Faiders robbed: NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hardly a damning photo that one. Jack is only marginally in front of DCE and Jack is sprinting straight forward whereas it looks like DCE had started to step a little sideways. When players are defending in the line, on-field refs generally don’t penalise players for being only centimetres offside as it happens all the time. If it had gone to the video ref though then the decision could have been a different story

It was a great read and some great desperation by Jack
In the video dce runs up to pressure then stops and starts going sideways so Jack if hes just running straight would most certainly be onside

I think the Raiders have won 2 matches against the current top-6 sides all season. One of them happened to be against the Storm who clocked off 2 weeks ago.

By comparison we have beaten:
Melbourne (1/1)
Canberra (2/2)
Parramatta (1/1)
Souths (1/2) - very nearly 2/2

All this talk about whether Jack was centimetres offside is a distraction from the fact that the Raiders are flat-track bullies in 2019 thus far. I will be surprised if they progress to week 3 of the finals.

When you look at the wide angle the player had put his foot on the ball and jetski had his foot on the line, at that point he is free to move and thus onside.
They said in commentary earlier in the game that the rule is "clears the foot of the player playing it, that is why they enforce playing it correctly ".

Simple answer it was a poor and risky pass to throw that close to the line - that was the cause of the interception not Jack being CMs offside

and if he was that far offside any smart dummy half would've run or grubbered in behind him.

Annersley should have said ‘it was inconclusive’ instead of sticking the boot into us. He hates us as much as anyone else

Yep, don't know why Annesley sticks his head and the refs on the chopping block. Couldn't he have said something like "... the match day officials have to make hundreds of calls per match and in this instance they ruled he was onside.....and there is no decisive evidence showing that when the ball clears the ruck that he was offside..."

He went to great lengths to explain what "clearing the ruck" means but this photo shows ****.

Can they go back through every play the ball during the match and show they got it right every time?

I think Anusley is probably happy that the "offside" incident was there to focus on - It has detracted the overall piss poor performance from the refs for the entire game.
Not only were they controlling the flow of the game and keeping it a close contest it seemed pretty clear that a number of players (on either side) were being watched more closely than others. These cheat sheets and closed door meetings must go along with the bias that goes with them (intentional or not). What's more; the game must be able to be ruled upon without the need for state of the art camera angles (for the sake of everyone who plays the game) and if the current rules cannot do that then they are broken.
I do not want to recreate the NFL in Australia (which still doesn't work) in the name of fairness and accuracy.

They said in commentary earlier in the game that the rule is "clears the foot of the player playing it, that is why they enforce playing it correctly ".
Used to be once the player touches it with their foot,seems clearer and easier for everyone to interpret. I don't trust the commentators, they rarely know the rules

Touch Judge had the best and unobstructed view. Also... watching Annesley's video, I for the life of me couldn't tell he was offside even with my 85 inch TV. Seriously... we are talking millimetres here and everything happened so quickly. Great Manly try and F#ck you Raiders!!!
How quick is the Ruben Sandwich!!!!

Raiders had 90 meters to stop that try but chose to give away a penalty goal instead :D

Jackie was following the orders of the linesman according to this :rofl:

remote.axd

https://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2019/08/27/media--jack-gosiewski/

You know, one thing out of this has been generally missed.

Just how much pace out on the wing Reuben Garrick actually has.

When supporting Jetski, Garrick burned Nick Cotric for pace, he just left him for dead. Then after getting the ball he also burned Nicoll-Klokstad for pace and the only reason Leilua looked like getting close was because Reuben was headed towards the posts while the brain fart was running straight-ish to cut off the angle and try and make him score out wider, although Reuben burnt him as well and ran around to near the posts.

How refreshing is it to see a Manly winger capable of such pace out wide? Especially as for the past few years our wingers have been Jorge, who we know is slow, and others of dubious pace such as Matty Wright.

Last edited:
So does that mean the one playing the ball can hold the ball under his foot for a second or 2 and catch the opposing players offside?

Stupid rule, it should be when the players foot touches the ball.
If they are baulking they let the defensive line move up.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8