Four New Life Members

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No matter how you spin it this does not make sense. The purpose of these awards should be to recognise the people who have had a significant positive impact on the club , not to serve some petty agenda.

Take matty b. Signs a new deal when all seemed lost for the club (dce and foz had announced they were leaving) and is arguably the most "fan friendly" out of the team. Through no fault of his own gets forced out of the club but, as he is not in the proper click, will only be considered in the future?

No I don't know what all the revenge is about, that's the problem.
Neither do I . I have club membership and I am a member of the Football club as well . I have had dealings with Vidmar and have found him to be very professional helpful and a passionate Manly man who never criticised the Club owners or Zorba . I also had dealings with Zorba and Scott Penn and have experienced the same with them and to be honest I don't know what the fck is happening either . As a supporter awho loves his club I try and see the positives in every situation just like I did with my positive view on those players being honoured . Some on here call me a troll and I don't care because I know who I am and that is some one that loves my club before others agendas .
Go the mighty Sea eagles !!!

Last edited:
Had this been announced as a new award called ( thanks C & C) the Hall of Fame award for all players who play 200 or more games I'd be totally cool with that.

But you Penn supporters cannot spin this any other way , this is just an outright cynical power play using our four champion players as pawns.

And if any of you can get a positive out of that then good for you!!
The addition of Kite too is just cynical because 8 days from this announcement he is being put up for life membership at the MWRLFC AGM.

The $2 shelf company would be of significantly higher value than the football club asset base! I am an FC member and have been for a decade but like it or not they have become a toothless tiger to quote Zorba.

Seriously the Narks and the anti club comments on here are getting out of control and tiresome.

This is great recognition for four club greats - can't you be happy with that?

Guess what the Penns are here to stay and probably without them we wouldn't have a team to support or we would be playing out of Ipswich or Perth. If you hate the Penns and the club this much maybe it is time to give the NRL away or support someone else!

Rant over
Companies in Australia do not have members - that's why it's so ridiculous to artificially create a 'Sea Eagles Limited Life Member'. Limited Companies only have shareholders.

The Sea Eagles Limited Franchise has zero assets, unless the new Gym is owned by them. This would surprise me, as all the Shareholders of the Franchise would benefit from the asset, not just the Owners. Any share valuation of the Franchise would largely be based on the 1947 Manly Warringah District Football Club brand.

Meanwhile the District Football Club does own the 70 years of Sea Eagles brand and goodwill.:exclamation:
All of which is being madly marketed as Sea Eagles Limited history - pathetic and misleading.

The NRL finance 4 Clubs so far and would do the same with Manly due to their Broadcast Deal commitments. So Penns/Quantum/Delmege are not a determinant of our future existence.

Manly is my local district Club and I choose to support it through it's many manifestations :inlove:

Last edited:
The announcement of these "Life Memberships" is outrageous and an absolute affront to the FC and all the legitimate life members. I am absolutely disgusted at what the current administration is (and has been) doing to our club.

If the comments made by Matai, Snake, and Lyon are legit then I am disappointed that they made them. How the f*ck is this an "honour" when it is handed to you by a propoganda machine and not by a membership? They should reject this "honour" for the garbage that it is. THAT would be the honourable thing to do.

Whats wrong with having another award ?
I had a post ready to go yesterday, the server dropped out. Everyone has covered what I wanted to say about companies, not sporting clubs, handing out life memberships.

Anyway this is a nice segue in:

Zorbo/Boza - the hollowness of this exercise in one upmanship is that Ballin isn't being nominated. Maybe because he is one of the 'troublemakers' that ZtH (apparently with the Stewart brothers support) wanted to be rid of.

Matt will of course be given a real life membership by the District Club at some point. An interesting moment will be when these other players are nominated for FC life memberships. Will they attend? Obviously Kite will and I'm sure Lyon will too. Wonder what Stewart and Matai will do? Will they obey Geppetto Peterides, or make their own decision?

You could see this coming, Stupid's (ZtH's) passive/aggressive belittling of the FC in the media, only for someone at Fortress Narrabeen to wake up to the fact that the FC are the ones who hand out the life memberships, "So...ummm...what do we do? I know, let's create our own!"

And presumably the Penn family will continue to hand out their Superleague/World Series Cricket (i.e. not the real McCoy) type memberships, until sanity prevails and they sell up.

Last edited:
I had a post ready to go yesterday, the server dropped out. Everyone has covered what I wanted to say about companies, not sporting clubs, handing out life memberships.

Anyway this is a nice segue in:

Zorbo/Boza - the hollowness of this exercise in one upmanship is that Ballin isn't being nominated. Maybe because he is one of the 'troublemakers' that ZtH (apparently with the Stewart brothers support) wanted to be rid of.

Matt will of course be given a real life membership by the District Club at some point. An interesting moment will be when these other players are nominated for FC life memberships. Will they attend? Obviously Kite will and I'm sure Lyon will too. Wonder what Stewart and Matai will do? Will they obey Geppetto Peterides, or make their own decision?

You could see this coming, Stupid's (ZtH's) passive/aggressive belittling of the FC in the media, only for someone at Fortress Narrabeen to wake up to the fact that the FC are the ones who hand out the life memberships, "So...ummm...what do we do? I know, let's create our own!"

And presumably the Penn family will continue to hand out their Superleague/World Series Cricket (i.e. not the real McCoy) type memberships, until sanity prevails and they are sell up.
If that is the case . It is a sad

I chose some time ago to read certain posters posts in the voice of southpark's 'saddam's' voice.

Especially from the episode when he invades Canada.

I find it helps me to deal with the interminable propaganda that some trolls have self proclaimed themselves to be the purveyor of.

Try it, it'll help!

I chose some time ago to read certain posters posts in the voice of southpark's 'saddam's' voice.

Especially from the episode when he invades Canada.

I find it helps me to deal with the interminable propaganda that some trolls have self proclaimed themselves to be the purveyor of.

Try it, it'll help!

No one can or should Invade any one the right to express their views on here as well .

No one can stop The Football club from continuing to have their awards can they? . So we now have 2 awards .
Surely you can see the ridiculousness of that situation. Who decides who gets the MWSE Life Membership ? What is their criteria ?? At least the Footy Club has a criteria and it's voted on.

I do note the absence of the word "inaugural" in the MWSE press release about these 4 new life members. If they aren't the first then who else is on the list ?

No one can stop The Football club from continuing to have their awards can they? . So we now have 2 awards .

Of course not, we have the real awards , the ones decided by a vote of members, the ones that have the 70 year history behind them and then we have the awards printed on a Micky Mouse sticker awarded by a group of revenge driven dickheads out to make a point.

I'd like to think we could have a third set of awards, the Silvertails Life Memberships, granted to players who take up the most discussion on here.

Not sure if we can go retrospective and have Jye Mullane, Travis Burns, Chris Bailey and James Hasson nominated but **** it , if Penn Sport can have life members of their $2 company then so can we.

Surely you can see the ridiculousness of that situation. Who decides who gets the MWSE Life Membership ? What is their criteria ?? At least the Footy Club has a criteria and it's voted on.

I do note the absence of the word "inaugural" in the MWSE press release about these 4 new life members. If they aren't the first then who else is on the list ?
I can see your point and being a football club member I will try and get a hold of Vidmar to get his views

Of course not, we have the real awards , the ones decided by a vote of members, the ones that have the 70 year history behind them and then we have the awards printed on a Micky Mouse sticker awarded by a group of revenge driven dickheads out to make a point.

I'd like to think we could have a third set of awards, the Silvertails Life Memberships, granted to players who take up the most discussion on here.

Not sure if we can go retrospective and have Jye Mullane, Travis Burns, Chris Bailey and James Hasson nominated but **** it , if Penn Sport can have life members of their $2 company then so can we.
In that case the only authentic ones should be the ones from the football club and every one else can have their own . So this should not be a concern should it ? . I will be speaking with Vidmar soon feathered friend

Don't forget that the leagues club can have life members too. Hopefully they start announcing life member decisions asap, preferably the same players that the football club and sea eagles ltd are vesting.

It's Monty Pythonesque. Like the final scene of life of Brian.

Neither do I . I have club membership and I am a member of the Football club as well . I have had dealings with Vidmar and have found him to be very professional helpful and a passionate Manly man who never criticised the Club owners or Zorba . I also had dealings with Zorba and Scott Penn and have experienced the same with them and to be honest I don't know what the fck is happening either . As a supporter awho loves his club I try and see the positives in every situation just like I did with my positive view on those players being honoured . Some on here call me a troll and I don't care because I know who I am and that is some one that loves my club before others agendas .
Go the mighty Sea eagles !!!

I'm the same @BOZO. Zorba, The Penns, Trent Barrett, Bob Saunders, all the players etc have been nothing but absolutely amazing with/to me giving time, having chat's and all that pretty stuff. The only person who has been absolutely nasty to me is @vidmar with comments about me in these forums quite some time ago, but I've let that go (although never forget).

I experienced something with Toovey I'd never repeat here, that made me dislike the guy completely (which is probably why I was pretty critical of him tbh, and probably sometimes when it wasn't deserved). @Darren knows the situation, and I'd bet he'd say my stance is completely fair given what transpired (and it had nothing to do with me).

I DO wish Kelly would be more interactive. I've written him a few times over various things. Then again, boy, has that bloke come through. At one point, I'm thinking rebuild from the ground up. Today I'm thinking, FMD, we could win this thing in the next 12 to 24 months.

It's all getting a bit petty and school yard now.
I thought the war would finally end but it seems like it will continue for some time.
The Penns really know how to divide, I am glad I stood by my decision not to renew

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4