12 on the season if you like.

I expect more.

We achieve that one thing in this game, we come away with 2 points, Toovey may have been secure, the heats off the playing group etc etc etc.

It meant a lot - yes that ONE play, and.people are saying what he did was the % play?

Anyway, im off to bed. No reason to dwell on another loss. It's our lot this year

We lost. Harden up. That close to a win that it obviously hurt. But the constant hate agendas on here are more than annoying. Go support the Eels you slime lovers.

Happens when a team loses 9 from 12 Backer, and heading for the club's first ever spoon in 60 years.

People get passionate, and disappointed.

Don't know if telling people they are annoying, and to piss off to support the Eels is the answer?

I see people debating certain plays and players, without make it personal? Not sure what your looking to achieve?

Man I think I woke the whole neighbourhood after that game .... Such a disappointment to go down like that in the last minute.

Really with what the Cowboys dished up tonight we should of won by a bit - but we were ineffective with our attack at stages and miss tackles cost us tonight also.

Really after that defeat tonight our season is over in terms of making the 8 even if it was not before tonight. I still think we won't get the spoon and we will upset a few of the top teams.

Broncos next weekend don't like our chances- early prediction them by 8 then the bye followed by the Tigers at Brookvale oval on June 19 who I think are going to be in for a world of pain .. Manly by 14+

Hang in the fellow manly tragics - tonight was tough to take and the rest of this season won't be easy.

This year just isn't our year
Might take a few years but we will be back fighting for a top 8 spot.

Not giving up on my the team I love.

We will win a few games soon, If we put that effort in we will be fine. We can play so much better., good to see the scrambling defence doing better but we still have do to something about stopping the opposition go forward, agains we conceded 1800 metres tonight, its a killer.

It goes further than finding a fault in a specific play, and you know that Ryan. If it wasn't Foran that made that play, wouldn't be hearing too much about it. Facts are he is a hated man these days so anything he does is magnified and zoomed in on

Anyway mate I'm over it again, time for another holiday from here

Nah, it's all good. If it were Lyon, or say Trbojevic or another one of my favorites, my point and feeling would be the same.

Apart from that play, and his lapse in defense, i think everyone would agree, Foran had a cracking game, and i know personally i was crynging at the thought of him playing.like that for the eels

No doubt Foz played well and really tried hard tonight.
He was 5m out on our last set,and you expect the top playmakers in the game to execute when it counts.

Last edited:
i was excited with 9 to go so much that i dropped my last beer and got pissed off and went outside. Came back in and we had lost. That one was ours. Shame we lost but at least we all support Manly and no one else. That's a win for me just not 2 points. Proud of the guys tonight, there out there playing and i'm drinking beer and complaining. I know where i would rather be. Win or lose.

From the train wreck of this season we are seeing the emergence of the Turbo brothers, Blake Leary and Ligi Sao, these guys are learning their craft and games like tonight are great experience for them. I have a lot of faith that we will be strong again soon with the calibre of guys like that in the team, all we need now is some wise investment in our halves and we will be ok.

Dude I know it was sarcasm, I was being sarcastic too.

I won't be dwelling on this loss trust me, but maybe you should take some of your own advice. You keep going on in your posts about our wins vs losses and fair enough it isn't looking too great and I, like most people on here am disappointed with it but I'm definitely not preparing nooses because of it.

Foz taking that last tackle option, was it the right thing to do? Who knows - he could have kicked the grubber and try for the repeat set, it go dead and they get 7 tackles from their 20. You would still have your pitchfork out regardless of his action. Not one man lost it tonight as people have already said - if tommy t had better ball security or if killer converted all tries it was a team effort and us losing the way we did sums up our year.

I honestly think over the last month we have showed some promise, and the table seems pretty congested. Contract sagas, future of our coach and a decimated squad has contributed to our year so far, its been said our centres and halves pairing haven't played a game together this year, and I think in the last couple of years both pairings have been the best in the game
- there is 14 rounds to go and I think with chez coming back and foz (hopefully fingers crossed) playing with some of the heart he showed tonight we'll go on a bit of a roll starting with the donkeys on Friday night up at Suncorp - we have a fairly good track record up there. Hopefully in the meantime we hear so good news re Cherry's flip, tooves future. What do you guys think the cut off for the 8 is? Could it be a miracle we scrape through? 14 rounds to go

I can't blame the players - they have been putting in most weeks this year.
But no matter how hard Manly tries, its just not meant to be.
Sure, they'll make a run late in the year, but it will be too late and they'll miss the 8 by 2 or 4 points.

There are positives. The team is learning the good grind, and a good defensive structure. I think this will give this team a base of toughness and commitment that will be great in the coming years.

As much as it hurts to say, 2015 is the gap year. How long until 2016 trials?

NYEagle

• I'm as gutted as anyone with tonights game, but the boys gave 100% and I'm proud of them. Given our injuries and guys playing out of position, and even being reshuffled during the game, we could have got absolutely rolled tonight. But we didn't. The cowboys gifted us a lot of ball in the second half and we just couldn't finish them off, it wasn't through lack of trying. Jake T was incredible, charged the ball up all night and was belting guys in defence too. Tom T will be dirty on himself for not finishing off that try but he scored a great one too, he's only going to get better. Blake Leary had a cracker too. Whether you like him or hate him, Foran gave it everything tonight. Clearly at the end he was playing the percentages, didn't want to risk putting the ball out and giving them 7 tackles. He backed our defence as he should have to keep them out for one final set. We could't do it, that's what f***ing hurts so much... Granville is a hell of a player, he wanted it and made it happen.

I think Manly will be a team that other teams will want to avoid in the 2nd half of the season, the effort that was lacking is back, once we get some troops back in the pack we will be stronger, the difference in the last 20 minutes tonight was Taumololo, We could not handle him and his runs wore us out in the end. If we had had him in our team we would have won tonight.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8