Extraordinary General Meeting of MWDRLFC

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Truth

When Bob Fulton speaks we should listen it has been the football club board who have caused this and waiting for the Agm is too late.

40 names is all that is required to call a meeting and place a vote of no confidence in current board.

If you have had enough let me know here or email me [email protected]

Enough is enough these people are killing our club.

These are Fulton's comments in today's Manly Daily:

LEGENDARY Sea Eagle Bob Fulton has unleashed a massive spray against the Manly board, declaring Des Hasler’s defection to the Bulldogs a decision from which the club may never recover.

Fulton said he could not sit by and allow Hasler’s departure without going public on the board’s failure to sign him.

“Des has been attempting to extend his contract at the club for the past 18 months without success,” Fulton told The Manly Daily.

``The leagues and football club directors should hang their heads in shame. They have given the members of the football club and leagues club as well as our thousands of supporters a problem we may not recover from.

``This is self-destruction of massive proportions.’‘

Fulton, not just a master coach and rugby league Immortal but a life member of the club for 46 years, dismissed claims that the loss of Hasler was the fault of the Penn family.

``Not surprisingly there have been suggestions from some board members that the Penn family are responsible for Des’ non-signing,’’ he said.

``You don’t have to be a mathematical genius to work out the Penns have two votes, Quantum have two votes and the leagues and football clubs have three votes.

``If what they’re saying about the Penns is correct, why did they not just have a vote on it?’‘

Fulton’s assessment came after one of the most tumultuous days in the club’s history, which began with Peter Peters’ explosive revelations on The Manly Daily’s website early yesterday.

Hasler is today expected to announce next year will be his last at Brookvale before switching to the blue and white.

Manly Leagues Club and the Manly district rugby league club chairman Bob Reilly said he was ``absolutely shattered and disappointed’’ to hear Hasler was moving on.

``I rate Des a better coach than Craig Bellamy and Wayne Bennett,’’ he said.

``I support Des Hasler to be Manly coach for as long as he wants to be Manly coach, he has been great for this club.’’

Hasler has been at the centre of a tug-of-war between Manly and Belmore since the start of the NRL finals series.

The two-time premiership winning coach is reported to have secured a long-term deal with the dogs, worth $750,000 a season.

Some linked to the Sea Eagles were unaware of the news until contacted by the Manly Daily yesterday.

Eagles Angel, Melinda Gainsford-Taylor, said she had no idea Hasler was planning to leave.

``I haven’t had any confirmation at all if that is the case,’’ she said.

Co-patron Kerry Sibraa was also unaware of the news.

``I have not heard anything,’’ he said,

A shocked Manly Mayor Jean Hay said she didn’t think the blue and white would suit Hasler.

``It won’t suit the colours of his eyes,’’ the Sea Eagles fanatic said.

``He looks better in maroon and white. It’s certainly going to be a hard pill to swallow seeing him with the Bulldogs.’‘

A Bulldogs spokesman said the club would not comment on any deals until they were finalised.

``We don’t comment on any names linked publicly to the job,’’ he said. ``We have to have everything finalised.’‘

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/news/story/desgraceful/

The Truth said:
When Bob Fulton speaks we should listen it has been the football club board who have caused this and waiting for the Agm is too late.

40 names is all that is required to call a meeting and place a vote of no confidence in current board.

1)Who are you?
2)Are you a member of the FC? you don't mention this.
3)How long have you been a member of the FC?
4)Why should we listen to Bozo?
5)Who do you propose the board members be replaced with?

WAMF said:
The Truth said:

1)Who are you?
2)Are you a member of the FC? you don't mention this.
3)How long have you been a member of the FC?
4)Why should we listen to Bozo?
5)Who do you propose the board members be replaced with?

Who are you suggesting be on the rebel ticket?

I'm a lifelong manly supporter who has had enough.
I am a football club member and have been one since the mid 90s when it was a close shop and you had to be nominated and seconded to join.
Bob Fulton is one of the greats of our club and understands the culture and knows Des Hasler well so its safe to say bozo is on the money.
As to your last question let's see who stands up really the 7 dwarfs would do a better job than the current board.

I heard rumours of a rebel ticket that will have the backing of arko and Fulton and led by zorba. Don't right off how powerful bozo and arko still are in our club.

Just another thing ATM I'm trying to get my head around all this but the people blaming the Penn family should read what bozo said if it was Scott Penn who was holding things up they could of gone to a vote and he would of lost 5-2.

The Truth said:
As to your last question let's see who stands up really the 7 dwarfs would do a better job than the current board.

You may well be right but where were Bozo or Zorba (MWDRLFC) members all along? what did they do to take the measure you're calling for, in the name of the best interest and love of the club...if it's so black and white?

``You don’t have to be a mathematical genius to work out the Penns have two votes, Quantum have two votes and the leagues and football clubs have three votes.

So why didnt Penn and Quantum vote together.
4 beats 3 doesnt it?

Last thing Manly needs is for Zorba to continue at the Club. He is killing the reputation of club he said he loves, by crapping on and on.

The Arko/Bozo faction needs to put their money in, then they can dictate how Manly should be run. It was Arko's lack of business acumen that resulted in ARL Clubs not being registered with non-compete clauses and no brand protection of Club emblems wasn't it?

ARL lost, Super League won, work with the new paradigm and get on with life.
Fans want Rugby League news and boardroom fighting doesn't cut it - unless they too bring back the biff :p

HappilyManly said:

4 beats 3 doesnt it?

Last thing Manly needs is for Zorba to continue at the Club. He is killing the reputation of club he said he loves, by crapping on and on.

The Arko/Bozo faction needs to put their money in, then they can dictate how Manly should be run. It was Arko's lack of business acumen that resulted in ARL Clubs not being registered with non-compete clauses and no brand protection of Club emblems wasn't it?

Fans want Rugby League news and boardroom fighting doesn't cut it - unless they too bring back the biff :p
Mate under the constitution it needs to be 5-2

Interesting that no one on the Board voted for Des then :huh:.

We live in interesting times.

Bring in the new blood and lets cheer the Oz Team against the Nz Team next Saturday.

HappilyManly said:

4 beats 3 doesnt it?

Are you seriously bagging arkos ability as an administrator? Those sorts of legal issues are what you pay lawyers alot of money for. If it wasn't for Arko league would be played by plumbers, builders and concreters on suburban ovals only being reported in local papers.

Bring in the new blood? wtf. The men you speak of are all old bitter guys. Fulton was a good player but a failed coach, Zorba is just a bitter divisive figure, and Arko is 82 and needs a frame to get around these days. Besides that he lives on the Gold Coast. Get a grip. If we want new direction stick with Penn and Perry. At least they are concentrating on the money side and getting us a new stadium. What the others want is revenge and mayhem.

You have got to be joking - the place has been a disaster zone since perry arrived. Blunder after blunder.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6