Do we have the Forwards to match the Best in 2024

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Most of the guys are legitimate first graders and we have two stars in Jake and Haumole. But overall, our balance isn't great - too many similar lumbering props and a lack of a decent lock.

Compared to the explosiveness of JFH, Haas, Carrigan. Martin etc. in that grand final we are way off their pace and intensity over 80 minutes.

Who plays lock? We need a better option than Jake and Josh A who are just props. Schuster doesn't have the motor to play there even though his body shape is ideal. That leaves Burbo if he can "grow" into the position, but he is probably more of an edge. Lawton and Croker could probably handle the tackling side of it but not a lot of oomph in the hit-ups.

So I guess the default option is Jake. Not ideal.

Burbo is a solid, , workhorse, that is pretty mobile, who doesnt quite have the experience and possibly the confidence yet,but could grow into a 13 in time

Interesting to see how his body and confidence progresses with another off season . he has some pretty big shadows

gifty didnt look to make it as a great 13 early and burbo looks more a modern 13 physically. he looked more robust and aggresive after copping a few high shots.

maybe take the roy masters approach and burbo might get fired up enough to fill the void

he just needs a few moments that make him believe in himself more and rid himself of the 3rd brother tag, and he could own it.......or not

I see Burbo as currently our one to watch and be excited about in 24. He's filled out. He's played just enough grade. You can just see it that he's now comfortable out there. In 23 everytime he stepped it up a gear and was looking like he might explode, he seemed to find an injury.

If Injury free, he's an absolute chance of just coming out of preseason and being a gun.

Right now we have a back row spot just waiting to be won and unless we sign someone of note who plays on an edge, my money's on Burbo just making the 👠 look silly.

too many similar lumbering props and a lack of a decent lock.
Jakob Arthur is a smoky for lock. He's pretty scrawny though so it may be a tall order physically, but he has decent tackle technique and enough skill with the ball.
edit - I wrote 'Brad' then remembered the kids name :think:

Paseka - always injured or dropped
Aloiai - always injured or suspended (or crap)
Lodge - who knows if he'll even play
Jake - Inspiration leader / defender. CanNOT attack - too slow
Croker - isn't a Hookers arsehole, solid at best
Olakau'atu - Fantastic , explosive , our best
Sipley - improved out of sight last year
Bullemor - became oin of my favourites - beast
Waddell - isn't a first grader
James - unproven, but plenty of potential
GCKT - SOO much potential and character, love him
Arthur - could be an AMAZING Utility
Matterson - could and should be depth. IS he a back or a forward though - unsure

Well, when you actually break it down like that l, and try and be balanced about it, it's not as BAD as I'm suggesting, huh.

BUT, one (or even better TWO) marquee forwards are required to improve that. AFB for 2025 is a must (he WILL be 29 by then though).

Matterson - could and should be depth. IS he a back or a forward though - unsure

Well, when you actually break it down like that l, and try and be balanced about it, it's not as BAD as I'm suggesting, huh.

BUT, one (or even better TWO) marquee forwards are required to improve that. AFB for 2025 is a must (he WILL be 29 by then though).
When has Paseka ever been dropped?

Whilst extreme, your assessment is pretty accurate except for Paseka. He’s a good one

Might be the year for some juniors to graduate. Forwards Sykes, Dunford (didn’t go to Canberra).

Humphreys did some good things between the halves and hooker in Flegg. O’Donnell.

I know you like your stats, so let’s take a look:

Paseka 2023
Games: 18
Avg. hit ups: 13.1
Avg. metres: 139
Avg. tackle breaks: 1.8
Avg. offloads: 1

James Fisher Harris 2023
Games: 23
Avg. hit ups: 12.9
Avg. metres: 130
Avg. tackle breaks: 2.3
Avg. offloads: 0.7

Lindsay Collins 2023
Games: 25
Avg. hit ups: 10.8
Avg. metres: 112
Avg. tackle breaks: 1.48
Avg. offloads: 0.44

AFB, Haas and Tapine are standouts, but Paseka is in that next tier.

I know you like your stats, so let’s take a look:

Paseka 2023
Games: 18
Avg. hit ups: 13.1
Avg. metres: 139
Avg. tackle breaks: 1.8
Avg. offloads: 1

James Fisher Harris 2023
Games: 23
Avg. hit ups: 12.9
Avg. metres: 130
Avg. tackle breaks: 2.3
Avg. offloads: 0.7

Lindsay Collins 2023
Games: 25
Avg. hit ups: 10.8
Avg. metres: 112
Avg. tackle breaks: 1.48
Avg. offloads: 0.44

AFB, Haas and Tapine are standouts, but Paseka is in that next tier.
Yeah I was going to say Ryan is way too harsh on Paseka, he is our best prop. Lodge will potentially take that title off him once he's back from his ACL

Ryan yes not so bad when you break it down.

Paseka would have racked up a lot more games had he not been rubbed out with that blatant foul tackle. His stats were I thought very good while he is on the field so that should continue next year. I loved what we saw from Sips and Bulleymore towards the end of season so hopefully that will also continue into next year. Aloia and Lodge are the big unknown quantities for mine. Lodge with his ACL comeback and Aloia with his seemingly on-going array of injuries. That's the big hole in the middle. Yes still skinny up front but might be covered with one or two of the newbies.

If we were a horse I would say a good each way bet for 24. Definitely not a favourite but odds should be mid to high teens so worth a bet.

We should have released Schuster, not signed Brooks (even though I think he will do well for us) and kept both Fainu brothers. Play Latu at 6 and Sammy at prop. He is the mobile big man with leg speed and an offload we need.

I reckon DCE’s age spooked the club and they believe we are in a premiership window and we let two great prospects go to try and win NOW. Trouble is, I don’t see the window they see and would prefer we build for the future.

I see Burbo as currently our one to watch and be excited about in 24. He's filled out. He's played just enough grade. You can just see it that he's now comfortable out there. In 23 everytime he stepped it up a gear and was looking like he might explode, he seemed to find an injury.

If Injury free, he's an absolute chance of just coming out of preseason and being a gun.

Right now we have a back row spot just waiting to be won and unless we sign someone of note who plays on an edge, my money's on Burbo just making the 👠 look silly.
Agree, also, very dangerous attacking on the line, great body shape for a 2nd rower, and hard to drag down when put through a gap. Certainly have no qualms about Burbo cementing that 2nd row spot next to Olacalatu.

Trying to keep or justifying the amount of coin the Tigers were offering both Samual and Latu was always going to be a bit of an insurmountable prospect for Manly however .
Even though Latu still had one more season to go on his previous deal .
Vexing or main problem is having Shu and Alioia on or at a minimum of about 1. 25 mil between them ongoing and obviously getting such poor value for money with these deals or previous deals for some time now . Won 't even go there with Turbo
Both Sam and Latu in all likelihood should have quite a bit to offer in future times and to be able to warrant their new deals .
Just will not be at Manly, at least in the short term .
Sam as a regular prop or a prop role and doing well there , probably manageable , even though could be more suited on an edge on current indications .

We should have released Schuster, not signed Brooks (even though I think he will do well for us) and kept both Fainu brothers. Play Latu at 6 and Sammy at prop. He is the mobile big man with leg speed and an offload we need.

I reckon DCE’s age spooked the club and they believe we are in a premiership window and we let two great prospects go to try and win NOW. Trouble is, I don’t see the window they see and would prefer we build for the future.
I don't think Latu and Samuela would have been released unless there were off field considerations as well. Samuela got done for driving without a licence (for the umpteenth time) not all that long ago. Who knows what else they have going on behind the scenes that the club wants to wash their hands of.

Just noticed Coen Hess is one of many Cowboys' players currently off contract. I reckon he could be a decent option for us, depending on price.
Stop posting and start making a Manly comeback @Ron E. Gibbs

If Manly can sign the Aging Arron Woods they can give you a go as well and you would prove much more affective

Just noticed Coen Hess is one of many Cowboys' players currently off contract. I reckon he could be a decent option for us, depending on price.
Depending on Price is an excuse for Incompetent Salary cap Managers that have no creativity to challenge the cap and win

Records
Defensive lines
Game Plans "
and Salary caps are all meant to be broken
1699065229908.png

Jake seems to be losing his spot in the Aussie team right now. Not selected in the final. My honest opinion, is rightly so, he's way too slow now, for club footy, let alone rep footy.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10