Game Day - Manly v Cowboys [Round 12, 2015]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
COWBOYS V SEA EAGLES - SAT 30 MAY, 7:30PM, 1300SMILES STADIUM

Cowboys
1 Lachlan Coote
2 Matthew Wright
3 Justin O'Neill
4 Kane Linnett
5 Antonio Winterstein
6 Michael Morgan
7 Johnathan Thurston (c)
8 Matthew Scott (c)
9 Jake Granville
10 James Tamou
11 Gavin Cooper
12 Ethan Lowe
13 Jason Taumalolo

Interchange
14 Ray Thompson
15 Ben Spina
16 Ben Hannant
17 Sam Hoare
18 John Asiata
19 Rory Kostjasyn
20 Patrick Kaufusi
Coach: Paul Green

Sea Eagles
1 Brett Stewart
2 Jorge Taufua
3 Jamie Lyon (c)
4 Steve Matai
5 Peta Hiku
6 Tom Symonds
7 Kieran Foran :confused:
8 Jake Trbojevic
9 Matt Ballin
10 Luke Burgess
11 Blake Leary
12 Justin Horo
13 Dunamis Lui

Interchange
14 Feleti Mateo
15 Willie Mason
16 James Hasson
17 Ligi Sao

Coach: Geoff Toovey

GAME: COWBOYS V SEA EAGLES DATE: SATURDAY 30TH MAY, 2015
VENUE: 1300SMILES STADIUM NRL KICK OFF: 7.30PM [FOX]
REFEREE: Ashley Klein
VIDEO REFEREES: Steve Chiddy, Steve Folkes
ASSIST REFEREE: Henry Perenara
TOUCH JUDGES: Michael Wise, Belinda Sleeman

STANDBY TJ: Liam Kennedy
JERSEY COLOUR: Red

Last edited:
COWBOYS V SEA EAGLES - SAT 30 MAY, 7:30PM, 1300SMILES STADIUM

Cowboys
1 Lachlan Coote
2 Matthew Wright
3 Justin O'Neill
4 Kane Linnett
5 Antonio Winterstein
6 Michael Morgan
7 Johnathan Thurston (c)
8 Matthew Scott (c)
9 Jake Granville
10 James Tamou
11 Gavin Cooper
12 Ethan Lowe
13 Jason Taumalolo

Interchange
14 Ray Thompson
15 Ben Spina
16 Ben Hannant
17 Sam Hoare
18 John Asiata
19 Rory Kostjasyn
20 Patrick Kaufusi
Coach: Paul Green

Sea Eagles
1 Brett Stewart
2 Jorge Taufua
3 Jamie Lyon (c)
4 Steve Matai
5 Peta Hiku
6 Tom Symonds
7 Kieran Foran :confused:
8 Jake Trbojevic
9 Matt Ballin
10 Luke Burgess
11 Blake Leary
12 Justin Horo
13 Dunamis Lui

Interchange
14 Feleti Mateo
15 Willie Mason
16 James Hasson
17 Ligi Sao

Coach: Geoff Toovey
I'd prefer Hiku to centre, Tom T on wing, Jamie at 6, Symonds to the backrow, Horo to bench, Hasson to NSW Cup. Kieran and Tom in the 7 and 6 against Cowboys up there is suicide in my opinion.

We need Thurston,Scott,Tamou and Morgan not 2 back up from soo or we are in a world of hurt. What's Toovey's fascination with playing Symonds as 5/8? Lyon 5/8 Hiku centre and Tom on the wing.

^ In other bad news, Taumalolo made a successful return from injury last week. I usually love watching him run. Maybe not so much this weekend…

This could get very ugly
But I don't expect it
Would not surprise me if we go up there and win - Cowboys have to have an off game shortly and think it will be Saturday night- they can't win every game up to round 26.
I think we will win by 14-10
Upset of the season so far!!

WOW. Tooves, you've lost me. To not pick Hodges and Tom Turbo after proven failures by Hasson, and having no dummy half impact in the closing stages of matches . . .
It may be time to change coaches. It's the first time I've thought it, but to keep the same team (actually a worse team than that which lost to the 'Riff) smacks of pig-headedness or simply not knowing his players well enough.

I was tipping us for an upset....then i saw Hasson. Lol. I think we may struggle for points with DCE out

A
WOW. Tooves, you've lost me. To not pick Hodges and Tom Turbo after proven failures by Hasson, and having no dummy half impact in the closing stages of matches . . .
It may be time to change coaches. It's the first time I've thought it, but to keep the same team (actually a worse team than that which lost to the 'Riff) smacks of pig-headedness or simply not knowing his players well enough.
Agree 100% mate - thing is Tooves has to know the players pretty well & maybe theres some attitude issues we are not aware of.
Looking in & taking into account results, form & ability, both Hodges & Turbo are givens.....cant see Tooves Hasson thing but & as you rightly call - lack of flair, particularly back end of each half is evident big time.
Tooves is an all time legend & his coaching imo has been good under the circumstances, his selections - not so much.

Foz is not a halfback. His at his best ( who knows when that was ) when he takes the line on. This weekend he'll be directing the team. Think were in trouble.

I was hoping Cows might have rested Thurston for this one. Could still happen I suppose *crosses fingers

Makes no sense leaving Hodges out - up against his former team, cowboys starting props and halves backing up from origin. Not to mention some creativity out of dummy half will take the pressure off foran and tred.

Hopefully there are changes by kickoff

Foz is not a halfback. His at his best ( who knows when that was ) when he takes the line on. This weekend he'll be directing the team. Think were in trouble.

Foran has played halfback for us before and also for NZ so if fit he might be the best option. Not that I am confident of his commitment to the cause.

I think this shows that the club doesn't consider JLJ as someone who is going to ever be able to hold down a first grade spot. Otherwise why would they have back rowers (first Mateo and now T-Red) playing 5/8 in front of him?

Foran has played halfback for us before and also for NZ so if fit he might be the best option. Not that I am confident of his commitment to the cause.

I think this shows that the club doesn't consider JLJ as someone who is going to ever be able to hold down a first grade spot. Otherwise why would they have back rowers (first Mateo and now T-Red) playing 5/8 in front of him?

That's true. I actually don't mind having Tred there. Really straightens our attack. Runs first and passes second. We don't go from side to side in attack. But with Tred at 5/8 it puts all the kicking pressure on Foz. With no backup. Not sure he can handle in. But as many say. In Tooves we trust :)

I don't have the energy for the liveblog this week unless anyone else is interested in giving it a try?

@lsz?

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7