Four New Life Members

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
When is the bronze statue of Penn getting delivered?
We can have a ceremony in front of it for the new inductees once they install it on top of the hill.

Interesting posts made by many on this. I understand both points of view, the tradition and history and the - what does two awards matter?
I know that personally, if my boss was to nominate me for an award, unless it was aligned with something against my integrity, I would accept it as it would be the right thing to do by my employer.
Sorry niccippops but they weren't even nominated. Nomination isn't required - nor a seconder.

They simply hand out paddle pop sticks. Collect 10 and you get double-life membership.

Does anyone else agree with me that the best way forward for the entire organisation would be for these two parties to work cooperatively? The Penns' accepting that the DRLFC and its LC affiliate maintain the traditions, whilst they provide the capital.

That's how it appeared to work for much of the private ownership period, strong egos notwithstanding.

I might be drawing a long bow, however what we're seeing at the moment resembles (in small scale) the sort of divisiveness that brought the late, unalmented prime ministership of a certain A.J. Abbott undone (please voters of Warringah - vote anyone but Tony next election). That approach didn't work out well for him and this current imbroglio could well blow up in the faces of ZtH, the Bogster, the Fluffster and Silent P.

The sub-clubs of the leagues club are also planning on honouring kitey with life membership!

http://manlyleagues.com.au/sub-clubs/

The stamp club has him up for life membership, as does the bridge club, cricket and squash clubs
Penn's paddle pop stick life membership awards are worse than a bad joke. Suck up to Zorba and you get one in your corn flakes box? They are worthless, meaningless, without going through a rigorous selection process, which the FC has provided since inception. The inclusion of Stewart, Matai and Lyon and exclusion of Ballin says it all really. They are a suckup award, handed out for purely political purposes. That the Penns have STOLEN the name, and misrepresented them to be the same as what has been awarded previously only exposes their lack of integrity.

The FANS (not the Penns) provide the meaning of these awards. If we overwhelmingly reject them as meaningless, then they become meaningless.

I rarely get wound up enough to fire of an email to the club for an explanation. Below is the response I received from Janette Koning – Executive Assistant to the CEO.

"Dear Frank,
The Board of the Sea Eagles resolved at the Board meeting on 4 November 2015 to now elect Life Members of the Sea Eagles.

The Board of the Sea Eagles will continue to recognise and honour the rights afforded to Life Members elected by MWRLFC up to and including the 2014 AGM held by MWRLFC.

Regards"

Sounds like an outright declaration of war. I can never see the FC and this mob ever working cooperatively again.

I wish they had done this before I renewed my Sea Eagles membership.

• 📚
Reactions: Rex
Dismissing 69 years of tradition is not as simple as they would like it to be.:wondering:

I don't get the hate for the very entity that they are celebrating with all the 70th Anniversary marketing effort. :wasntme:

As the FC board is up for election on the 17th, they could have nominated 6 people and told all the Golden Eagles guys to vote them in. @:cool:

The 6 current Directors that 'must be destroyed' at any cost to rationale and decency, will not be there forever. So why besmerch a district icon that is the MWDRL Club :confused:

Strange tactic to put Kitey and Matty into their deluded war like pawns too :tmi:
Now those two men are the very essence of honour :angel:

And how low on the website. I posted a note on the announcement of the "new employee of the year awards"... and its left so that I think its still there and I can see it, but no one else can see it. Great to see that members and supporters thoughts are so kindly welcomed.
Knobs!!!!!. Im so much lovin my team but hating the owners and all those associated with them more and more.

Does anyone else agree with me that the best way forward for the entire organisation would be for these two parties to work cooperatively? The Penns' accepting that the DRLFC and its LC affiliate maintain the traditions, whilst they provide the capital..

Not one of the options, I suspect. I have no inside information but as an outsider it seems obvious the preference share is the problem.

My guess is actually that the Penns prefer that Brookvale is redeveloped and remains the home ground for Manly. However … they would like to be open to all possibilities, and the preference share precludes that.

It probably even inhibits their bargaining power and ability to play hardball and brinkmanship games with council.

It's not that hard to see how they could engineer a situation where the preference share is destroyed. Of course, that would, though, require the final annihilation of the FC. And if any particularly ruthless individuals intended to strive for such a merciless goal, I'd hazard a guess that undermining the FC as guardian of Sea Eagle heritage and culture would be a key plank in their strategy.

Nah, I'm probably just getting paranoid again! :tinfoil:

We can only judge the Penns on their actions and so far they seem to say one thing publicly and actually act differently. They cost us K Foz, sold 2V down the river, forced us to pay overs for DCE and then signed a host of players only to sh1Tcan them weeks later. But hey they made coin from selling the LC.

Sure we have picked up some players but money talks. This life membership is 100% PR and when it comes to PR the Penn family must be taking advise from Putin and ISIS.

• 😆
Reactions: Rex
Sorry niccippops but they weren't even nominated. Nomination isn't required - nor a seconder.

They simply hand out paddle pop sticks. Collect 10 and you get double-life membership.
No worries Frank. Just my opinion on this unusual situation. I don't feel the players have done anything wrong but I wish all those associated with out club from whatever angle, could unite.

Seen as though he would be one of the first picked in any life membership to be handed out by the club,I wonder if Tooves will be handed one of these Penn family life memberships?

I believe MWSE just made a decision to acquire the rights to the life members. They have decided that all the previous footy club life members are now their life members and they will from this day forward elect the life members. Love to know what their justification for such an action is. I'd also love to know how much thought went into how they were going to manage the actual processes involved in electing life members from this point on. I'm really disappointed with this pathetic little power play.

I believe MWSE just made a decision to acquire the rights to the life members. They have decided that all the previous footy club life members are now their life members and they will from this day forward elect the life members. Love to know what their justification for such an action is. I'd also love to know how much thought went into how they were going to manage the actual processes involved in electing life members from this point on. I'm really disappointed with this pathetic little power play.
The condesending line about Matty , after his omission despite meeting the very same criteria that they highlighted for Snake, Matai and Killer, shows their thought process :devil:

The current Players need to tow the party line. But the past players, via the Golden Eagles Club could have protected our 69 years' heritage, but nothing heard so far :cool:

Manly has become just an NRL franchise and is being stripped of all it's district identity :(

Ok the latest initiative from the club is raising cash for the Royal Far West home for Christmas- assuming the regular ST Narks are against that as well because Scott and Zorba thought of it?
If the FC was already running an initiative for that very thing, and the Sea Eagles decided to run an separate, concurrent initiative for the exact same reason, there would be a problem. So I'm afraid that's not a very good analogy to use.
There is perhaps a way the Sea Eagles can promote a 'life membership' program without trying to give the impression that this is tied in with the FC one, but the way it has been done is obviously to upset the apple cart, so to speak.

I imagine the DRLFC are keeping their powder dry until after the AGM (with the commensurate life membership for Kite), before they respond in any way.

That reminds me, I need to renew my membership to the one true organisation, i.e. that isn't the ZtH Lickspittle Express.

I can see your point and being a football club member I will try and get a hold of Vidmar to get his views

So what did you find out @BOZO ? Is this a carefully thought out and inclusive action on the part of the MWSE Inc carried out in close consultation with the footy club ? Or something else ?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8