Des - Merged Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Footballers want to be with Des; they want to be not only coached by the best, but they want to feel the love. I can't help being reminded of the movie Jerry Maguire where another manager witnesses Jerry hugging his main man. THe other manager tries to do the same to his main man and his main man shrugs him off. Des gives the love and receives the love.

captainskin said:
Footballers want to be with Des; they want to be not only coached by the best, but they want to feel the love. I can't help being reminded of the movie Jerry Maguire where another manager witnesses Jerry hugging his main man. THe other manager tries to do the same to his main man and his main man shrugs him off. Des gives the love and receives the love.

So now all we have to do is "show Des the money"

I was never worried that Des would leave. He's the most loyal bloke in the game. Hed never turn his back on the club, especially the players.
He's building something really special with this group of players and no way would he be ditching them.
Back 2 back baby!

swoop said:
Des leaving was a bigger concern for me, than hoppa going. This is the best news for the club. Sponsors will hopefully find the premiers a lot more attractive while Des is around.

It sure does soften the blow, hoppa who.

The pleasing thing is that he will be wrapped up until 2015.

As for the scumdogs going crazy, I only have two words for them "KARMA BIATCH"

I heard noise that Greenturd put out feelers and finally met with Bellamy several months ago. The deal has been done and bellyache will be there in 2013 with some of the drizzle players. Its going to be annouced in the new year.

Great news. It'd be nice if Des could have a bit of a break from footy during the off season as I always get the impression he gets pretty wound up during the season proper.

Such good news, whilst I'm not 100% relieved , as it is not a pen to paper deal yet, as it is Dessie you would think a "handshake" deal is pretty damn close.
Show him the money...

OneEyedEagle said:
swoop said:
Des leaving was a bigger concern for me, than hoppa going. This is the best news for the club. Sponsors will hopefully find the premiers a lot more attractive while Des is around.

It sure does soften the blow, hoppa who.

The pleasing thing is that he will be wrapped up until 2015.

As for the scumdogs going crazy, I only have two words for them "KARMA BIATCH"

I heard noise that Greenturd put out feelers and finally met with Bellamy several months ago. The deal has been done and bellyache will be there in 2013 with some of the drizzle players. Its going to be annouced in the new year.

I spoke to a few of my parra mates and they are spewing at the amount they've paid for hoppa jr, but not only that, it's also the baggage that comes with it and then because he won't be playing til 2014. One of my mates has seen the light and given up on the slime and is now a sea eagle supporter lol.

Let's see how bellyache goes at the dogs without all the stars he had at his disposal when they were cheating the cap.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS FOR THE MIGHTY MANLY-WARINGAH SEAEAGLES.

Phantar said:
Jethro said:
That's great to hear but I would rather hear that he has actually signed the contract.

Agree Jethro. It was interesting to hear Penn interviewed on Channel 10 last night saying they wouldn't get into a bidding war for Hasler's services. Now we have a story saying he is being offered $1 mil per year!

I'm wondering if:

1. The story has been planted to try and keep the Dogs at bay (couldn't resist); or
2. Some of that reputed fee is actually to bolster salaries/resources of support staff for the lower grades - an area that Des has apparently expressed concern over.

$1m including bonuses. My guess Manly would have to win the comp to get the full $1m in a season, and if we do win the comp we can afford to pay him that. If Manly doesn't win, I think Hasler will go home with substantially less than he would have been paid if he went to the Dogs. Sounds like a pretty smart deal to me if it is true. Hasler, being such a competitor, will always back his ability to meet the targets to get the bonuses.

However I don't believe the press when they write negative stories about us with no evidence so I will treat this one the same way until we have actual proof that he has signed a new deal with us.

The thing with Des is that he was already wealthy when he took on the job. Despite 'show me the money' lines as quoted in that article, I think his greater quest is to entrench the Club as indisputably one of the greatest footballing outfits, not only in this code but Australia-wide. A Collingwood -like behemoth. With that he wants strength across the grades, a strong junior league (which has always produced quality players), excellent player identification and recruitment (which we obviously already have) and a homeground that not only supporters and residents can be proud of, but one that generates a very solid income stream.

If he is about to re-sign that's tremendous news. I never really doubted it, but I want to see both Des and Penn/Perry quoted/pictured to that effect before I believe it!

Now the management team must to rise to the challenge. I have confidence in Scott Penn and co and (as I've said elsewhere) I am very pleased that we have David Perry onboard. I'll make a prediction - now that Zorba has gone, the snippets fed to Ritchie and Rothfield about Hasler and the players not getting along with Perry will start to subside. The recent turnaround in our bottom line has been helped immeasurably by having Perry, and people like our membership guru Larissa, onboard. And in the case of the former I'm sure that Des, if he did have problems with Perry, realises that.

More power to them.

SMH have published yet another article stating Des has signed with the Bulldogs now.....

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/des-hasler-to-join-bulldogs-in-2013-20111007-1lcdx.html

torana355 said:
SMH have published yet another article stating Des has signed with the Bulldogs now.....

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/des-hasler-to-join-bulldogs-in-2013-20111007-1lcdx.html

Complete disaster (if it's true)!!!!

I am wondering how he could sign with Canterbury when he has been in talks with us this morning......

Unless once again this was a done deal previously and we have all been suckered in.

I still hope it is all BS. We still havent heard anything from Des but then again we havent heard anything to say he even hinted at staying beyond 2012 either :(

All we can do is wait and see what the truth is, so far i give the media no credibility. Everytime the stakes are raised they go off and publish that he has made a deal, going by them he has made about 20 deals so far....

that sounds like a poorly written and desperate article by the telegraph. Not sure how they get away with publishing those

What we can take out of this is the media is always full of lies, we have 2 completely different stories now one of them can't be true lol....

If he goes for more $$ than we can afford what can you do? I would prefer to have a team than have no team and a rich Des Hasler....

Seems Des is going at end of 2012 season. Question is whether Crusher and players are off too. No doubt some have in contracts are free agents if Des isn't Manly coach.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8