Game Day - Manly v Cowboys [Round 12, 2015]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So these days our best is not good enough to beat a Cowboys team that kicked the ball out on the full 3 times and probably only completed 3 sets in a whole half. A team with Stewart, Lyon, Matai, Foran & Ballin in it should not be as bloody bad as we are

You can't turn confidence & form on like a switch. It takes weeks of both hard work and plenty of luck. They've been working hard the past month but without much luck in the last 2 weeks. The main thing is, they're getting better and with a full team are capable of beating anybody.

Totally agree mate. Thanks for being positive. Go manly.

Hiku is helpless in first grade period 2 errors a hogged ball and he was on top of the bloke and then what tweaked his nips?
I did notice Hiku's reluctance to pass to Tom T on more than one occasion. Is it because he will keep Hiku's spot once Cherry comes back?

Hang on, so your saying he couldnt achieve a repeat set, because he'd just automatically kick it dead?

Wow.

Guess what, dying with the ball, in a submissive tackle DEFINITELY gifts the opposition the ball.

Im sorry i expect the highest paid player in the NRL to play smart there.

How many repeat sets we get all night? 0 isn't it ?

We got 1 matter of fact. Same as the cows

Did anyone go into this game thinking we could win? I didn't and they got that close. Remember they are playing the in form team of the comp at their home ground and almost had it. Disappointed they lost but great effort to push them all the way.

even if they won ppl would have been "need to improve as it was too close blah blah blah" Ppl just need to look at things realistically and realise that it's not the end of the world.

Go Manly!!!

We lost to a team that had won 8 on the trot. Their completion rate was ordinary but their defence was very solid. And all things aside really the only thing that cost us the game was bad luck.

Bad luck Tom T dropped the ball over the line
Bad luck to miss a few tackles in the last defensive set
Bad luck to miss a few conversions

We're not likely to make the 8 this year but all things considered I'll be happy if Parra end up with the spoon over us.

Always next week, don't forget the cows are hot at the minute, we play like this every week we dodge a spoon and finish in a respectable position, the slime can have the spoon again......& again & again.
Trouble is all these ****ty losses in the last minute are keeping us in spoon zone.

Remember when manly would back themselves? Seems any lead is good enough. I've got an idea. Try and get more than 2 points ahead. A grubber may have resulted in a try.

Exactly ! Kiwi Eagle has rode in and had a go at people for finding faults in specific plays.

Years past under Des, we would have closed out that game. I wonder if Cronk, Smith and Slaters mentality is to die with a ball, because they MIGHT screw up?

No, they shut the game down with confidence.

I cant believe the team, and nkw a component of fans have become excuse makers now. Thats normally reserved for the last placed team - oh wait......

Im sorry i expect the highest paid player in the NRL to play smart there.

How many repeat sets we get all night? 0 isn't it ?

Yeah... I still believe you're being harsh on him... but fair enough.... I'm not gonna sit here and defend that c**** Slime wannabee. He's not worth the effort.

Yeah... I still believe you're being harsh on him... but fair enough.... I'm not gonna sit here and defend that c**** Slime wannabee. He's not worth the effort.

Fair enough. Agree as well. Best to agree to disagree. He's not worth it.

I guess im just saying the team has.lost it's killer instinct and confidence.

I think the boys played great tonight, everyone's underestimating the Cowboys talent. They never say die and that's JTs influence. How many games has JT won in the last minute this year. Our defence was awesome and if you add DCE or Blake Austin our attack would have been match winning.

I think the boys played great tonight, everyone's underestimating the Cowboys talent. They never say die and that's JTs influence. How many games has JT won in the last minute this year. Our defence was awesome and if you add DCE or Blake Austin our attack would have been match winning.

Issue is we lost 9 from 12 games this season. How do we account for that? No other team has lost that often?

^ Did we get a single penalty in that second half? Couldn't buy one when they were miles offside defending their line, or when some bloke lying down at behind the marker tackled Ballin out of dummy half, and it could have made all the difference.
Didn't deserve to lose that one but it's just been that kind of year.

The disappointment is there because teams are doing to us
What we in the past would have done to them,
because of all the injuries and players leaving it just will be a year to hopefully avoid the spoon, some news on signings and
2016 Can't come quick enough.

The boot was on the other foot tonight, how many times have we done that to opposition teams, played awful but found a way to snatch it. Our attack has been struggling all year, thats down to so much disruption. we really need more variety with our attack, we do not create enough around the ruck.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8