Extraordinary General Meeting of MWDRLFC

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
tookey said:
Gainsford-Taylor said that she didn't even know that des as leaving.

Either she is lying or doesn't have a clue.

Well neither did Jonesy as he has so adequately enunciated on these very forum boards. Don't look at the puppets, follow the strings.

tookey said:

Our board dosent have a clue ? The north sydney board didnt have a clue either and now they dont have a club. What a joke :huh:

Hmmm its seems that although the board are incompetent and largely to blame, there is a lot finger pointing going on and its hard to determine what the truth is. There even seems to be factions on this forum. I think before football club members start punting the elected representatives we the fans should be approaching the board, the private owners, as well as des peters and the coaching staff to demand answers. So we can be rid of those accountable. In the UK big English football clubs have seperate supporters unions run by and for fans as a way communicating with the clubs and working to maintain there respective clubs future. I'm sure if we started something like this we could get one hundred people who are also voting members of the football club, as part of an impartial supporters group with only our great clubs future our agenda, a group with enough influence to force those in charge to listen to us for a change.

Bayllistic said:
Hmmm its seems that although the board are incompetent and largely to blame, there is a lot finger pointing going on and its hard to determine what the truth is. There even seems to be factions on this forum. I think before football club members start punting the elected representatives we the fans should be approaching the board, the private owners, as well as des peters and the coaching staff to demand answers. So we can be rid of those accountable. In the UK big English football clubs have seperate supporters unions run by and for fans as a way communicating with the clubs and working to maintain there respective clubs future. I'm sure if we started something like this we could get one hundred people who are also voting members of the football club, as part of an impartial supporters group with only our great clubs future our agenda, a group with enough influence to force those in charge to listen to us for a change.

Wouldn't that be nice. We fans exerting some influence. I'm in if you can organise it.

I read about a Football club in Europe that was coached by the supporters through popular vote on SMS during the game. Seems the way of the future, let's put it to the board and we can do away with all these coach dramas. The wealth of knowledge and ideas on this forum seems wasted without a conduit to get it to the team.

Bayllistic said:
Its quite obvious that the board were in charge they ran the show and had made all the decisions for all the wrong reasons. A Professional and competent board unites a club it dosent divide it. This board has proven to have no people skills no negotiation skills and no vision. Hasler has proved to be a great leader as he led his team to win the Grand Final under adversity whilst the board is only capable of creating adversity.

OK. I'll accept that the Board has stuffed up, but can anyone explain the motives behind their decisions? Don't they like Des? Are they worried about finances?
Who doesn't like who, and why?
I find it hard to believe that someone like Melinda would vote against Des and not have the best intentions for the club.

Chip and Chase said:
The wealth of knowledge and ideas on this forum seems wasted without a conduit to get it to the team.

C & C I think that you have hit it on the head as to why this has all happened.

The board got rid of des so that this forum can coach the team next year. Much cheaper and we would go through the season undefeated with the input from all the ironstines here. :)

Wolfpack said:
conanu said:
How long do you need to be a member of the football club to get voting rights?

Two years, IIRC.

So, Ive just paid for my 2nd year of FC membership. Does that now count as being a member for 2 years which would then allow me to vote or do I have to have completed 2 whole years of membership to then mean that I could vote in my 3rd year?

BOZO said:
Bayllistic said:
Its quite obvious that the board were in charge they ran the show and had made all the decisions for all the wrong reasons. A Professional and competent board unites a club it dosent divide it. This board has proven to have no people skills no negotiation skills and no vision. Hasler has proved to be a great leader as he led his team to win the Grand Final under adversity whilst the board is only capable of creating adversity.

As I said I agree that the board has been an abysmal failure, but we don't know any details ie which board members did or said what, what the situation was with des contract negotiations, peter peters etc. Even if reilly and gainsford tailor are removed, we don't know peter sprays involvment in all of this and unless we know whether Penn an quantum are on the same page. Basically we don't even know if removing two of the board members would help. The even bigger question is who would replace them? Peter peters seems a good choice but surely to make a difference need to get the opinions of all the parties involved. What's even more scary is with talk of restructuring the constitution of the board, we could have a situation where Scott Penn gives himself majority control over the board and could easily relocate the club. The point is there is too many unknowns at the moment we want a unified board not an additional faction.

Jethro said:
Wolfpack said:
conanu said:

Two years, IIRC.

So, Ive just paid for my 2nd year of FC membership. Does that now count as being a member for 2 years which would then allow me to vote or do I have to have completed 2 whole years of membership to then mean that I could vote in my 3rd year?

No idea, mate.

I'm in the same boat as you regarding years of eligability so it'd be nice to get it cleared up. I'll look into it when I get a chance.

It is human nature to find a comfort zone and then try our hardest to stay in that zone. We feel safe, secure, and in control in our comfort zone. Sometimes, however, we try so hard to stay in the zone that we exert more energy than it would take to change. So why not change? Change is difficult and necessitates giving up power.

Matabele said:
tookey said:

Well neither did Jonesy as he has so adequately enunciated on these very forum boards. Don't look at the puppets, follow the strings.

Melinda Gainsford-Taylor is only there as a figure head a puppet to Reilly. As Bob treats the members with content I'd say the same applies to Melinda.

Wolfpack said:
Jethro said:
Wolfpack said:
conanu said:

Two years, IIRC.

No idea, mate.

I'm in the same boat as you regarding years of eligability so it'd be nice to get it cleared up. I'll look into it when I get a chance.

Thanks Wolfpack but if anybody else knows the answer could you let us know. It would be very much appreciated :)

Jethro said:
Wolfpack said:
Jethro said:
Wolfpack said:
conanu said:

Two years, IIRC.

No idea, mate.

Thanks Wolfpack but if anybody else knows the answer could you let us know. It would be very much appreciated :)

I cannot find anything in the Club Constitution suggesting two years have to be waited. PM me an email and I'll send you a copy in case I missed it. The document is boring as bat droppings though it is an interesting read when you realise what the main purposes and beliefs of the FC are supposed to be.

Just my 2 cents worth on this subject. I will start by saying that I am shattered with the news that we have lost Des and I think more importantly we will also lose Des’ support staff. I have no doubts that Des’ staff have far more importance to the success of our side over the past few years than that what they have been given credit for and I simply cannot imagine that deal that Des has done will not include all of his key support staff.

We have essentially only had one side of the argument here, why did the board not sign Des back in May?, why did they (apparently ) request KPI’s?. The board where quick to get an email out to members a couple of weeks ago assuring us they all was well with Des and that he would be resigned, the time is right now for another email to tell us the full story as to why we he has now gone.

Whatever our feelings are about the current board are at the moment I just do not believe that they are as incompetent as what they appear to be, maybe they are but I would like to hear their version of events before I can cast my vote in the next elections.

Matabele said:
I cannot find anything in the Club Constitution suggesting two years have to be waited. PM me an email and I'll send you a copy in case I missed it. The document is boring as bat droppings though it is an interesting read when you realise what the main purposes and beliefs of the FC are supposed to be.

Done. Thanks Mata :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7