Extraordinary General Meeting of MWDRLFC

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Cambo said:
HappilyManly said:
``You don’t have to be a mathematical genius to work out the Penns have two votes, Quantum have two votes and the leagues and football clubs have three votes.

So why didnt Penn and Quantum vote together.
4 beats 3 doesnt it?

Last thing Manly needs is for Zorba to continue at the Club. He is killing the reputation of club he said he loves, by crapping on and on.

The Arko/Bozo faction needs to put their money in, then they can dictate how Manly should be run. It was Arko's lack of business acumen that resulted in ARL Clubs not being registered with non-compete clauses and no brand protection of Club emblems wasn't it?

ARL lost, Super League won, work with the new paradigm and get on with life.
Fans want Rugby League news and boardroom fighting doesn't cut it - unless they too bring back the biff :p
Mate under the constitution it needs to be 5-2

Are you sure ? If that's the case they need to change the constitution because that's a ridiculous scenario given the current structure of the board. It almost guarantees that there will be diviseness bewteen the 3 parties. No wonder people are claiming the FC/LC have too much power.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Trouble with this it will be all too late
It will take years and years to recover after this

Agree that ti is too late now.

Suggest that the current board members stay and suffer like the fans

The MWSE board was unanimous in retaining Des in April, the failure was in the negotiations of the contract.

Jonesyv2 said:
The MWSE board was unanimous in retaining Des in April, the failure was in the negotiations of the contract.

Do we read that as Des wanted the bigger bucks or that the negotiator wasn't trying to hard?

zebo26 said:
Jonesyv2 said:

Do we read that as Des wanted the bigger bucks or that the negotiator wasn't trying to hard?

Would have to speak to who was negotiating they have the details of it all. papers are saying hasler only wanted 600k back in april.

Jonesyv2 said:

Indications in one of the papers today said that Penn was the only one from the club talking sto Des about his contract negotiation. Are you suggesting that Penn is the only one who can explain why the negotiations failed?

tookey said:
Jonesyv2 said:

Can you shed any light as to the reasons why the negotiations failed?

It would be bias. Bob Reilly has involved Jonesy on board matters. Just so people know.

No idea mate i am just as in the dark on this as everyone, Probably on Des / Penn and the comitee really know tookey as they were the ones negotiating, absolutely shattered it has happened.

see it as you will ryan, i can only go off what i have read / been told as well the above was in the SMH today.

Can't be dollars as he has stated that it would ahve been more financially beneficial for him to stay at Manly, so you'd have to say the coach retention committee did their job. It's obviously personalities, but which ones I don't know, something that the retention committee couldn't help him with unfortunately

If an EGM is called there should be an insistence on the ability to have details of both side's stances emailed to members. The lack of correspondance from the FC on absolutely anything that they are doing has been disappointing. If a meeting is called then I doubt it will be any better.

ManlyBacker said:
If an EGM is called there should be an insistence on the ability to have details of both side's stances emailed to members. The lack of correspondance from the FC on absolutely anything that they are doing has been disappointing. If a meeting is called then I doubt it will be any better.

Until we find out who is responsible, which may never happen, how do we know who should get punted?

swoop said:
ManlyBacker said:

Until we find out who is responsible, which may never happen, how do we know who should get punted?

If there is a rebel ticket then there will statements made about who supposedly did or didn't do what. I just want to see what any person standing for a position intends to do to turn things around.

ManlyBacker said:
swoop said:
ManlyBacker said:

If there is a rebel ticket then there will statements made about who supposedly did or didn't do what. I just want to see what any person standing for a position intends to do to turn things around.

Will there be a rebel ticket? I hope so.

Seems like most clubs go through these off-field dramas at some stage. Currently Parra and Penrith have similar issues. We'll get over it.
Having been on several sporting and business committees I know that there are always personality clashes.
One thing I'd like to stress is that anybody who stands on a committee without pay should, generally speaking, be applauded. They are almost certainly doing it through a love of the club.

No point in staging a palace coup unless the people who come join the board are superior to the ones they replace.

I for one don't want to see the likes of Peter Peters anywhere near the football club board.

I would like to have time to understand exactly what happened and why. What I struggle with is that Bob Reilly continues to be quoted saying that he supports Des and wanted him to stay but Des maintains that they hadn't spoken for months. This seems strange.

Given that the whole coaching stafff is set to move on at the end of 2012 the club needs time to consider how it will respond.

A kneejerk AGM may not get the result needed. I would rather have information and explanations to consider and evaluate, as well as opportunity for a viable rebel ticket to be formed.

Who knows, with time, some good could come out of this debacle.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2