Do we have the Forwards to match the Best in 2024

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Jake seems to be losing his spot in the Aussie team right now. Not selected in the final. My honest opinion, is rightly so, he's way too slow now, for club footy, let alone rep footy.
Jake is losing his spot to more formidable forwards like the explosive Hurricane Hass and the Destructive Towering Tino

But Jake is still a Great Defender and compliments any team feathered friend @Ryan

As far as slow goes unfortunately he does not poses the Killer Speed Seed in his genes
1699069433607.png

I don't think Latu and Samuela would have been released unless there were off field considerations as well. Samuela got done for driving without a licence (for the umpteenth time) not all that long ago. Who knows what else they have going on behind the scenes that the club wants to wash their hands of.
I could be wrong but I don’t think they were released for off field reasons. I know what you mean but I reckon across the NRL, there’d be a dozen players at every club that would be sacked every year if management took a no bull**** policy. We’ve kept players on our roster that have done much worse than drive whilst disqualified, like domestic violence and stabbing chargers for example!

If there was something worse than a disqualified licence going on, you can bet it would be out in the media by now.

I reckon they could get more money elsewhere and Manly weren’t prepared to match it because they don’t wanna wait two or three years for their investment.

I thought brooks was the trigger. Sign brooks and manly don't want to keep paying good dollars for latu + latu wants to play 1st grade sooner. Mutual parting of the ways. Samuela goes with his brother.

I reckon they could get more money elsewhere and Manly weren’t prepared to match it because they don’t wanna wait two or three years for their investment.
Spot on. But so much for family loyalty after what Des and the Manly Club and team provided in support of the family throughout the whole Manasi debacle. This blind support cruelled our premiership chances by our non-investment in a legitimate hooker over those years. I wont be wishing the Fainu boys any luck over the next few years.

Spot on. But so much for family loyalty after what Des and the Manly Club and team provided in support of the family throughout the whole Manasi debacle. This blind support cruelled our premiership chances by our non-investment in a legitimate hooker over those years. I wont be wishing the Fainu boys any luck over the next few years.
But were they loyal to manly or des because those two parties aren't really getting on at the moment.

The problem is Lodge is unlikely to be at his best this season after ACL surgery. Big guys take a season to get back any mobility and speed.
Agree with you there Stewy2, just responding to the plodder comments, pointing out there’s more to a player’s skill set than “leg-speed”.

By the way when did “leg speed” become a thing? What’s wrong with plain old speed?!

Healthy, fit and in-form:
Jake, Aloiai, Lodge, Paseka, Sipley and Bullemor make a pretty decent middle forward rotation.

The key is working as a pack, not as individuals, and having a ruthless mentality. Quality coaching, attitude, and luck will determine whether they can dominate for a full season, as opposed to a couple of games

Depth middles in Woods, Brown, Waddell provide great experience, and young guns James, Navale may be promising fill-ins

Our edge players are very mobile in Burbo, Lawton, Matterson, and Parker (and Schuster potentially the most skilled backrower in the comp, with Guac our weapon of choice)

I think our list is fine. Not the best, but far from the worst...

Can Seibs bring out the pack's killer instinct?

Healthy, fit and in-form:
Jake, Aloiai, Lodge, Paseka, Sipley and Bullemor make a pretty decent middle forward rotation.

The key is working as a pack, not as individuals, and having a ruthless mentality. Quality coaching, attitude, and luck will determine whether they can dominate for a full season, as opposed to a couple of games

Depth middles in Woods, Brown, Waddell provide great experience, and young guns James, Navale may be promising fill-ins

Our edge players are very mobile in Burbo, Lawton, Matterson, and Parker (and Schuster potentially the most skilled backrower in the comp, with Guac our weapon of choice)

I think our list is fine. Not the best, but far from the worst...

Good summary

It is Kill or be Killed in the ruthless NRL comp
And Too many coach Excuses lead to coach Executions
Fair enough too ...
As None of us keep our job long if we do not perform

Holy crap our fans standards and expectations have plummeted. I remember quite a few periods when (just like Panthers, Storm, Chooks, Bron's now) losing was just unacceptable.

Seems we'll accept and celebrate any kind of mediocrity these days. And I'm no different I guess.

Don't get me wrong, we'll have some decent performances again against The Tigers, Dogs and a few others, but we are going to get battered through the middles again against The Storm, Panthers, Broncos, Sharks & others who have 2023-2024 type forwards.

Is what it is though. Seems we are pretty set roster wise. Another 12th-16th finish imminent. I'm sure there will be an array of excuses as well, as we've seen rolled out for the past decade and a bit. That's what this club is now, that's our identity - apathy and excuses.

Be interesting with the best suited make up with a prop rotation and with Lodge not available for the earlier stages of next season .
Sipley on recent indications probably best off starting even if Jake reverts to prop and as an automatic starter at prop .
Would have to rate Paseka ahead of Sipley overall but in terms of a starting role and impact factor , probably still Sips starting . Bully a must coming on from the bench regardless of who is eventually available or all available prop personal eventually on deck
Realize a bit of a paradox with that reasoning with Sipley and also with the contention then when Lodge returns and hopefully able to produce his best , Sips to drop below Jake , Lodge , Paseka and Bully .
Then where Waddell and Brown and for that matter James will fit in apart from the depth factor .
Still have to come up with the best fit at 13 as well .
Certainly a bit to sort out before season 's start and then ongoing in the pack .

Then have overlooked Alioia , guess that one really has to wonder if he really is needed in the present circumstances .
then maybe he is able to come good again and show something worthwhile to justify his pay packet .

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10