Extraordinary General Meeting of MWDRLFC

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Canteen Worker said:
I would like to have time to understand exactly what happened and why. What I struggle with is that Bob Reilly continues to be quoted saying that he supports Des and wanted him to stay but Des maintains that they hadn't spoken for months. This seems strange.

Given that the whole coaching stafff is set to move on at the end of 2012 the club needs time to consider how it will respond.

A kneejerk AGM may not get the result needed. I would rather have information and explanations to consider and evaluate, as well as opportunity for a viable rebel ticket to be formed.

Who knows, with time, some good could come out of this debacle.

The blame game will occur and full story will never been told to us.

Besides we can't handle the truth.

swoop said:
ManlyBacker said:
If an EGM is called there should be an insistence on the ability to have details of both side's stances emailed to members. The lack of correspondance from the FC on absolutely anything that they are doing has been disappointing. If a meeting is called then I doubt it will be any better.

Until we find out who is responsible, which may never happen, how do we know who should get punted?

Bob Reilly and his keystone cops. That's who.

Don't take us for a fool jonesyv2 we know you are a puppet

Whilst I do not have all the facts all the signs point towards Reilly and the football club board being the problem. If it is the case their actions have ripped the heart out of the club and they must be accountable. We can survive without Hasler but if we the whole support staff walk as a result we are screwed for a very long time.

I am a footy club member but wouldn't be able to attend any EGM if one was called, my question is for those who can't attend would we receive proxy forms to be able to post back to place our vote/s?

Des's comments in the telegraph now confirm that he blames the board.

DES Hasler says the inability to see eye-to-eye with the Manly board was the main reason for his decision to join Canterbury not a bigger pay packet.

Time for change on the boards

tookey said:
Des's comments in the telegraph now confirm that he blames the board.

DES Hasler says the inability to see eye-to-eye with the Manly board was the main reason for his decision to join Canterbury not a bigger pay packet.

Time for change on the boards

But who on the board?

And..did Des support a move to Gosford (if there is any) or not? Was that what he didn't agree with?

I have no idea who's to blame on the board. How do i vote (and i am a voting member) when i have no idea what they all stand for?:-/

Jonesyv2 said:
No idea mate i am just as in the dark on this as everyone, Probably on Des / Penn and the comitee really know tookey as they were the ones negotiating, absolutely shattered it has happened.

see it as you will ryan, i can only go off what i have read / been told as well the above was in the SMH today.

Jonsey I would be concerned if i was a member of a board and kept in the dark about a matter such as this

The Truth said:
When Bob Fulton speaks we should listen it has been the football club board who have caused this and waiting for the Agm is too late.

40 names is all that is required to call a meeting and place a vote of no confidence in current board.

If you have had enough let me know here or email me [email protected]

Enough is enough these people are killing our club.

Count me in.

Canteen Worker said:
I would like to have time to understand exactly what happened and why. What I struggle with is that Bob Reilly continues to be quoted saying that he supports Des and wanted him to stay but Des maintains that they hadn't spoken for months. This seems strange.

Given that the whole coaching stafff is set to move on at the end of 2012 the club needs time to consider how it will respond.

A kneejerk AGM may not get the result needed. I would rather have information and explanations to consider and evaluate, as well as opportunity for a viable rebel ticket to be formed.

You won't get answers unless the closed spinning top of the FC is cracked open.

Jonesyv2 said:
No idea mate i am just as in the dark on this as everyone, Probably on Des / Penn and the comitee really know tookey as they were the ones negotiating, absolutely shattered it has happened.

see it as you will ryan, i can only go off what i have read / been told as well the above was in the SMH today.

Jonesy, you're a good man, but I think this is proof that not even the Football Club board in its current format can represent the fans on the Sea Eagles Board anymore. The situation has become untenable to a point where we as members of the Football Club, and you personally as an Officer on the Board itself, should (and will) demand answers, not spin. If we smell bull**** then its guns at 10 paces.

I'm not sure what answers you are after, all i know is the entire FC and MWSE board supported extending Haslers stay back in April negotiations were ongoing and that fell through as Des could not come to terms, anything anyone suggests the cause of that is pure speculation. I don't know what else the FC board could do other than back renewing des from day one?

I am not privy to the MWSE boards communication with Des re contract negotiations and I doubt they would ever be made public, we can try request them but i don't like our chances, in the end the man with the answer would be Des.

There will be a FC board meeting next week and i know i will be asking questions so if you need answers to specific questions let me know ill ask them and report the answers i get back. If they are directed at the MWSE board they would need to be passed on to them to respond.

In any case im not here to pick fights or push any agendas if you are a FC member and have legitimate questions send them through.

Matabele said:
The Truth said:
When Bob Fulton speaks we should listen it has been the football club board who have caused this and waiting for the Agm is too late.

40 names is all that is required to call a meeting and place a vote of no confidence in current board.

If you have had enough let me know here or email me [email protected]

Enough is enough these people are killing our club.

Count me in.

Canteen Worker said:

You won't get answers unless the closed spinning top of the FC is cracked open.

Count me in as well I am not going to sit back and watch these clowns run our club like a circus .

Canteen Worker said:

I think they owe it to the members to explain themselves without the spin, an open forum/debate. Most difficult thing for me not being aligned to either party is really to understand what really took place.

Like most I only care about the club, its survival and what’s best for the club and colours.

Consider me counted in for my vote.

Jonesyv2 said:
I'm not sure what answers you are after, all i know is the entire FC and MWSE board supported extending Haslers stay back in April negotiations were ongoing and that fell through as Des could not come to terms, anything anyone suggests the cause of that is pure speculation. I don't know what else the FC board could do other than back renewing des from day one?

I am not privy to the MWSE boards communication with Des re contract negotiations and I doubt they would ever be made public, we can try request them but i don't like our chances, in the end the man with the answer would be Des.

There will be a FC board meeting next week and i know i will be asking questions so if you need answers to specific questions let me know ill ask them and report the answers i get back. If they are directed at the MWSE board they would need to be passed on to them to respond.

In any case im not here to pick fights or push any agendas if you are a FC member and have legitimate questions send them through.

We just want open and honest answers to what went wrong and how we are going to fix it and move on. As fans, and 22% owners of this club we deserve that much. Without these answers a lot of people will have no other choice but to remove the current board. In my personal opinion that would be jumping the gun without answers, or without seeing who the alternative would be.

In saying this I am giving you, Vidmar and Bob Reilly an opportunity to start asking questions and start representing us members. Get us some answers.

Jonesyv2 said:
I'm not sure what answers you are after, all i know is the entire FC and MWSE board supported extending Haslers stay back in April

So you're blaming the leagues club?

Whats the point in getting answers from the current FC? You will just get more spin and finger pointing - no accountability.

Do they represent the membership? Would the members have allowed Des to walk or for Des to have such a poor relationship with their representatives that it is describbed as toxic?

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8