Faiders robbed: NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
SMH story last week. Canberra are in the top four for slowing the ruck, we are bottom four. Not much between all the teams but they also give away more ruck penalties
Which accords with my own observations. I've only watched a few Raider games but I've seen all of ours, and we simply are not one of the best wrestling teams. Yet one of those genius 'experts' on 360 last night stated we were, as though it was obvious. These guys clearly don't watch the games as closely as fans like us.

Which accords with my own observations. I've only watched a few Raider games but I've seen all of ours, and we simply are not one of the best wrestling teams. Yet one of those genius 'experts' on 360 last night stated we were, as though it was obvious. These guys clearly don't watch the games as closely as fans like us.
Nope... it simply doesn’t suit their narrative..

This what I hater about our journos and their anti Manly bull****. If the decision had of affected Manly rather than Canberra we wouldn't hear boo about it. They are pathetic.

On the TV they made next to zero mention that we were down to 15 players too.

IMG_8655.jpg
I'm not normally one to call out the commentators but this week has been ridiculous the way they have gone on about our tactics and whether Jetski was onside or not.

Never warmed to Crawley and him going on about the bunker not being able to call offside for the defensive team but can for the attacking team was like it was a personal affront to him.
Then goes on about the Wighton no try saying if it went upstairs as a try there wasn't enough evidence to overturn it and say no try..so that's a 14pt turnaround and they lost by 4 WTF?
I'd say we must have cost him the last leg of a multi the way he way going on

To pull out one or two instances of an 80 minute game and say they cost them the game is clutching at straws.

The way Vossy was death riding us the other day was incredible, it's like the 27 penalties in the match were all conceded by Manly.Watched the game again the other night.
I always thought he was fairly impartial and called as he saw it but the other day he just went on and on about us being offside and "when does someone go to the bin?"

This photo was when Elliott got pinged for being offside and Canberra went ahead 8-0, they only showed this shot once and absolutely nothing was mentioned.
Elliott actually forced the error so we would've had the ball rather than concede two points.
I went back and checked the play, it was definitely Elliott that got called, Jorge was off but the play never got out there and Walker was onside too.
.IMG_8655.jpg

Exactly, the hooker has already used up time in reaching for the ball,picking it up, and steadying himself for the pass :rolleyes:

The 2 seconds it took for Jackie to catch it is not fully captured on the wide shots
Dummy half rule :
Defenders can move forward the moment:
The foot plays the ball back ?
the dummy half touches the ball ?
In either case the defender has enough time like Jetski had to move forward from an onside position and make the intercept.
What hasn’t been pointed out:
Hodgson in the act of passing momentarily loses sight of Jetski making a run behind his own dummy runner
But it’s to late the ball is in the air and the rest is history
Raiders should own it they went for the long shallow cutout pass and got it wrong

View attachment 12397 I'm not normally one to call out the commentators but this week has been ridiculous the way they have gone on about our tactics and whether Jetski was onside or not.

Never warmed to Crawley and him going on about the bunker not being able to call offside for the defensive team but can for the attacking team was like it was a personal affront to him.
Then goes on about the Wighton no try saying if it went upstairs as a try there wasn't enough evidence to overturn it and say no try..so that's a 14pt turnaround and they lost by 4 WTF?
I'd say we must have cost him the last leg of a multi the way he way going on

To pull out one or two instances of an 80 minute game and say they cost them the game is clutching at straws.

The way Vossy was death riding us the other day was incredible, it's like the 27 penalties in the match were all conceded by Manly.Watched the game again the other night.
I always thought he was fairly impartial and called as he saw it but the other day he just went on and on about us being offside and "when does someone go to the bin?"

This photo was when Elliott got pinged for being offside and Canberra went ahead 8-0, they only showed this shot once and absolutely nothing was mentioned.
Elliott actually forced the error so we would've had the ball rather than concede two points.
I went back and checked the play, it was definitely Elliott that got called, Jorge was off but the play never got out there and Walker was onside too.
.View attachment 12397

Klein actually said it was Dylan Walker. Even Gould and Johns thought he was OK when they showed the goal line camera angle. Of course, even at that stage of the game they were getting frustrated with how whistle happy Klein was.

No sympathy for the Raiders from me

Last year at Canberra, Brian Kelly clearly forced a Raiders player with the ball to touch the sideline with his hand and none of the officials picked it up. The Raiders then scored later that set on the other side of the field

Canberra won the game by 1 point so it’s fair to say that that referee fark up cost us that game

Klein actually said it was Dylan Walker. Even Gould and Johns thought he was OK when they showed the goal line camera angle. Of course, even at that stage of the game they were getting frustrated with how whistle happy Klein was.

I'll stand corrected if that's the case but even if it was Walker it was nitpicking in the nth degree which seems to be agreed upon by most .
Maybe with Vossy's calling the game through his back pocket he decided it was Elliott and kept at it.

The background noise between the CH 9 broadcast and FOX is massively different - I pay for FOX so I'm on autopilot when it comes to watching the footy ( and pretty much anything else really)

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10